Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you trying to get 27 disagrees or something?

I think the most ever disagrees was me putting myself forward to be the official "forum proof-reader".
or was it arc to be the official forum friendly greeter.

ps. I think I probably wrote proof-reader wrong.
it is probably all 1 word or no - needed.

Last edited:
I love the win every game attitude. but can they keep it up without a bit more rotation?
everyone agrees we looked tired against Chelsea.
I do think a few more should have stayed at home on Thursday.

id say well over 60% of the forum wanted him to rest a lot more. but when he didn't, suddenly well over 60% of the forum think it was the correct decision but also think it had a negative effect against Chelsea.

poch has done amazing for us. but its ok to make small criticisms of him.
doesn't mean u want him sacked.

squad rotation around busy periods/cups is one of the few things he can improve on.
last season it was pretty average and the same again this season so far....

that & the huge question mark over whether players can keep up the work rate for a whole season.
then over & over again.
we couldn't last year.

my other one was the high defensive line. but he has made changes to it & it has been working superb.
don't forget he is still young & fairly inexperienced. so he is learning all the time.

those 2 criticisms are completely overshadowed by all the good things he has done.

does anyone know managers of a similar style with (the pressing game & heavy work rate) who have stayed at 1 team for a while without the players being run in to the ground.
bielsa (who he worked under) never seems to last long.

is it sustainable?
how will we make it work?
will these young players be knackered by the time they hit 26-28?
lower or higher turnover of players than your average club?
will we rely on a few youngsters coming through every year?

how will we make it sustainable. not moaning. just generally interested in how people seeing it working out in the long term?

but u are right. we should all be enjoying the current run we are on.
a draw to Chelsea isn't a bad result at all.
personally I think we should have rested more & then we would have had a better chance to beat Chelsea.
but we may have lost on Thursday & still drawn today.

but I do think these questions will come up again when we are in the Europa knockout games.
maybe its just one of those no right or wrong situations.
It's a pretty simple to answer imo, poch has his players who he trusts, 15/16 maybe atm and 2/3 more he is willing to give a chance - these are the players we play with. If he stays around maybe their wil be 18/19 and 3 - the year after maybe a full squad of players who poch trusts to do a job and then rotation won't be an issue so much, just needs a bit of luck and the extra 10% support to get there

100% - this is where the injuries to Bentaleb and Mason are catching up with us.
agreed. I didn't realise bentaleb was going to be out for so long.
& now mason is out again too.
who else we got to play there so we can rest dier?

First real chance I've had to post since game.

Firstly I thought the Chavs were an absolute disgrace and if I were a fan of them I would be wondering what the fuck was going on and be demanding Jose's head as, to me, he's lost the dressing room with Costa's behaviour completely unacceptable!
If he'd done that with Poch he probably wouldn't get another game.
Quite rightly so.

To set up a team and tactics like that against a side that were so obviously knackered defied belief.

And yet, apart from one shot late on and a fluffed header they showed no ambition whatsoever!

Despite our tiredness we still did enough to win and Begovic had to be on top form to keep us out!
Son has to learn how to head a ball properly.

I hope Rose can learn from this too as he kept trying to take Willian (by far their best player!)
on and kept losing but otherwise he did ok.

Like a lot of you I thought if this was played on Monday nite it would have been a comfortable win for us so, like the Woolwich game, I came away disappointed with 1 point which says it all about our progress and team spirit!

We ARE a bigger club than the Chavs!

Always have been and always will be!

Class is forever.........

Not suggesting he's a good replacement but Carroll performed well enough in his last outing to at least get the odd 20 mins when we're in control and can give dier a little rest at least

It's a pretty simple to answer imo, poch has his players who he trusts, 15/16 maybe atm and 2/3 more he is willing to give a chance - these are the players we play with. If he stays around maybe their wil be 18/19 and 3 - the year after maybe a full squad of players who poch trusts to do a job and then rotation won't be an issue so much, just needs a bit of luck and the extra 10% support to get there
so how many trusted player are we short of this season? about 3?

u were meant to decide before u replied. then id trust u to be honest.
I am ruining this thread. so no more spelling tests from me.

Countdown_7f8a7c_426769.jpg

Back
Top Bottom