Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dier would be one we should look to start resting more. he is crucial & seems to play nearly every min.
please at least rest him against Monaco.
Why can't we just trust the manager? Who has access to state of the art training centre at his disposal and a team of fitness experts and statisticians measuring every training session with all players wearing GPS trackers recording every step and every output of every player.

Played well all things considering.

I was a little disappointed in Dembele. Really thought he had a chance, being fresh, to boss the game.

He had some bright moments, but i was just expecting him to be on the ball more.

The buildup/linkup play between Kane, Son, Lamela, and Eriksen is really really sexy.

Also thought N'jie has looked lively in his last couple of sub appearances. Hopefully he can put it together, but he's fast as FUUUUCK

Re resting players, I tend to go along with Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 's comment: trust the manager. He does know a little bit more about it than us. Having said that, have found myself wondering what later in the season will look like, with the way we play. Hopefully the team won't look knackered in February.

Just watched MOTD2. I knew the post match talk was going to be all about Costa and that's just fine with me. Keep having us fly under the radar. No positive attention, no negative attention.

Bore off you cretin.

26 disagrees, must be a record on here. Never knew there were that many posters here.

I want Spurs to win trophies not get the coveted fourth you naive wankers want.

We played well against Chelsea? Are you kidding me? They weren't great and nearly scored. Our efforts were less threatening and almost all of them were comfortable saves.

You want to win titles, you don't want to be happy or content drawing against shitshows like Chelsea. They made our attack ordinary, stifled us completely, like the Spurs of old, and if they can do it, other teams can do the exact same.

We have the most draws because we can't kill teams off. Did anyone watch Qarabag? I did.

Also, we should win three in a week, not be happy with draws and because we traveled and bullshit.

I see the Poch brigade, or rather the naively optimistic fool brigade, who thinks criticism is akin to death, what the fuck are you, religious zealots, are trying to defend the non-rotation. Bloody ironic considering I have defended Europa for months, whilst some of the wankers on here are purely bandwagon sheep and continuously want to drop out of Europa for fourth and be knocked out by CL teams at the first hurdle.

There's something called realism. Some of you need to wake up to the world and not live in a bubble. Too may people on here swayed by the wind. What are you too, non-voters? Apolitical? All that crap the world serves you taste good? Must be pretty sad to only live to be naive about the hopes of a football team.

I want Spurs to win and be great, whereas some of you purely want to feel good about yourselves. Mollycoddling reality gets you a stick up the ass.

Go ahead and pat yourselves on the back. In the end, the reality is all that matters, and for your naivety, nothing changes. No one great ever became so hearing placate plaudits by sheep.

You want to win titles
There's something called realism
:nawty:

I hope Rose can learn from this too as he kept trying to take Willian (by far their best player!)
on and kept losing but otherwise he did ok.
Agree. He was our weak link on Sunday, and really needed to keep it simple against their only form player.

I was a little disappointed in Dembele. Really thought he had a chance, being fresh, to boss the game.

He had some bright moments, but i was just expecting him to be on the ball more.
Yup. Thought he looked like the old Dembele. He didn't really hold onto the ball and get his head up, and he wasn't going forward often enough either.

Haven't had much of a chance to comment the last two weeks as I'm up to my balls in 15 hour work days but I said before november IF we stay unbeaten in those three derbies and euro games we are in serious business and that is the case.
I honestly think at the very least 4th is there for us now, the problems I see being Dier, the centre backs and Kane staying injury and suspension free tbh.
If we can get them through the season playing consistently well i think we can finish top 4 without a doubt so lets see.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom