Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb. 11th Thursday. 1st leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given Jose's comments on PEH being rested I hope we see:

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Dier Davies
Ndombele Sissoko
Dele
Lamela Kane Bergjwin

Zagreb seem to be a step up in terms of the quality that we've faced so far. I don't think we can roll out the full B-team unless we want to labour for 60 mins before bringing the big guns on. I think it's risky to start Bale again so Kane will have to do the business.

Give Son and Bale a rest.
Sissoko in over Winks.
Keep Sanchez playing.
Rest Reg.

Hopefully we can get 3 nil up and take off Kane at some point.

Remember Woolwich are away against tougher opposition so can't really afford to rest players either (not to mention they have a worse squad).

Given Jose's comments on PEH being rested I hope we see:

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Dier Davies
Ndombele Sissoko
Dele
Lamela Kane Bergjwin

Zagreb seem to be a step up in terms of the quality that we've faced so far. I don't think we can roll out the full B-team unless we want to labour for 60 mins before bringing the big guns on. I think it's risky to start Bale again so Kane will have to do the business.

Give Son and Bale a rest.
Sissoko in over Winks.
Keep Sanchez playing.
Rest Reg.

Hopefully we can get 3 nil up and take off Kane at some point.

Remember Woolwich are away against tougher opposition so can't really afford to rest players either (not to mention they have a worse squad).

Yep good shout.

Son for Kane maybe but some rest for key players without taking the p!ss but with Sunday in mind.

We should have way too much quality for Zagreb, but this is not a game for the B team!

I'm not saying that we should play our absolute strongest side, but we should be able to rest a few tired regulars (e.g. Kane, PEH, Son and Reguilon) and only bring them on if we need to in the 2nd half.

Do that and we'll win the 1st leg quite easily...then the 2nd leg should be more of a manageable game, meaning we can rest even more key players ahead of Villa on the 21st.

Either way, we ain't losing to Zagreb over 2 legs, so the Europa League semis look good to me!

COYS

Go with the strongest possible eleven, we want a trophy this season. I'm all for rotation in the group stages but this is the knockouts, we don't want to go to Croatia with no cushion.

If we go with players like Bergwijn and Vinny as I've seen some suggest we are playing with fire.

Its important to maintain momentum and the feel good factor.

Go with the strongest possible eleven, we want a trophy this season. I'm all for rotation in the group stages but this is the knockouts, we don't want to go to Croatia with no cushion.

If we go with players like Bergwijn and Vinny as I've seen some suggest we are playing with fire.

PEH needs a break ahead of the NL derby though...

I think two of the big guns - Ndombele and/or Kane or Bale - will be enough to give us the edge in quality.

Add to that Dele who seems to be arriving, as Jose likes to say, plus Lamela in good form and we have a fairly decent attack.

Maybe Bergjwin can surprise us and actually show up for once.

We should have way too much quality for Zagreb, but this is not a game for the B team!

I'm not saying that we should play our absolute strongest side, but we should be able to rest a few tired regulars (e.g. Kane, PEH, Son and Reguilon) and only bring them on if we need to in the 2nd half.

Do that and we'll win the 1st leg quite easily...then the 2nd leg should be more of a manageable game, meaning we can rest even more key players ahead of Villa on the 21st.

Either way, we ain't losing to Zagreb over 2 legs, so the Europa League semis look good to me!

COYS

Who are we playing in the quarter finals then?

Easy opponent, although that doesn't mean we should think it is an easy game that we can sleepwalk through, but no need for the big boys to play, outside of Lloris because Hart could easily lose this game all on his own even though they are terrible.

Lloris
Doherty-Tanganga-Dier-Davies
Sissoko-Winks
Bergwijn-Dele-Lamela
Vinicius
Should be enough to get us a 3/4-1 win and another easy game in the 2nd leg.
Have you seen them play?

Back
Top Bottom