Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb. 11th Thursday. 1st leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

szuoeXj.png

Bless your heart, thinky.

Really think Hojbjerg needs a rest. He's played 41 games this season, and will soon be hit with burnout. Problem is, we have no one to replace him.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - Winks
Lamela - Dele - Bergwijn
Vinicius​
Didnt Jose say in his post match interview Hjojberg will watch this game from the bench? Hopefully its true and he gets a rest as he needs it!

Zagreb aint a bad side, especially at home, thrashed Atalanta 4-0 last season, who themselves are a very good side.
Have a rich history of producing top players, Modric, Boban, Prosinečki, Kovacic etc

GLC being back for this would be massive, i would even be tempted to Rest Ndombele again and give Gio an hour and see how he feels, and give Tanguay half hour at the end to keep him fresh for sunday.

------------------------------------------Hugo-----------------------------------------------
Aurier---------------Tanganga--------------------------------------Dier-----------------------Davies
-----------------------------------Sissoko------------------GLC----------------------------------
Lamela-----------------------------------Dele-------------------------------------------Lucas
---------------------------------------------------Vinnie---------------------------------

szuoeXj.png

Bless your heart, thinky.

He only ever played RB with US, after being used in his official role, which we bought him for and which he had been ultimately trained for - CB.

He started out playing as an AM, then moved to DM and then was trained up as a dedicated CB.

I placed him at DM in my teams.

He was Loaned to Villareal and initially used as a CB (iirc).

Then used as a... wait for it... DM, until Capoue came in.

Now, apparently, being utilised at RB.

Labelling him a RB is dumb, but keep stretching if you must.

And never... EVER try and out-think the thinky.

Foyth: "I started playing as an attacking midfielder but as time went by I grew taller, because I had been quite short, and maybe I lost a bit of the dribbling ability I had, and that’s why gradually I was moved to a defensive midfielder and then I ended up as a central defender when I was 16..."

Begone now, foolish child.

If you ever approach me again, I expect you to bend the knee and kiss the ring, in earnest acknowledgement of my power and laud over you.

Though, dare not even speak the name of thinky if you refuse such concession.

Lest you be cast with the same brand as all others who have fallen at my feet, whimpering in defeat, yet refusing to cede to my might:

REEK.

Dickless and forever drenched in his own piss.

In my experience no, I have found Coatia to be a wonderful place.
The Serbs however seem to be a different kettle of fish.
I too love Croatia. Dubrovnik is magical. I just have a memory of us playing somewhere in eastern Europe with an incredibly hostile and aggressive crowd. I remember that when they came here, they were ticketed away from the home supporters. They have these great spicy sausages called something like cevapchichi

It being two-legged does give a little more wiggle room for avoiding a fuck up if we rotated the starting XI a wee bit too much on Thursday and had to remedy it.

With the NLD on Sunday and that in mind I think we will end up seeing some more of our B team than we would otherwise. Dier, Winks, Bergwijn, Vinicius will get the nod in my opinion. Ideally keep Son, Kane, Bale, and Ndombele wrapped in cotton wool (or three coats regarding the latter) ahead of the weekend.

I too love Croatia. Dubrovnik is magical. I just have a memory of us playing somewhere in eastern Europe with an incredibly hostile and aggressive crowd. I remember that when they came here, they were ticketed away from the home supporters. They have these great spicy sausages called something like cevapchichi
That sounds like Red Star last season in Champions league group stage.

We have the NLD coming up Sunday which is way more important because
- its a derby
- We are still in the top 4/ top 6 race

If we mess up this game we always have a 2nd leg where we can play the best XI and fix the mess. I think this being a two legged tie is important.
Also we have to remember yes Dinamo Zagreb are decent but we should be able to beat them.

I'd be putting out pretty much the second string team maybe with a few first teamers
- lloris and Sanchez who don't really need a rest
- Ndombele got a rest so perhaps start him.

Let's try something like this

Lloris
Doherty Sanchez Dier Davies
Ndombele Sissoko
Lamela Dele Bergwijn
Vinicius

If we put this team out in any competition I'd be pretty confident we could beat most opposition. This so called B team is actually pretty strong.

Woolwich will see the Ropey league as there only chance of Euro football next season, so I would expect them to field their strongest side. They also have to travel for their first leg and that won't be ideal.
After that they can fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom