Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diamond
Concede on 14 minutes
Struggle
Subs on 65
Score 2 goals
Lo Celso on in the 87th
Poch is a genius
Sissoko is shit
KWP is shit
Eriksen is a victim of his own briliance

See you for the Scum game to discuss the same things

Geez... ESPN here in the states says,

Woolwich will become kings of north London again
What was all the fuss about a power shift in north London? Woolwich are back in the driver's seat and there to stay, with the Premier League's most lethal centre-forward double-act (Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette) backed up by a balanced, energetic midfield and a bolstered back line.
Unai Emery has turned his side from stodgy to sleek, introducing the excellent Real Madrid loanee Dani Ceballos -- whose tenacity set up Aubameyang's winner against Burnley -- and showing faith in exciting homegrown midfielder Joe Willock.
It has given them a shot of energy that will surely create more chances for Aubameyang, who already has two goals to his name, and Lacazette. Given that £72m summer signing Nicolas Pepe is still being eased in, not to mention the fact that attacking left-back Kieran Tierney is still returning to fitness, Woolwich will only become more potent -- and the two-point gap they have already established over Spurs, whose attacking depth still seems light, will prove crucial by the end of the campaign.

Do they even... I mean.... what? They beat Newcastle by 1 goal and Burnley by 1 goal at home, and they're talking about a two point gap after 2 matches, and one of our matches has been away at the Etihad. What are they paying these writers for?

I'm only wearing the lucky stuff that actually works today.

So, if you see someone trying to get in wearing just a filthy pair of Y-fronts (no socks), don't be a stranger, say hello.

What an absolute shit show that was. It reminded me so much of the dark days when this was a regular occurrence under AVB.
I lost count of the times we were against a shit team but lost 1-0 when they put 9 or 10 behind the ball and that's what happened today.
We had enough about us to prevent that against Villa but we were clueless today. Side to side back, side to side back again, what the fuck was that all about?
Many people rave about Winks but I just don't get it and never have. He wasn't the only poor player today, no one comes out of that game with any credit.
Something doesn't seem right at the minute, in recent years our team spirit has pulled us through games like this but that team spirit seems to have gone.
No Eriksen or Jan is just stupid in my opinion. If there's a rift between Poch and a player he needs to deal with it and move on, not let it run and run while it's costing us points.

There's not a better game to put this behind us than next weekends against the South London Shit Stains but the lack of belief worries me.
They will see our lack of fight and play on it. We must come back strong from this otherwise it could take a while to get out of the slump (which we would be in if we bend over for Woolwich)

Didn't enjoy that one bit today so put this fucker right next week..

Diamond
Concede on 14 minutes
Struggle
Subs on 65
Score 2 goals
Lo Celso on in the 87th
Poch is a genius
Sissoko is shit
KWP is shit
Eriksen is a victim of his own briliance

See you for the Scum game to discuss the same things

I haven't been on here for many weeks and I have no intention of 'crossing swords' with you but please permit me to enquire why you positively invite confrontation with such negative and provocative posts. Do you simply seek attention (and a lot of dislikes) or do you genuinely believe what you are posting....such as the article I have replied to ?.
I'm not taking the piss here I just find your stance on a supporters forum quite baffling...... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Can we just start the game fast, with energy, tempo, intent and 'aggresivity' for fuck sake, even if the goals don't come. Just tired of so many slow, casual first halves lately.

Vital game today, in terms of our league position.

A win will take us above woolich into 3rd, assuming a citeh win (2nd equal on points), or into 2nd if they can only draw or lose. Only 2 points behind the scouse bastards.

Then we'll only have 35 games to the end of the season - it's all getting a bit nervy. Not sure if I can handle it.

Nothing but a win will do - preferably a good one.

God, it's stressful up here at the top.

COYS!

“We cannot lose stupid points at home as we did last season”. Lucas Moura Saturday 24/8.

Losing happens. Losing to absolute rubbish happens. Losing to absolute rubbish with 2 ( woeful ) efforts on goal, at home....should never happen.

The league is the bread and butter and the facts are that 4 wins from 15 games is horrendous. And those performances generally don’t deserve the full 12 points gained ! Yep that’s how bad it’s become.

A claimed 1 billion pound stadium has served up utter shit against Waste Ham and today was even worse than that. We could have saved the money and played over our historic home on the Marshes and not played worse than we did. Stadiums don’t win games. Players do.

I am going to be childish below and reactionary as it’s late and I am still pissed off, which is insane as what the hell can any of us do ?

Aurier wants out after 18 months and if Kyle Walker Peters is the answer then I’m truly scared. How many times in one game can an attacking full back receive the ball facing his own goal in the last third, take one touch too many and pass it sideways. It’s ridiculous that this guy is starting games at this level. No responsibility shown.

Davison Sanchez. Oh my god. What an absolute cunt of a display. AGAIN. He will always be the man who got bullied by Rondon. He’ll never learn now.

Winks. What’s the point of becoming a professional footballer and copying Ray Wilkins? it only leads to ruin and Talksport.

RIP butch. Winks plays in tribute to you each week. I have a lot of time for Winks, but someone is giving him duff advice and he keeps listening to it.

Sissoko. Cult hero’s are for shit mid table sides, think Freund in the 90’s. Ta ta mate. Do one. Harsh as there is a lot to love about the guy but I can’t see how 2 DM were needed at home to the tossing bar codes and he’s simply lacking too much too often.

Rose would not get a game for Watford on current form. You don’t want to be here but you do want the wedge. Your a prostitute son. Fuck you and fuck off up north, go Rotherham or somewhere. I hear that’s a nicer place than Cuffley. Sick of his pricking about. Just go.

Le Celso. Fuck me. A loan fee looks expensive based on today and he’s not even fit to start. Anyone here get away with that type of excuse on Tuesday when going to work ? Too early to judge his ability I accept that, but not being fit ! Jesus Christ. It’s your job to be fit.

Eriksen. He’s a “Professional footballer” so his job is the play and play to the best of his ability - but the manager says no. What the fuck is that all about ? Why is he and Jan dropped but Toby is not ? Either make a stand on all of them or don’t make a stand on anyone and pick the best players for the game ahead. Utterly nonsensical behaviour.

Son / Kane - 2017. Did not work. 2018. Did not work. 2019. Does not work. How fucking hard is it Poch ?

Lamela. I’ve defended him. I’ve cheered him and loved his spite. But I don’t want to ever see him in a Spurs shirt ever again. And I do mean ever. Creative football is not always easy, but is it that fucking hard ?

I’d be completely comfortable with giving Ben Davies Man of the Match for us today.

My frustration and sarcasm aside, I feel like we all do tonight. Pissed off and angry and desperate for this run of tripe to end. The team looks in bits already and the summer looks to have delivered a lot less than necessary.

Beyond all this I am starting to honestly question Pochettino’s attitude to the club and players. A lot of these problems he’s paid to keep in check. He really does not have that much coin to avoid a few hard truths coming his way. And his post match finger pointing is not helping.

And why exactly, despite everything, do so many players want to leave and why do so many not appear to be trying ? Is that ENIC and deadly Dan or something non sinister ?

State of the art stadium / training ground and players who can’t wait to escape. Like having a hamster wheel and no hamster.

At least we tend to do well at Woolwich and can recover those 3 points easy as anything.

Oh no wait a minute......

Last edited:
If i see one more time that people suggest Lo Celso should or will start i will hit the disagree button. He is not fit yet and will not start till League Cup or CL if we get easy first game. He needs time.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom