Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb. 11th Thursday. 1st leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Easy opponent, although that doesn't mean we should think it is an easy game that we can sleepwalk through, but no need for the big boys to play, outside of Lloris because Hart could easily lose this game all on his own even though they are terrible.

Lloris
Doherty-Tanganga-Dier-Davies
Sissoko-Winks
Bergwijn-Dele-Lamela
Vinicius
Should be enough to get us a 3/4-1 win and another easy game in the 2nd leg.

Flight time to Zagreb is just over 2 hours - that's not a major problem - but its the number of playing minutes in quick succession which is the issue.
Disagree - it’s straight after a game with fatigued muscles, best case they are home 4am Friday AM so next to no sleep. That’s Friday written off, Saturday recovery and Sunday game

hone games far easier

Easy opponent, although that doesn't mean we should think it is an easy game that we can sleepwalk through, but no need for the big boys to play, outside of Lloris because Hart could easily lose this game all on his own even though they are terrible.

Lloris
Sissoko-Winks
Bergwijn-Dele-Lamela
Vinicius
Horrendous side , would back us to lose with that

guess we get to make five subs at half time to revert the inevitable soiling of the bed and give us a chance but rather start strong and dial back

Horrendous side , would back us to lose with that

guess we get to make five subs at half time to revert the inevitable soiling of the bed and give us a chance but rather start strong and dial back

It’s a fine squad for the likes of Zagreb.

I would back 11 random posters from this site to win this game for us.

Lloris
Sissoko-Winks
Bergwijn-Dele-Lamela
Vinicius
Needs Ndombele (who was rested vs Palace) and 1 of our big front 3 imo. Wouldn’t mind 45 minutes of Kane and 45 minutes of Son which would keep them both fresh for NLD.

Lots of tough choices to make in this one. I say be bold so have chosen the following:

Lloris
Doc Dier Toby Davies
Sissoko Ndom
Lamela Dele Bergwijn
Vinicius

Sissoko Ndom is risky but I'd really like to see PEH get a rest. Winks instead of Sissoko? Doesn't really matter but please God not both. To me, the NLD is more important than a first leg EL tie that we should be able to be more than competitive in.

Based off Mourinho post match interview, I think there’ll be a quite a few chances. He basically confirmed a few attackers attackers who were on the bench will start and Winks likely to be replaced by Tanguy or Sissoko.

Lloris
Sissoko-Winks
Bergwijn-Dele-Lamela
Vinicius

You are clueless, aren't you?

Agreed, but their league is a pub league. A couple of teams have big money and the rest are not even championship level.

Also, they haven't met Kane/Bale/Son.
They've only conceded 4 goals in the EL this season if you factor in their qualifying round match as well. And had teams like Feyenoord and CSKA Moscow in their group who are no slouches.

On paper we should beat them 10 times out of 10. But this is just the type of side that historically would make it way harder for us than it has to be.

We don't need to go full force probably. But we have to take them seriously.

Second-string only. no reason to risk anyone, they're a poor side and we have a 2nd leg to correct any fuck up
Poor side.

Fuck me, based on what?

They have beatrn CSKA Moscow, Feyeenord and Krasnodar.

I guess russian league is farmers league too.

Of course we can rotate in first match, but they are serious side.

Really think Hojbjerg needs a rest. He's played 41 games this season, and will soon be hit with burnout. Problem is, we have no one to replace him.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - Winks
Lamela - Dele - Bergwijn
Vinicius​

Back
Top Bottom