Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb. 11th Thursday. 1st leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Doherty - Dier - Tanganga - Davies
Hojbjerg - Sissoko
Lamela - Dele - Bergwijn
Kane

I was thinking perhaps rest Toby, who has had a hectic schedule, ahead of the NLD?
I don’t think we can afford to. we were at home tonight (ditto Thursday and just down the road vs them next weekend) so I think he will be ok. I wouldn’t take him to the away league tho (away flights and no sleep must impact older players more hence that’s the one to rest em for)

Thursday 11 March (H) Dynamo Zagreb
Sunday 14 March (A) Woolwich
Thursday 18 March (A) Dynamo Zagreb
Sunday 21 March (A) Aston Villa

Tricky one as I'd like to rest all of Kane, Son and Bale so all are good to go against Woolwich, maybe play 2 of them (say Kane and one other) for 45 ,minutes each with Vinicius playing 90 minutes and Dele playing 90 minutes as well

Also will need to rest Toby.

Wonder if Lo Celso is good to start and maybe play 45/60 minutes which would help out in CM

UWgKIEA.jpg

Hart, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Winks, Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela, Vinicius

I don’t think we can afford to. we were at home tonight (ditto Thursday and just down the road vs them next weekend) so I think he will be ok. I wouldn’t take him to the away league tho (away flights and no sleep must impact older players more hence that’s the one to rest em for)

Flight time to Zagreb is just over 2 hours - that's not a major problem - but its the number of playing minutes in quick succession which is the issue.

Is it time to rest Sonny and unleash Bergy?

Also would like that Lamela and Dele starts.
Sonny was running around like a blue arsed fly at the end so I don't expect him to start.
Harry was taken off early so good chance he will start probs with Dele and Berg.
Arseholes of course on the following Sunday so Jose will be using the subs wisely. Will Bale get more than few minutes?
Expect a 2 goal buffer after this game.

Massive game! Topped their EL Group!

Don't underrate them!

The same group that Wolfsberg finished 2nd in. Their league form is great because they're up against piss poor sides.

However, I think Jose will go very strong for this as European games can be tricky. Woolwich also have a tough game and are away, so they will be just as leggy for Sunday's game.

Lloris

Aurier
Dier
Sanchez
Davies

Hojberg
N'Dombele

Lamela
Alli
Bergwyjin

Kane

---------------------lloris--------------------
doherty---dier-----toby------reggie
------------hojbjerg--ndombele------
--lucas--------lamela-------bergwijn
-----------------kane-------------------

get it wrapped up by half time, no messing about. full rests to son and bale ready for NLD , get gio half hour if hes available and we are comfy

2 legged match and we will need to be strong in the 2nd leg, irrespective of the first leg unless we run up a cricket score - which I really doubt.

I note they beat Wolfsberger 3 - 0 and 1-0 (we beat them 4-1 and 4-0) so I'd guess that the team we put out in the 2nd leg might well be enough for the first leg :

Hart
Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies
Sissoko, Winks
Lamela Dele Bergwijn
Vinicius​

So the team doesn't need to be too much stronger than this - maybe see if Lo Celso can do 45/60 minutes to add creativity and buzz in midfield etc. As Reguilon hasn't played much I'd maybe start him to add more attacking flair.

And have some strength on bench to bring on if we need to add goals.

That way we rest players for Woolwich and 2nd leg if needed.

Back
Top Bottom