Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suppose bearing in mind EVERY other team got 0 points this weekend, you have to say it's been quite a good day for us!!!

OK... I can't do this any more... it's too weird, I'm out.

See ya at the next game/next season!

No post match interviews.... am I missing something, or are they not doing any due to a media blackout 'cos of the Corona Beer/Fizzy Drink epidemic?

Spurs v. Manchester United, quite a few on youtube including the 2 at WHL in 1965, 1-0 in Feb with Ron Henry scoring his only Spurs goal, 5-1 in Oct with the classic Jimmy Greaves goal. Both are complete Match of the Days, around 40 mins of each game.
The 5-1 was my first game at WHL. ❤

I ended up cooking Sunday lunch (regular posters know that this is a rarer phenomenon than a solar eclipse).
Can't wait until we are playing again, to save my poor eating companions a repeat performance, if nothing else.

I ended up cooking Sunday lunch (regular posters know that this is a rarer phenomenon than a solar eclipse).
Can't wait until we are playing again, to save my poor eating companions a repeat performance, if nothing else.
You're a rare lady, Mrs P. - A woman who admits she can't cook.

Just popped on a LFC forum. They're all saying "play behind closed doors".
The reasoning is that they're all fit and young so if a few players get it, it's no problem.

FFS
its the same attitude the media seem to have, do whatever it takes to make sure Liverpool have the title.

There is a school of thought that athletes are more prone to flu etc as they have their bodies primed and then push themselves to the every edge so their immune system is affected more than your average man in the street.

So actually it could be a massive problem.

Not overlooking the fact plenty of fit and healthy professional footballers have suffered cardiac arrests in the past decade.

Would they swap say Henderson and TAA’s lives for the League??
Nice philosophical question for them. Guess they would just quote Shankly.
funny thing about that quote.

I spent the 2002 World Cup going in and out of the Royal Marsden for chemo.
Shankly was wrong. Totally and Utterly.
when it came down to it, it just about reached the status of "Distraction"

funny thing about that quote.

I spent the 2002 World Cup going in and out of the Royal Marsden for chemo.
Shankly was wrong. Totally and Utterly.
when it came down to it, it just about reached the status of "Distraction"
So true, there are other things that are so much more important. Glad you're OK now.

UEFA has "proposed to leagues and clubs"...

WDF have the leagues etc. got to do with anything? It's your jurisdiction; consult with whoever on a government & health level and make your make the decision, FFS.... Yet again, decisions are left hanging or are fobbed off onto someone else because "it's gonna cost us a fortune"....

UEFA has "proposed to leagues and clubs"...

WDF have the leagues etc. got to do with anything? It's your jurisdiction; consult with whoever on a government & health level and make your make the decision, FFS.... Yet again, decisions are left hanging or are fobbed off onto someone else because "it's gonna cost us a fortune"....

I wonder if they've realised that the whole thing will have to be rebranded EURO2021 yet? That will be a shitload of promotional material, tat souvenirs, flags, tickets, medals, kit, etc. heading to the tip recycling facility.

e.g. New Arrivals!: The Official UEFA EURO 2020 Online Store

Back
Top Bottom