Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

can you name half of the starting 11 who want to leave?

Eriksen, Toby, Rose...... Jan carrying his own question mark now....

+ 2 new signings we're told not to expect much from until January.

Not all bonafide 'want-aways' but not a great state of affairs much the same.

It feels like that, definitely, that's why I said, today felt like the beginning of the end.

I think something drastic needs to change quite possibly.

It's not the losing, painful as it might be but the manner.

Pochettino has arguably got his hardest season ahead.

It can easily be written off as a result that can happen but I feel it's more than that..

It's very difficult to change sentiment and that might be what's happening here.

Tbf I thought Newcastle were defensively excellent. They held us off and never looked particularly stressed. We've had trouble with ptb teams since the reign of Kane. Not letting us off the hook because we were pretty insipid. A vampire with plastic teeth.

Theres not much positive to say here. Moura wasn't on point, Kane wasn't on point. Son wasn't on point. Sanchez and Toby weren't in sync. Winks was vanilla and Sissoko was damn near bashful.

Not looking forward to the NLD considering the european transfer window will still be open and Poch and the team will still be unsettled.

I still have faith in Poch, but I don't think we are going to find our legs until after the International Break.

If i have to dig for any positives. Lo Celso and Eriksen seem to play well, If Eriksen leaves hopefully Ndombele and Lo Celso can find a similar explosive chemistry.

If Sissoko has a few more games at RB I think he can do a job, some of his runs and passes in the final 10 minutes were quality.

Kane will find his form as will Lucas and Son, they just need time. Dele and Lamela will both need to earn their playing time.

But as far as today goes

:pochfacepalm:

Said this in the transfer window, but he will be getting more minutes at right back I believe, even if KWP wasn’t hurt. The one thing he does do is make runs behind the line. No surprise some our most dangerous moments came with him making runs off the back line.

Again, city and pool score a ton of their goals from attacking the wide areas, stretching the back line, and having players run into that space. We haven’t done this since the our walker/rose days.

I think that has been a constant problem - Poch is very set on persisting with his way and in fairness it has brought a lot of sucess but there are times when you really need to mix it up and have a plan B.

You cant always bludgeon the oppposition into submission
I totally agree

The team that started today SHOULD'VE been good enough to beat Newcastle....
Ndombele, Dele and Jan were being saved for NEXT week! Except we coulda done with them today!

Yeah, that doesn't help lift my mood!
Just shows you that stats count for SHIT if we don't score...
79% possession only means something to anyone with a joystick between their legs... if you know what I mean?!

FUCKING stats can go suck my cunt.
0-1 ...THAT'S the only stat I give a shit about....
Not how many touches Son had in the Final 3rd quaterisation bollocks!

FUCK STATS.... and all the cunts who cling onto their irrelevant meaning!

Last edited:
I think something drastic needs to change quite possibly.

It's not the losing, painful as it might be but the manner.

Pochettino has arguably got his hardest season ahead.

It can easily be written off as a result that can happen but I feel it's more than that..

It's very difficult to change sentiment and that might be what's happening here.

If Poch does go then Levy needs to go as well as far as I am concerned.

Levy is the reason this club has not achieved success under Poch in regards to winning trophies, key moments when we should have made statement signings over the years he has been manager and he has failed him.

We would have never been a consistent top four side without Poch at the helm either, he saved Levys bacon after the AVB/Sherwood debacle.

Yes we made some top signings this season but the mismanagement around contracts, the lack of key areas like RB not being strengthend and a number of other issues alongside the past issues of failure to back him at key moments makes him just as much to blame if it all goes tits up.

A new stadium doesn't change that.

Back
Top Bottom