Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ll finish above Everton. With all their new signings. How about that bet?
Bugger that. Not sure how Everton will do. I barely ever watch them play. I wish we got docoure though & probably James. Not sure about allan as again, barely seen him play.
I watch us play a lot so feel qualified to bet on us.

I am talking about us. You posted a confident post about top 4 etc. I am confident we won't get top 4 or a cup. So that's the obvious bet. I wouldn't be suprised if everton finished above us as they have had a much better window. I am not surprised you chose not to bet on us winning a cup or top 4. Its all empty positive words as per usual. Another one bites the dust. Still yet to find any so called positive fan to bet us on getting top 4 or a cup. Don't worry, you have joined a growing group of empty confidence.

Last edited:
Bugger that. Not sure how Everton will do. I barely ever watch them play. I wish we got docoure though & probably James. Not sure about allan as again, barely seen him play.

I am talking about us. You posted a confident post about top 4 etc. I am confident we won't get top 4 or a cup. So that's the obvious bet. I wouldn't be suprised if everton finished above us as they have had a much better window. I am not surprised you chose not to bet on us winning a cup or top 4. Its all empty positive words as per usual. Another one bites the dust. Still yet to find any so called positive fan to bet us on getting top 4 or a cup. Don't worry, you have joined a growing group of empty confidence.
Doubt we could finish top four in a five team league, the worry is the same trend is continuing from past seasons.
If the team doesn't pick up much of or anything going into the utd game I think that is top four over already.
I just can't believe although I do how lacking in preparation the team actually is I think it's a joke just what a mess we are.

Last edited:
I watch us play a lot so feel qualified to bet on us.

I posted a recap of last season under Mourinho, where we were 4th in the form table matchweeks 13-38 (his tenure), to counterbalance some serial moaning, not to guarantee a top 4 finish.

We are not one of the 4 "biggest clubs" in England.

SkyBet has Spurs' odds of a top 4 finish as 11/2. If you're willing to give me those odds, I'd consider it.

Doucoure is this summer's Everton signing that IMO would've been the most useful for us.

Doubt we could finish top four in a five team league, the worry is the same trend is continuing from past seasons.
If the team doesn't pick up much of or anything going into the utd game I think that is top four over already.
I just can't beat although I do how lacking in preparation the team actually is I think it's a joke just what a mess we are.
No way get top 4 unless the teams around us have terrible seasons. Or unless we sign 2 quality players before the window shuts. That's why even the biggest enic/levy & Tottenham fans won't bet on it. They know the reality whether they admit it or not.

I posted a recap of last season under Mourinho, where we were 4th in the form table matchweeks 13-38 (his tenure), to counterbalance some serial moaning, not to guarantee a top 4 finish.

We are not one of the 4 "biggest clubs" in England.

SkyBet has Spurs' odds of a top 4 finish as 11/2. If you're willing to give me those odds, I'd consider it.

Doucoure is this summer's Everton signing that IMO would've been the most useful for us.
Yeah I liked him last season & he only went for about 25m I think. Instead we get hojberg who seems a level down.
Oh so you don't think we will get top 4 then? I got the wrong end of stick as I thought you were confident we would. Yes I will give you 11/2 on top 4.

The whole point was that Ty, just like you, said "we will finish above Everton". :mourpointlaugh:
Always wanting to make it about other teams like Everton than focus on us. I don't blame them for wanting to turn the attention away from the shambles we are on the pitch though

No way get top 4 unless the teams around us have terrible seasons. Or unless we sign 2 quality players before the window shuts. That's why even the biggest enic/levy & Tottenham fans won't bet on it. They know the reality whether they admit it or not.
The reality net is closing in on the ENIC fan's, they are finding it harder and harder to make excuses for the ineptitude that has unfolded.

The reality net is closing in on the ENIC fan's, they are finding it harder and harder to make excuses for the ineptitude that has unfolded.
Yep. They backed the wrong horse & will never admit it despite all the facts & the mess & average team we have become. Clearly declined & peaked. Nice to see a few new ENIC out people admitting it though. But the die hards won't. Their ego won't allow it.

This is a bit rough !

José Mourinho's creative criticisms impress … unlike his Spurs team
Would’ve been better with ‘Mou’, no? Photograph: Alex Pantling/AP
Simon Burnton
@Simon_Burnton
FOOTBALL UNSTOPPED AGAIN
Like Bond films, the prodigal son, nits and wearing bucket hats in public, the Premier League was always going to come back sooner or later, and now here it is. There was a time, only a matter of weeks ago really, when it felt like football’s return was a wonderful distraction from the awfulness of everything, whereas now, when many of us in our real lives are attempting to paddle tentatively in the pool of vague normality, football, with its empty stands and computer-generated crowd noise, is a reminder of the awfulness of everything. Having restarted in temporary fanlessness with the absolute elite, sport has now respread so far that this week’s behind-closed-doors fixtures involve, with respect to the footballers of Macedonia, Latvia and Ukraine, such sporting irrelevances as Shkendija, Ventspils, Kolos Kovalivka and Tottenham Hotspur.
Poor old Spurs. They used to be the kind of team Amazon wanted to make documentaries about. That felt a long time ago as Everton comprehensively outplayed them at White Hart Lane. Tottenham’s most creative force now seems to be José Mourinho, whose attempts to find ways of blaming the players he can no longer afford to upgrade, for whatever failing he wants to be the focus this week, continue to impress … unlike his team. “I go home with the feeling that some of the boys could do more,” he concluded, after Everton’s expensively remodelled midfield gave his side the runaround.

Back
Top Bottom