Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see that but we are basing our chances of winning on a handful of chances. Odds are against you if you do this.

Long gone are the days where we had 10 shots on target. The goal scoring efficiency now has to be >80% given the number of times we take shots.

I don’t know if I agree.
We had more shots on target than Everton for example (5 v. 4) and I remember the days under AVB when we were racking up shots on target but couldn’t hit the back of the net.
That the chance is clear cut and the quality of whose on the end of that chance are much more important factors IMO than shots per game. I also think shots per game can be used indicatively to judge who controlled the game but this is by no means a definitive measurement, particular as Mourinho’s style invites teams to attack us - some people rely far too much on it.
We lost the game because we didn’t convert what we created and because our midfield was bossed, the fact we won 38 duels to Evertons 65 and won only 9 tackles to their 15 says much more, than shot statistics.

How about £100 @ 11/2 then?
  • If Spurs don't finish top 4 or win a trophy I'll send you £100 to shove up your nose, up your ass, or whatever it is you'd do with it.
  • If Spurs finish top 4 or win a trophy, you send £550 to one of Spurs' charity partners (Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Noah's Ark Children's Hospice, etc.)
Does that make you happy?
Can’t you agree to put the £550 towards a striker ?

Lol.

So, is it a Dare To Do?

Or is it a Dare To "Up To You, I'm Easy, Either Way Really, Seriously Not That Bothered If We Bet"?

You've painted yourself into a corner where "your luck" and your club's luck isn't aligned.
What corner? Don't be dramatic. I am happy to do the bet. I said as much. Am I desperate to do the bet to be happy... no. I was just saying I don't mind if we don't in response to you saying will that make me happy. As though you are doing it for me. So its up to you?

£550 towards a striker? How about £3.50 and Juan Foyth?:levyeyes:

Amirite scott scott ?

I ain't giving 550 to the club. Not giving any more money to levy & enic. Not giving 0.00000000000000000000000001% of levys next bonus. The charity or you is fine. Its good for you to be seen as charitable on the internet. So I will help you with your online image. Not to mention I am helping your claims as the bestest fan with your backing of spurs like a true supporter does. Proper fan you is.
With all the holes in our squad, I am starting to think a cup is probably more likely than top 4. We would need a good draw most of the way & a lotta luck. So I think its an easy £100 for me which is why I gave you better odds than the bookies.

Good idea. But if we ended up not getting one, you just know levy wouldn't return my calls about a refund.
He’d allow you to roll it over into next year and give you a (pretend) discount for Cadbury’s World + a 10% discount on a socially distanced sky walk.

I ain't giving 550 to the club. Not giving any more money to levy & enic. Not giving 0.00000000000000000000000001% of levys next bonus. The charity or you is fine. Its good for you to be seen as charitable on the internet. So I will help you with your online image. Not to mention I am helping your claims as the bestest fan with your backing of spurs like a true supporter does. Proper fan you is.
With all the holes in our squad, I am starting to think a cup is probably more likely than top 4. We would need a good draw most of the way & a lotta luck. So I think its an easy £100 for me which is why I gave you better odds than the bookies.
My claims at being "the bestest fan" and "proper Spurs." Fucking hell.

Alright prick, we're on. Tell your mum (I mean your accountant).

£100 @ 11/2
  • If Spurs don't finish top 4 or win a trophy I'll send you £100 to shove up your nose, up your ass, or whatever it is you'd do with it.
  • If Spurs finish top 4 or win a trophy, you send £550 to one of Spurs' charity partners (Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Noah's Ark Children's Hospice, etc.)

I gave you several outs, but you just couldn't help yourself.

Another one bites the dust: 1
Scott from the internet: 1

Jeeeez.... The gushing about Everton is through the roof.... You'd think they just beat prime Barca...... We were shit and still had the better chances in the first half!

Fans and media are so 'transfer fickle'.

Last edited:
Davies saying the team ‘gave their all’ ‘everyone worked hard’ & ‘it’s hard to put down as a lack of effort’
This is shocking either way. He’s either in denial or if that’s the team giving 100% we are in deep trouble
He’s a Championship level clogger who should be nowhere near this club in terms of actual quality. Hopefully Regullion puts an end to this nightmare

My claims at being "the bestest fan" and "proper Spurs." Fucking hell.

Alright prick, we're on. Tell your mum (I mean your accountant).

£100 @ 11/2

I gave you several outs, but you just couldn't help yourself.

Another one bites the dust: 1
Scott from the internet: 1
Ahem. Did you want to do a bank transfer or paypal?
Every year Another enic/levy lovers faith makes me a tad richer.
You didn’t think I’d forgotten did you?:levylol:

Ahem. Did you want to do a bank transfer or paypal?
Every year Another enic/levy lovers faith makes me a tad richer.
You didn’t think I’d forgotten did you?:levylol:
"A tad." LOL

Well, well, well...

Would you look at who comes crawling out of the shadows...

Tottenham Hotspur's #1 Supporter, Scott from the fucking Internet.

We appreciate that you value your privacy, so why don't you go ahead and ask your mommy what her Bitcoin wallet address / public key is. We will send you £100 worth of Bitcoin, with which you may buy a newer, less fuzzier avatar.

While we wait, we've made a donation to the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation "on behalf of Scott from the Internet, TFC"

A9P70dv.png

jLRwRVN.png

usPBFRu.png

...unless you're feeling lucky and Dare to Double or Nothing?

sw34v8A.png

:levyeyes:

“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.”
― Noam Chomsky

"A tad." LOL

Well, well, well...

Would you look at who comes crawling out of the shadows...

Tottenham Hotspur's #1 Supporter, Scott from the fucking Internet.

We appreciate that you value your privacy, so why don't you go ahead and ask your mommy what her Bitcoin wallet address / public key is. We will send you £100 worth of Bitcoin, with which you may buy a newer, less fuzzier avatar.

While we wait, we've made a donation to the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation "on behalf of Scott from the Internet, TFC"

A9P70dv.png

jLRwRVN.png

usPBFRu.png

...unless you're feeling lucky and Dare to Double or Nothing?

sw34v8A.png

“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.”
― Noam Chomsky
I don’t take it that seriously! As I do when I win money every year from the levy lovers, I am happy for you to keep the money.
Seewe ain’t all greedy like your god :levywhoa:
let it be a lesson to you about blind faith in the Daniel levy’s of this world.
You thought he would get us a cup or top 4 but Instead we are staring up at West Ham.
Mugged you right off!
so you enic/levy supporter can keep the 100 quid. Maybe start a go fund me for another 5m for your boy levy. He loves you spending on him & supporting him. & you get pleasure from helping his bank balance.

You have doubled down on your support for levy/enic as expected so the lesson seems to have not hit home yet.
So hard for you to admit to being wrong on the internet to strangers. Despite the facts.

I would do double or nothing but I would waive my winnings again so It then becomes a bit silly.

As for your optimism quote. You see me as negative but I see you & the levy/enic fans as very negative. I am happy to roll the dice with new owners & go for it.
You lot start going all doom & gloom about how we could be worse than we are if we get new owners. No way will we only finish below West Ham by that much with new owners! Aarrrghhh!
If we spend big we could do a Leeds. The grass isn’t always greener. No way will new owners make us better! We don’t belong at the top winning titles, this is where we are. You want titles, fuck off & support city!
There are no good owners out there for us. They might be morally worse!
We is better fans than you as we are happy if we got relegated blah blah blah.

For many years you backed the wrong horse & it’s all unravelling but you still don’t have the decency or the open mindedness to admit it. Just attack me & use me as your punchbag instead of taken it out on your true love……enic/levy for letting you down again.
It’s my fault we are mediocre, definitely not levy & enic. Never there fault is it!
It’s ok, I am cool with being your punchbag. Enic/levy let you down again. Top 4 or a trophy :levylol: .
Redirect your hate & anger towards me & away from the real reason…

Ps. Good on ya for donating to the foundation. That’s more than enough to cover the bet you brutally lost to me.

Back
Top Bottom