Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, next time Ben Davies plays a 'blinder' - I will praise his performance. He hasn't got the ability of a Danny Rose or even an Assou-Ekotto, but if he performs well enough I will praise him. I've always said he's a steady player, probably best suited to being a left sided centre back where he excels for Wales but as a wing back, in a Pochettino team, he does not and will never be good enough as a long term solution.

Again, not sure how that's fickle and if it is, then every one on this forum could be labelled with the exact same word.

So you don't make absolute statements like "Davies is shit"?

Bollocks, you don't.

This is where we differ.

And again with the condescending tone. “Sooner you understand that”. Do me a favour. I’m well aware of the concept of winning ugly but I’d never want to see us take it to that extent.

You’re just contradicting yourself now. This started with you moaning that the game was boring yet now ur saying not every game can be like watching Brazil. Either ur praising West Ham for having an “anti Brazil” game plan to get a result, which is fine if u admire that, or ur criticising us for making it a boring game for the way we played.

My point was they made it a boring game not us. If they showed any ambition to play us it would have been a more open entertaining game. I don’t really see how ur arguing the toss on that other than digging ur heels in for the sake of it.

I didn't say the game was boring, what I said is...

"A really shit game of football." to which you replied - "Only one team to blame for that."

It went downhill from there and you should most likely sleep it off.

He has 2 goals and 2 assists this season.

Dier, Winks, Dembele and Wanyama have 1 assist between them.

Stats aren't the be all and end all - but he's been a lot more productive than those players this season. That doesn't mean he's a better footballer than them - but it wouldn't surprise me that's why Pochettino (yes, our manager) has trusted Sissoko over the likes of Winks and Dembele at times in central midfield as well as bringing him on in games over some other players.
He has 2 goals and 2 assists this season.

Dier, Winks, Dembele and Wanyama have 1 assist between them.

Stats aren't the be all and end all - but he's been a lot more productive than those players this season. That doesn't mean he's a better footballer than them - but it wouldn't surprise me that's why Pochettino (yes, our manager) has trusted Sissoko over the likes of Winks and Dembele at times in central midfield as well as bringing him on in games over some other players.

wanyama has been out all season. Dembele hasn't played a lot either Winks performs much better then sissoko but hasn't been at his best recently. However a blind donkey could play better then sissoko. I hope he doesnt play again. He isn't the only reason we drew but we play with ten men with him around. Lamela should start over him. He Offers nothing of any notable quality. Maybe 1-2 games this season he hasnt looked bad but in every other game this season and in nearly all games last season he looks total rubbish

Imo he was good when he had Bale in front of him and we were bossing games other than that he could be a liability defensively and was never anywhere near as good as Davies was the back end of last season.

I dont know to be honest. I though that particular season he was great defensively. Remember Bale only started getting hot from Feb onwards. Which was the final three or so months of the season.

Sure in his later AVB years, he didn't give a shit but Redknapp got the best out of him. He was the best left back in the league that year, no doubt.

Then again, I think Ekottos attributes are better suited than Davies. People used to say Davies was better than Rose defensively too.

So you don't make absolute statements like "Davies is shit"?

Bollocks, you don't.

I said his performance against Woolwich was shit, which it was. The whole teams performance was in fact.

If you go back through this very thread though. Two separate posters actually did call him shit. Go call them out

Disagree completely there mate. Aurier played well but for some unknown reason Sissoko was taking up LW and overlapping Aurier rather than vice versa. I try not to criticise Sissoko too much but I have no idea what position he was trying to play tonight.

Take him out of the way and Aurier would have had a good game imo.

He is on the pitch to be a great big lump to get in the way of the other team when they attack us. Instead he gets in the way of his own team. People only pass to him when there is nothing else on. I agree. Take him away. And sell him, fly tip him. Anything

A few players looked leggy, West Ham came for a draw and tbh we still win that game 9 times out of 10.

Really really dissapointed but nothing too concerning. What I will say is we need another CM option who can pick a pass and poch needs to be proactive rather than reactive but we already knew this before today.

All in all a good Christmas period rounded off by a dissapointing draw in a London derby.

(Sidenote: besides their centre backs who fought hard, West Ham were absolutely dreadful)

Thought we played quite well tonight. On another day any one of those chances go in, or the ball falls for us when we're going for it at the end, or the other team don't score with a screamer with their one shot on target. A better performance than some of the other ones against "park the bus" sides earlier in the season.

A shame not to beat them, but at least we didn't lose. Top four looking like a tough battle, I predicted third at the start of the season, but Liverpool and Chelsea are rightly favourites for the third and fourth spots at the moment. Long way to go though.

I didn't say the game was boring, what I said is...

"A really shit game of football." to which you replied - "Only one team to blame for that."

It went downhill from there and you should most likely sleep it off.
I’ll leave it there. Now splitting hairs on the specific wording of what u said. Shit game, boring game, the context of what we’re (or at least I’m) discussing is the same.

You’re clearly not interested in debating the point. And STILL attempting to sign off with silly little diggy comments.

I’ve not noticed a single person agree with a thing you’ve posted on this topic. You’d think that’d tell you something.

:goonermong:

BBC:
  • In four London derbies in all competitions under David Moyes, West Ham have managed just three shots on target. However, they've scored two of them, and have lost just once (W1 D2).
  • Son Heung-min has been directly involved in 12 goals in his last nine home games for Tottenham in all competition (seven goals, five assists).
  • Spurs have never lost a Premier League game on a Thursday (P11 W6 D5 L0) - it is the highest number of games played
  • Harry Kane has scored just three goals in his last 10 Premier League London derby matches, failing to find the net on eight occasions in that run.
    by a team on a specific day without defeat in the Premier League era.
• Moussa Sissoko has not hit a perfectly-weighted pass to a team-mate

#7/10

Please all , look at the other results over the festive period, we haven't done too bad.
Disappointing as it was tonight, we pulled it back. We shouldnt pull the team apart and Pochs game-It just didnt happen for us tonight. We have some massive games soon and will need 100% from everyone.

I said his performance against Woolwich was shit, which it was. The whole teams performance was in fact.

Not the question I asked you.

If you go back through this very thread though. Two separate posters actually did call him shit. Go call them out

Clearly missing the point.

Fickle, revisionist, hindsight-ism and a stereotypical dose of 'I know better than the manager' from you is what has irked me here.

Moving on. Up to you if you do the same.

S_216725-MLB25504590769_042017-O.jpg
Moussa%2BSissoko%2B-%2BTottenham%2B-%2B2016-17.png

let's play find the differences

Not the question I asked you.

Clearly missing the point.

Fickle, revisionist, hindsight-ism and a stereotypical dose of 'I know better than the manager' from you is what has irked me here.

Moving on. Up to you if you do the same.

I used to get wound up by him all the time then i realised in the boxing forum actually that he just blags it and knows fuck all about sport , he probably got Sparta Praugue to the CL semis on championship manager one time and derived his confidence from that, kids harmless tho.

I used to get wound up by him all the time then i realised in the boxing forum actually that he just blags it and knows fuck all about sport , he probably got Sparta Praugue to the CL semis on championship manager one time and derived his confidence from that, kids harmless tho.

Too many computer games and a life in Mum's basement was my theory.

Tho' I realise I should know better than to get irritated...

Back
Top Bottom