Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im still angry about how shite Trippier was. Aurier needs to be back soon
What annoyed me more than his diabolical header was his half-hearted effort to rectify it - just stuck out a limp leg rather than edge Sterling to the byline. Then he had the audacity to moan at the others! A horror show.

Players I’m excited to see more of in the coming weeks:

Alli
Winks
Eriksen
Aurier

I feel like we’re starting to tick a bit with key players returning. Full back is still a problem and they way we set up means we need pace in those positions. Aurier started the season fairly well and trippier could do with the rest.

Agree with you there. But not sure Aurier would have not have been caught too.

I am still angry that somehow having one shot on target in a “home” game is being seen as not too bad and some form of progress. It’s anything but fucking progress. To dare is to what now ?
Aurier would have dealt with the header and if he fucks it up, hes at least fast enough to win get to the ball first or put Sterling under real pressure. Worst of all Trippier then looks at Lloris in disgust as if its his fault. Really dont like Trippier.

Lets just make trippier a right midfielder. He obviously can't be arsed & isn't good enough at defending for a top 4 club.
He is much better attacking.
Well done sissoko & also Lamela for keeping up his good form.
City are the best team in the league so 1-0 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Winks had a good cameo & lets not forget he had that big injury so might excuse some below par efforts previously.
I like davies but he has been poor by his standards this season. Hopefully he will get his act together soon.

Agree with you there. But not sure Aurier would have not have been caught too.

I am still angry that somehow having one shot on target in a “home” game is being seen as not too bad and some form of progress. It’s anything but fucking progress. To dare is to what now ?
I think thats because most fans have lowered expectations due to no signings & the stadium issue. So losing by 1 to the best team in the league makes you feel that you did quite well.

Still pissed off with the state of this team and the shambolic summer that will probably prove to be it's undoing. We've been wasting precious time in the last few years by fucking about in the transfer windows. We've a once in a lifetime striker dumped in our lap who will soon be entering his peak. We should have invested in our squad and pushed on.

Now Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Dembele are on their way out, 4 key players. We can't replace them in a single summer so that means more seasons of transition and before we know it, Kane will either be looking elsewhere or we have wasted his best years. Absolute fucking shambles from you, Levy, you bald fucking cunt. Poch's recent comments aren't too optimistic either, now with Lopetegui being sacked.

Still pissed off with the state of this team and the shambolic summer that will probably prove to be it's undoing. We've been wasting precious time in the last few years by fucking about in the transfer windows. We've a once in a lifetime striker dumped in our lap who will soon be entering his peak. We should have invested in our squad and pushed on.

Now Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Dembele are on their way out, 4 key players. We can't replace them in a single summer so that means more seasons of transition and before we know it, Kane will either be looking elsewhere or we have wasted his best years. Absolute fucking shambles from you, Levy, you bald fucking cunt. Poch's recent comments aren't too optimistic either, now with Lopetegui being sacked.

Just fuck off with your pathetic, miserable groaning.
Do you get some kind of kick out of it?

Things are not nearly as bad as you make them look.

Reflections - Some diabolical finishing meant we didnt capitalise against an under par City performance, but ultimately no right minded individual in the universe was expecting a result from that game so roll on the spammers. If we play like that against them we will fucking smash them.

Positives
  • Sissoko marauding forward (and then fluffing his lines every time).
  • Cameo from Winks - Wow that boy is a class act. Held his own again, against arguably one of the best midfields in Europe.
We clearly wanted it and the players put in a shift, who knows what would have happened if we had started Winks, Alli and Eriksen? I am excited to see them all coming back and it fills me full of confidence with games against the racists and the hipster cunts coming up

Angry+feels+some+speeding+asshole+ran+over+my+cat+today_58163f_5507890.jpg

Don't know how a few are criticising dembelle on here - he is the one of our players last night that would play for City's X11. Without him it would have been a lot worse people say he doesn't move the ball forward enough but he does so a lot more than Dier.

Aurier would have dealt with the header and if he fucks it up, hes at least fast enough to win get to the ball first or put Sterling under real pressure. Worst of all Trippier then looks at Lloris in disgust as if its his fault. Really dont like Trippier.
The goal is on Lloris rather than Trippier. The goalkeeper with a normal self-confidence would kick the ball over the Wembley. Sterling got the ball in our penalty area and Lloris has already run out. How Sterling passed Trippier is unacceptable.

Don't know how a few are criticising dembelle on here - he is the one of our players last night that would play for City's X11. Without him it would have been a lot worse people say he doesn't move the ball forward enough but he does so a lot more than Dier.

Gloucester Citys XI perhaps.

Fair play to you Chucks, but the match going experience is dead for me. I don’t know how you guys put up with it.
Last night was awful. Truly awful. I'm going to sound like a far right lunatic but the stadium was full of tourists from all over the place. The concourse was like being stuck at Heathrow. Popcorn, sweets, every accent under the sun - except English. People openly talking about how they liked Chelsea and United. I was sat next to a row of Chinese eating their way through various oriental delicacies, playing on their phones, and on the other side Yanks trying really hard to behave how they thought European football fans should. I ended up moving to the 'home' corner where at least there were some people interested in Tottenham and the game. I desperately hope that WHL is going to be full of genuine Tottenham fans. #AMF

Back
Top Bottom