Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ssssh don't say that, Gibbsy will be out to tell you they cannot play together. :eriksenlol::lamelaaghh:

Albeit it was against Gillingham on League 1.

Still a fantastic result and great account of ourselves with a good mixture of yoof and first team. Janssen is off the mark, don't care if it was a pen, a goal is a goal. Onomah also got his first goal. Winks shown that he looks like an able squad player for the midfield.

Let's go up to the dippers and do it again.
Liverpool will put their first team out, it would be quite a statement to go up there with that team from last night and win.
After the international break we have 5 games in 14 days ... West Brom, Leverkusen, Bournemouth, Liverpool and Leicester, so he has to rotate some players.
I think Poch will want to strengthen the spine v Liverpool though. Toby and Dembele as starters at a minimum.

Why not play the youngsters against Liverpool? This could be the competition where they are allowed to show us how good they are and gain valuable experience.
We have seen they are too much for a league one side ( yet Spam's WC winner, ex juve players and new signings struggled against a mid table league 2 side). Let's see how they hold up against PL opposition.
They don't have any European football, we do.

Not bad considering they had a 3rd choice League 1 keeper in goals
I think the fella who came on was their number 1 keeper. Not rating the bloke as clearly he had his level. But number 3 keeper I doubt. He got a good reaction from their fans too, suggests he was the number 1.

Winks and Carroll great last night. Lovely to see us playing football through the middle more than the wings

Tottenham v Gillingham? You fucking smurf. You don't even think before you post. What bollocks - still par for you.
small-violin.gif

My favorite part of the match was how the support was getting behind Janssen as his efforts kept coming up short. Everyone knows how important it is to back him now that Harry is out for, last I read, at least 2 months. No boo boy nonsense. Just give him your best, and hopefully that will get things firing. With each shot wide the crowd just kept getting louder. Gave me the tingles.

A goal from open play would have been nice, but the PK will do for now, and you could tell he was fired up to finally get one down on the stats sheet, and the lads were all so happy for him too.

COYS
I agree. He's a quality player who we need to support.

Fucking Liverpool away. And i see that the cunts from South London are handed yet another easy(ish) home draw.

Thought Jansen was amazing last night. There was one point when he was on the receiving end of a rather healthy league one shoulder barge near the corner flag and he just shrugged it off like it was nothing. So so strong. There aren't many established strikers in the prem that show strength like that, let alone those only 200mins into their debut season.

Perhaps he won't be a 15+ goal player this season, but with hold up play like that and the sort of goal hungry midfield we have at our disposal it may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Pleased with Winks and Carroll in the middle although it's doubtful they will have an easier game in a Spurs shirt, zero pressure from Gillingham. I wouldn't have thought we will see that pairing ever again.

Fucking Liverpool away. And i see that the cunts from South London are handed yet another easy(ish) home draw.

Thought Jansen was amazing last night. There was one point when he was on the receiving end of a rather healthy league one shoulder barge near the corner flag and he just shrugged it off like it was nothing. So so strong. There aren't many established strikers in the prem that show strength like that, let alone those only 200mins into their debut season.

Perhaps he won't be a 15+ goal player this season, but with hold up play like that and the sort of goal hungry midfield we have at our disposal it may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Pleased with Winks and Carroll in the middle although it's doubtful they will have an easier game in a Spurs shirt, zero pressure from Gillingham. I wouldn't have thought we will see that pairing ever again.
Yep, think he'll help Alli immensely.

You wait until the champions league knockout stage, Real Madrid away those two will boss it.

Back
Top Bottom