Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So is it the manager, owners, players or all of the above?
Because you don’t seem to know
Ultimately if you’re talking about becoming a consistently elite club it’s on the ownership. In However I’m perfectly happy watching us be a vibrant young attacking outfit whilst accepting the limitations of ENIC.

This however is complete shite. It’s nothingness.

Like your boy, you do a great job of pointing away from him. In 14 minutes Ndombele got on the ball 5 times less than Sissoko managed in 45 minutes, which in real terms means he looked to get on it nearly three times more than Sissoko did. Ndombele had a wanky spell where he tried to pass forwards and gave it away three times in quick succession, but each time he went tearing back in to try and get it back. There was nothing disinterested about what Ndombele did. Bringing on your favourite donkey and then putting him in midfield absolutely fucked us. 66 minute - watch him turn his back on Toby and walk away from him.

Welcome back.

Cheers mate but once again I disagree with you
I just can’t remember Fatty ‘Tearing in’ at any time
I thought he was awful but not just me saying that

Sissoko a squad utility player at best but tbh one of a long list we should be getting rid of
But why did he get a new contract?

Really at a loss and I’m sure Jose hasn’t much of a clue either

Where were we when Jose took over? How many injuries did we have? and where did we end up? Christ, its simple analysis.

We were 3 points off 6th when he started, we were 6th when he ended. We got extremely lucky to be able to get all our guys back after the break and came out and were pathetic offensively after the break with a fully healthy squad and all our attackers available to us.

We are very average folks. Welcome aboard to those of you that have finally realized it. But don't worry we still got a shot at stuff because Chelsea's recruitment was more overrate than Everton's so that should stand us in good stead for top 4.
I thought Leeds looked much better than us. Especially against the dippers on their 1st game back at top.

FFS, 3 of the guys in the Everton line up weren't even at the club a week ago.

And you have this guy talking about lack of pre-season or preparation like we were the only club not to have one.
Exactly.
Amazing that all 3 of their signings started and all looked great. Quit with the excuses ffs.

And tbh Doherty didn't even look tired. It was when Mourinho stuck Sissoko on the right that he started playing poorly but didn't look like it was due to tiredness at all.

Grim viewing today, literally zero positives from that performance. New signings average at best. Particularly worrying was the limp response to going behind, did not look like a motivated (or particularly fit) squad. Tactically awful as well, we look completely clueless unless playing on the counter (and have for the entirety of Jose's reign)

Only upside for me, may provoke some response in the transfer market if we were deluded into thinking the squad was good enough for Top 4. Alternatively, this punishing run of games could see the unravelling of the Mourinho experiment before the end of October - hard to argue that he's getting the best from what he has available and the football is offensive at times

I'm not a knee jerk kind of character but something not right to see that on first day of the season. Obviously the squad needs surgery but looking less likely every day that José is the man for the rebuild

Optimism for the season evaporates after 90mins of football, not sure I can remember that in 26 years of Spurs...

I am not surprised by this display at all.

People were getting excited about the post lockdown form, but we were still boring as fuck to watch. We had a couple of nice counters that highlighted the skill we do have in our attacking positions, but it glossed over the real issues, the desire to sit in a shell, and utilize the counter as the only option.

Today we were outclassed by a manager that put his players in the best position possible. Sure, we could have scored a couple, but they could have put away 6 or so if Richarlison was Kane.

Ancelotti got his creative in James. He protected him, cause he isn't much of a grafter, with Doucare behind him, Allan even further back, and Gomes protecting the other side of the field.

This is exactly how we should be lining up, but instead, Jose puts 2 in the center that are not DMs and have trouble reading the game from a defensive point of view. PEH is a runner who likes to press up the pitch. He is not a Wanyama who can sit there and read the game and make last-ditch tackles. Winks, well we know what he offers defensively. So what do we do? We sit there for 75 minutes just hoping that we can hold them and find a counter.

I am sick and tired of excuses. The squad is built to be competitive. It may not be a title-winning squad, but look how Leeds approaches a game. They are free-flowinging. They take it to the opposition. We were utter shit and that comes from the manager. They are told to play the way they play and it brings the worst out of the players we have in our squad.

Has anyone brought up the fact the Son doesn’t take the free kick at the end of the half and then Everton end up scoring on a free kick from that exact same spot?

Would like to hear why Son doesn’t at least make an attempt on goal.

Yeah, in a situation where the ref was just giving us time to swing the free kick in.

Son passes it back, ref blows for half time. A real head-in-the-hands moment there.

Yep.

Jose had an absolute fucking stinker today.

But some of our players really boil my piss.

I can't get over the fact we just lost to Everton. Everton.

Everton.

:myword:

I'd get used to it, they look a better outfit than us, I'd argue they have a stronger squad than us. Difference is Kane and Son when they are on it. But there isn't much in it now

This is the result the producers wanted, get some juice out of Dele going off at half time too, sort out the London NFL franchise and the football team can just be the new Kardashians

Bill Nic would be loving this

COYS!!!

That was tough to watch. First half was pretty good. Defended well and had some really decent chances, I was confident going into the second half. Second half though was absolute pants. Really really poor. It’s going to be a long season but hey, it’s not about how you start, it’s about how you finish
If you don´t get the points from the start, it doesn´t matter how you finish. :mourcry:

Back
Top Bottom