Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think it will mostly look like today's starting XI, maybe a couple tweaks assuming there were no knocks picked up today:

Lloris
Tanganga-Romero/Sanchez-Dier-Reguilon
Lo Celso-Hojbjerg-Dele
Lucas-Son-Bergwijn

No clue what City will look like, but they've had a number of starting players ruled out, so this may be the best time to try and steal a point against them.

I'll do an early predicted XI which I'm sure will change by later this week

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Dier Reguilon
Skipp Hojbjerg Dele
Lucas Son Bergwijn

Yep same team as today. I think Lo Celso has a good chance of making that team for Skipp or Dele but idk if Nuno will either be attacking (Play him for Skipp) or a bit cautious (play him for Dele)
If Tanganga is injured I'd expect well idk I'd say Aurier is more suited because he's a better defender but idk

And as for the bench which will be 7 men
Gollini , Rodon , Aurier , Davies , Lo Celso , Ndombele , Scarlett ?

Probably Winks for Ndombele but I'm being optimistic.

Kane should be on the bench surely? Or will he be on a weekend break to one of this country's fine seaside resorts?

Almost zero chance of him being involved. Not just because he hasn’t trained but he won’t be in the right state of mind, he doesn’t want to play for Tottenham again. If he gets injured it could cost us £150m. If he somehow stays, he won’t play until after deadline day.

Same XI as today except for Romero to sneak in for Sanchez or Dier.

Possibly GLC for Dele to try and have a bit more control in the middle but wouldn't be surprised if Dele gets the nod.

Almost zero chance of him being involved. Not just because he hasn’t trained but he won’t be in the right state of mind, he doesn’t want to play for Tottenham again. If he gets injured it could cost us £150m. If he somehow stays, he won’t play until after deadline day.
Yeah, I think your right.

I think it was fixed that this was our first fixture, and Sky were drooling over the prospect that Kane would be playing for the opposition. As Kevin Keegan once said " I would just love it" if we smashed this plastic team out of the park.
And Kane should not be allowed anywhere near the team, until after the window closes, if he hasn't be sold by then.

I think it was fixed that this was our first fixture, and Sky were drooling over the prospect that Kane would be playing for the opposition. As Kevin Keegan once said " I would just love it" if we smashed this plastic team out of the park.
And Kane should not be allowed anywhere near the team, until after the window closes, if he hasn't be sold by then.

Speaking the truth, as always.

Still think we should play him. Have targets related to our asking price:

He scores and it knocks £5mill off our asking price.
Any assist and £2.5mill comes off.
Misses a sitter: £20mill added.
Talks to Pep: £50mill added.
Etc. Etc.

Think it will mostly look like today's starting XI, maybe a couple tweaks assuming there were no knocks picked up today:

Lloris
Tanganga-Romero/Sanchez-Dier-Reguilon
Lo Celso-Hojbjerg-Dele
Lucas-Son-Bergwijn

No clue what City will look like, but they've had a number of starting players ruled out, so this may be the best time to try and steal a point against them.
I agree. Might be a decent time to catch them flat-footed.

It's not like we've had the worst performances against City without Kane, either...

looking at the suggested team, boy we need a creative midfielder who can see a pass (aka Eriksen)
Yes.
Skippy's the nearest thing we've got. The waves have parted for him and he has the potential. This season is his 'moment to shine'.
Fingers crossed for the lad.

Back
Top Bottom