Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I liked him last season & he only went for about 25m I think. Instead we get hojberg who seems a level down.
Oh so you don't think we will get top 4 then? I got the wrong end of stick as I thought you were confident we would. Yes I will give you 11/2 on top 4.
18.18% odds for us to finish top 4 seems reasonable to me. (SkyBet have Wolves @ 15/2.)

Perhaps betting against your own club as a hedge makes some sort of sense if you have unrealistic expectations. But I wouldn't take any pleasure in something like that. Negativity breeds negativity.

What terms did you have in mind? Donation to charity/org of winner's choosing?

Rewatched most of that first half this morning. On another day we go into halftime up 2 or even 3-0. We definitely didn’t play great but there were chances and moments of good football in that first half. Second half was absolute shit. Fitness seemed to be an issue for most of the team by then.

Doherty looked good going forward early on and should have scored. Was a little surprised Dele was taken off at half. Hoberg didn’t look that great unfortunately but I’ll give him some time. I don’t know why Sissoko Is even on the pitch anymore really think he’s passed it.

Long season ahead and although we were all disappointed with the result no way can you just write off the season after one game. Liverpool barely hung on to get by Leeds. We all know how this works if we are still shit by the end of the transfer window without bringing someone in we may be fucked and I’ll worry then. Let’s enjoy what little bit of seasonal hope we have!

18.18% odds for us to finish top 4 seems reasonable to me. (SkyBet have Wolves @ 15/2.)

Perhaps betting against your own club as a hedge makes some sort of sense if you have unrealistic expectations. But I wouldn't take any pleasure in something like that. Negativity breeds negativity.

What terms did you have in mind? Donation to charity/org of winner's choosing?
Exactly. We can't afford to spend. No guarantee they would be a success. As you say, negativity breeds negativity.
Can't we bet for personal gain :levyeyes:

Until ENIC sell up this is us. Always playing catch up. Never quite getting the signings we need to progress. Levy got lucky with Kane & Poch. We have been punching way above our weight the last few seasons. That was Poch, not Levy.

Exactly. We can't afford to spend. No guarantee they would be a success. As you say, negativity breeds negativity.
Can't we bet for personal gain :levyeyes:
Lose/lose. I have no interest in scott from the internet's personal gain.

You're the one who's hot to trot to bet and prove a point.

How about you put your money where your mouth is, bet against Spurs to finish top 4, and post a picture of that SkyBet ticket.
.:mourear:

Rewatched most of that first half this morning. On another day we go into halftime up 2 or even 3-0. We definitely didn’t play great but there were chances and moments of good football in that first half. Second half was absolute shit. Fitness seemed to be an issue for most of the team by then.

Doherty looked good going forward early on and should have scored. Was a little surprised Dele was taken off at half. Hoberg didn’t look that great unfortunately but I’ll give him some time. I don’t know why Sissoko Is even on the pitch anymore really think he’s passed it.

Long season ahead and although we were all disappointed with the result no way can you just write off the season after one game. Liverpool barely hung on to get by Leeds. We all know how this works if we are still shit by the end of the transfer window without bringing someone in we may be fucked and I’ll worry then. Let’s enjoy what little bit of seasonal hope we have!

If we are playing the what if/on another day game, 99 out of 100 days we are down 1-0 because Richarlison doesn't bungle that gift goal 15 minutes into the game.

We go in 2-3 up? No chance. What game were you watching. By a goal maybe. We've never been that clinical. Always needed 20 chances for 1 goal. Dele should not even start games. He is that bad. No one is writing off the season but the first game said a lot about the attitude of the players and the kind of football Jose would play. 25% possession is just scandalous but that's how he plays. It's awful to watch and we don't really seem to have a plan. It's just passing around with no real sense of how to play. Kane doesn't look the same anymore, think he has just given up trying to shout at players to pull their socks up. His last season with us 100% and I don't blame him.

Lose/lose. I have no interest in scott from the internet's personal gain.

You're the one who's hot to trot to bet and prove a point.

How about you put your money where your mouth is, bet against Spurs to finish top 4, and post a picture of that SkyBet ticket.
.:mourear:
I think my points been proven with you non bet like all the others. Another one bites the dust. I already put my money where my mouth is & will bet with anyone on us not winning a cup or not getting top 4. But you have backpeddled on your confidence in us achieving this. Why would I bet & post a picture of the bet? To prove I don't think we will win a cup or get top 4? I am happy if you don't believe me when I say I don't think we will get top 4 or won't get a cup. I know its what I think. But happy if you believe I am lying & we will get a cup or top 4.

Davies saying the team ‘gave their all’ ‘everyone worked hard’ & ‘it’s hard to put down as a lack of effort’
This is shocking either way. He’s either in denial or if that’s the team giving 100% we are in deep trouble

I think my points been proven with you non bet like all the others. Another one bites the dust. I already put my money where my mouth is & will bet with anyone on us not winning a cup or not getting top 4. But you have backpeddled on your confidence in us achieving this. Why would I bet & post a picture of the bet? To prove I don't think we will win a cup or get top 4? I am happy if you don't believe me when I say I don't think we will get top 4 or won't get a cup. I know its what I think. But happy if you believe I am lying & we will get a cup or top 4.
Lol.
Scott from the Internet: 1
Another one bites the dust: 0

How about £100 @ 11/2 then?
  • If Spurs don't finish top 4 or win a trophy I'll send you £100 to shove up your nose, up your ass, or whatever it is you'd do with it.
  • If Spurs finish top 4 or win a trophy, you send £550 to one of Spurs' charity partners (Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Noah's Ark Children's Hospice, etc.)
Does that make you happy?

How about £100 @ 11/2 then?
  • If Spurs don't finish top 4 or win a trophy I'll send you £100 to shove up your nose, up your ass, or whatever it is you'd do with it.
  • If Spurs finish top 4 or win a trophy, you send £550 to one of Spurs' charity partners (Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Noah's Ark Children's Hospice, etc.)
Does that make you happy?
Up to you my fiend. Happy to do the bet but equally happy if you don't want to. I am easy.
I think thats fair odds btw as I'd say 5th or 6th is par this season. You'd expect top 2 probably city & Liverpool? So only 2 spots left for us, Chelsea, united, Woolwich & maybe Everton, leicester & wolves to battle for. I think United have a chance of breaking in to the top 2 but don't think they will.
Knowing my luck we sign a top LB, CM & back up striker if we do the bet.
But seriously, I am not that bothered if we bet or not. So don't want you to think I hounded you in to doing it. & you're just doing it to shut me up .

Up to you my fiend. Happy to do the bet but equally happy if you don't want to. I am easy.
I think thats fair odds btw as I'd say 5th or 6th is par this season. You'd expect top 2 probably city & Liverpool? So only 2 spots left for us, Chelsea, united, Woolwich & maybe Everton, leicester & wolves to battle for. I think United have a chance of breaking in to the top 2 but don't think they will.
Knowing my luck we sign a top LB, CM & back up striker if we do the bet.
But seriously, I am not that bothered if we bet or not. So don't want you to think I hounded you in to doing it. & you're just doing it to shut me up .
Lol.

So, is it a Dare To Do?

Or is it a Dare To "Up To You, I'm Easy, Either Way Really, Seriously Not That Bothered If We Bet"?

You've painted yourself into a corner where "your luck" and your club's luck isn't aligned.

Back
Top Bottom