Fan Activism for charity thread. Tottenham Versus Brighton Nov 1st pay per view.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

will you pay the PPV charge

• yes

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • no (inc streamers)

Votes: 91 82.7%

• Total voters
Ours or generally?
I heard there was a rumour that one in particular (don't know which) garnered less than 1,000 purchases.

There were rumours last week that the Burnley West Brom game had less than 100 subscribers.

Apparently agreed up to international break which means our match v WBA. However not agreed when yet. After that seem to want to continue at reduced price which will satisfy some but not all including me. Want it scrapped.

Apparently agreed up to international break which means our match v WBA. However not agreed when yet. After that seem to want to continue at reduced price which will satisfy some but not all including me. Want it scrapped.
You want PPV scrapped and all matches to be shown free again (unlikely) or not at all (more likely)?

Let them publish the figures. If it was a roaring success they would.
Clubs were told that there were an average of 39,000 paid subscriptions over the first nine PPV matches, totalling £5.25m, though a portion of that will go to broadcasters whose costs are £100,000 per match.

The latter. That has been the case for years. Whilst I understand season ticket holders are missing out the rest of us it would be no change.
Fair enough. Personally I welcome the chance to see extra matches at the moment and don’t stream (I could but I choose not to), but agree that £15 is way too much. £7.50 to £10 would be more reasonable, especially if a percentage was donated and/or there was an option to donate extra at the same time.

I will pay for our matches, but fully understand why many can’t/won’t.

Back
Top Bottom