Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

237469046_10223160584781714_434564679149153252_n.jpg
He really is the worst.

sport-preview-spurs-invader.jpg

I prefer this kind of pitch invaders ...

15594175598719.jpg
Watched that bloke run onto the pitch, then try to run back off and cover his face.

Thought to myself does he really think he's going to be able to sneak back into the stands?? Twat.

sport-preview-spurs-invader.jpg
The state of him, maybe he was going for the "Most Embarrassing Pitch Invader of All Time" award.

That said, he's got his work cut out given the competition from our chums down Canning Town way...

Carling-Cup---West-Ham-Un-001.jpg

Invader_1469249c.jpg

1westhaminvader0111.jpg

1408377572703_wps_11_LONDON_ENGLAND_AUGUST_16_.jpg

rB8Re1qkhIiAEBUGAADxdR7hebw449.jpg.webp

When did you start supporting Spurs, last season? When Dier arrived he was played at right back and then spent 3 seasons playing as a holding midfielder. Apart from playing in goal and striker I'd say that he's pretty adaptable.
The only proof in your post was that you provided none of any substance
I guess You feel he had a sterling term at CB last year. He has played many roles in the Spurs team. I didnt say he hasn't. I said he doesn't know how to play differently as a CB. As a CB you need to assess the opponents and adjust your game to suite. In my personal opinion (It may not be as brilliant as yours), he doesn't know how to adjust. He will play the same against Ronaldo as he would against Messi (just an example before you get a stroke). He is a good footballer but lacks vision ( again my opinion). It's the difference between Great Players, eg Van Dyk, John Terry, Lesley King..... and good players like Dier, Sanchez, Lindelof, Stones (version 1). So, yes, I rate him as a Good player but he is far from exceptional.

I hope I clarified me stance. Im really trying hard to "substance-up" my post to meet your standards of approval. Please be gentle if my unworthy "Opinion" doesn't.

I guess You feel he had a sterling term at CB last year. He has played many roles in the Spurs team. I didnt say he hasn't. I said he doesn't know how to play differently as a CB. As a CB you need to assess the opponents and adjust your game to suite. In my personal opinion (It may not be as brilliant as yours), he doesn't know how to adjust. He will play the same against Ronaldo as he would against Messi (just an example before you get a stroke). He is a good footballer but lacks vision ( again my opinion). It's the difference between Great Players, eg Van Dyk, John Terry, Lesley King..... and good players like Dier, Sanchez, Lindelof, Stones (version 1). So, yes, I rate him as a Good player but he is far from exceptional.

I hope I clarified me stance. Im really trying hard to "substance-up" my post to meet your standards of approval. Please be gentle if my unworthy "Opinion" doesn't.
I don't have "brilliant" opinions, like you there are some things that I see in players and believe they do well, and others that I see as being shortfalls in their game.

Diers biggest issue is his lack of pace, but Naybet was even slower but read the game well.

Not sure you want "vision" out of a CB, he's not a playmaker, just positional sense and and a good tackling and heading ability, which he is reasonably good at.

The thing I commented on in your post was the use of adaptable - which seemed wrong for the reasons I mentioned, with greater explanation, as you have done, I see your point, and wouldn't have said anything had you laid it out in the same way.

I can only comment on what I see, its the poster responsibility to make their points clear, just as much as it's the readers to try understand what is written.

we got there in the end......

so to speak.

I don't have "brilliant" opinions, like you there are some things that I see in players and believe they do well, and others that I see as being shortfalls in their game.

Diers biggest issue is his lack of pace, but Naybet was even slower but read the game well.

Not sure you want "vision" out of a CB, he's not a playmaker, just positional sense and and a good tackling and heading ability, which he is reasonably good at.

The thing I commented on in your post was the use of adaptable - which seemed wrong for the reasons I mentioned, with greater explanation, as you have done, I see your point, and wouldn't have said anything had you laid it out in the same way.

I can only comment on what I see, its the poster responsibility to make their points clear, just as much as it's the readers to try understand what is written.

we got there in the end......

so to speak.
You 100% correct that he has a lack of pace. And he is unable to adapt against teams that have fast strikers.

If need a comparison, Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci are both over their prime and lack pace. They however are able to adapt their game to outplay the likes of Sterling, Kane, Fodon....etc. So if you truly believe that Dier is able to read a game from a CB position, maybe you have to rethink a little. I said he is Good. He is not Great. Good doesn't win EPL titles. Great does. I don't think he'd get a minutes game time in the defence of City, Chelsea or even United or Leicester.

But its your opinion. You may be wrong in most supporters eyes but it's yours non the less. Maybe you also have adjust your TV set. Seems your picture isn't quite clear.

You 100% correct that he has a lack of pace. And he is unable to adapt against teams that have fast strikers.

If need a comparison, Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci are both over their prime and lack pace. They however are able to adapt their game to outplay the likes of Sterling, Kane, Fodon....etc. So if you truly believe that Dier is able to read a game from a CB position, maybe you have to rethink a little. I said he is Good. He is not Great. Good doesn't win EPL titles. Great does. I don't think he'd get a minutes game time in the defence of City, Chelsea or even United or Leicester.

But its your opinion. You may be wrong in most supporters eyes but it's yours non the less. Maybe you also have adjust your TV set. Seems your picture isn't quite clear.
Maybe if Dier had a Bonucci or Chiellini alongside him he wouldn't be exposed so often, maybe if he had played for a manager who didn't insist on recreating the defence of the Alamo every game, he would have to face less challenges on a match by match basis.
Maybe your opinions are based on not really understanding as much as you think you do.
Maybe you know everything and really should be a pundit on MOTD or manage a prem team.

Maybe if Dier had a Bonucci or Chiellini alongside him he wouldn't be exposed so often, maybe if he had played for a manager who didn't insist on recreating the defence of the Alamo every game, he would have to face less challenges on a match by match basis.
Maybe your opinions are based on not really understanding as much as you think you do.
Maybe you know everything and really should be a pundit on MOTD or manage a prem team.
I Get it. You're a Dier fan. Have you maybe ever thought.........Maybe he is the one doing the exposing.

If you truly believe Dier is a Top Class defender, you must be on some really strong meds. Probably a Winks fan too. Please tell me what you using, I'd Love to score me some. Seems to make everything look Rosey.

I Get it. You're a Dier fan. Have you maybe ever thought.........Maybe he is the one doing the exposing.

If you truly believe Dier is a Top Class defender, you must be on some really strong meds. Probably a Winks fan too. Please tell me what you using, I'd Love to score me some. Seems to make everything look Rosey.
There was me trying to have a conversation, and all along it it just turns out that you're just a self important know all. No I don't think he's a top class defender, but like Winks, he is nowhere as bad as cocks like you make him out to be.
The gulf in ability between what you believe you know about football and the level that these guys play at is beyond your comprehension.
You're just another squawking monkey trying to impress all of the muppets fighting to say the most shite "put down" - about players whose abilities are beyond any level you can grasp, because they are not the best of all players on the planet.

Newsflash Einstein, Spurs don't pay enough in transfers or salaries to to buy those players, so Dier is the best of what we have to pick.

Suck it up princess, this is where we are, and at the moment he's all we have, so you and the rest of the turkeys will have to put up with it and support the teams we put out.

Instead of trying to be football pundit of the year.

There was me trying to have a conversation, and all along it it just turns out that you're just a self important know all. No I don't think he's a top class defender, but like Winks, he is nowhere as bad as cocks like you make him out to be.
The gulf in ability between what you believe you know about football and the level that these guys play at is beyond your comprehension.
You're just another squawking monkey trying to impress all of the muppets fighting to say the most shite "put down" - about players whose abilities are beyond any level you can grasp, because they are not the best of all players on the planet.

Newsflash Einstein, Spurs don't pay enough in transfers or salaries to to buy those players, so Dier is the best of what we have to pick.

Suck it up princess, this is where we are, and at the moment he's all we have, so you and the rest of the turkeys will have to put up with it and support the teams we put out.

Instead of trying to be football pundit of the year.
Calm down My Man. You may just Pop and Artery, have a heart attack or Stroke. From what I hear NHS is overwhelmed. If it makes you feel better, "I'm really Sorry I don't feel Dier will bring us the League, or that he can't make it into Man City, United or Chelsea". I don't want this world end up with one less Spurs supporter, 'You were right and I was wrong'.

:mourshock:

Someone Please help this man. Explain that an Opinion is never right or wrong, its an opinion.

Calm down My Man. You may just Pop and Artery, have a heart attack or Stroke. From what I hear NHS is overwhelmed. If it makes you feel better, "I'm really Sorry I don't feel Dier will bring us the League, or that he can't make it into Man City, United or Chelsea". I don't want this world end up with one less Spurs supporter, 'You were right and I was wrong'.

:mourshock:

Someone Please help this man. Explain that an Opinion is never right or wrong, its an opinion.
Oh look, someone was critical of my opinion, he must be angry and ranting.

Actually no, I'm just fed up of so called supporters talking crap, without thought or consideration.

The short term thought process of uber critical wingebag modern supporters is beyond pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom