Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite. We actually put in some decent performances during the run in and you'd think our players would be refreshed now.

I'm praying that it was in no small part due to the absence of Lo Celso but that still doesn't explain the bizarrely pedestrian way we played for large stretches of the game.

tenor.gif

Would have liked but Farrage is too much of a cunt.

Its easy to understand what the tactical reasons were but it was wrong.

Richarlson was getting a lot of free space due to Doherty being so high up in the first half so Mourinho thought putting Sissoko on as a right winger would give more protection to Doherty. In reality it made things absolutely worse.

Oh no doubt that was the reason.

We cared more about keeping a cleansheet than just going for the win. However, like anytime with that risk, once we concede. We're fucked.

Kane talking about winning the league, Hugo talking about being nasty, Lamela talking about winning something. When are we actually gonna see their bluffs bring the results on the pitch?

They’re finessing us ffs.

Kane talking about winning the league, Hugo talking about being nasty, Lamela talking about winning something. When are we actually gonna see their bluffs bring the results on the pitch?

I wish the players would not say a single thing to be honest. Because it always comes back to bite them on the arse.

Honestly, it already looks like they don't want to play for this manager. It's those stupid half time talks about passion and being mean.
People keep saying the amazon doc won’t show the salient details of mourinhos management...... but .... it does show a character that I am personally underwhelmed by and I imagine the players are wholly underwhelmed by also

now consider if the documentary isn’t hiding anything ..... that’s fucking frightening

Apparently we are too nice.

We are. There was a bit in the second half where Pickford was wasting time and Kane just lifted his arms in silence. He should be angry, if you think he’s taking the piss then make some funding noise. We are losing to a lesser team and nobody looked bothered. Just like when we lost to Newcastle at home last season.

I don’t get what Mourinho sees in Dier. He is fucking toilet.

We had ideas in the first half, so I’m putting a lot of it to tiredness, but our heads dropped in the second half after they scored.

There was no creativity or cohesion, and Kane just stopped running.

We need a left back, a new striker and a fucking creative midfielder.

The window is open for a bit longer. Levy, don’t be a cunt.

And Jose; never play Winks and Hojberg at DM again.
Dier is playing as he is aggressive. That’s one of the very few things that that puff piece on Amazon made clear. This squad has no balls and Dier (heaven help us) at least likes a ruck.

They’re finessing us ffs.
All fucking talk, talk, talk. Tired of these motherfucking players saying what they need to do, have to do, etc. Then, come match day, they do fuck all and put in a turgid display like that with a glaring lack of effort.

Cant describe how bad that second half was. The sub at halftime is as bad as it gets as a manager. Completely lost amy balance we had. This shit lop sided back 4 has to go. Right back has been far too high for 12 months and leaves gaping holes. Winks has turned into a nothing player. Never plays forwards and weak as piss. Kane is finished physically. Great goalscorer but his pressing ability, ability to stretch teams has completely gone. No pace, zip or pressing. Dier winks ali have been shite for prob 2 plus years. It's a boys club everyone in their comfort zone. Jose is risk averse in everything he does. Gone by xmas if it doesn't improve. God help him when fans are allowed back

I haven't studied the exact facts or an explanation on this.

But since the restart from lockdown it seems to me that games where Dier starts as CB we concede from set pieces and games where Sanchez starts as CB we don't concede from set pieces.

Back
Top Bottom