Fan Activism for charity thread. Tottenham Versus Brighton Nov 1st pay per view.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

will you pay the PPV charge

• yes

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • no (inc streamers)

Votes: 91 82.7%

• Total voters
Fair enough. Personally I welcome the chance to see extra matches at the moment and don’t stream (I could but I choose not to), but agree that £15 is way too much. £7.50 to £10 would be more reasonable, especially if a percentage was donated and/or there was an option to donate extra at the same time.

I will pay for our matches, but fully understand why many can’t/won’t.
My main concern if PPV is successful is whilst this Month it is Brighton match that is excluded from Sky/BT package but matches between the big 6 are always picked. If PPV continues they will start including the Brighton match but not say NLD trying to cash in on greater audiences.
Also whilst TV matches always switched there was always 6/7 matches at 3pm on Saturday but now only 1.

My main concern if PPV is successful is whilst this Month it is Brighton match that is excluded from Sky/BT package but matches between the big 6 are always picked. If PPV continues they will start including the Brighton match but not say NLD trying to cash in on greater audiences.
Also whilst TV matches always switched there was always 6/7 matches at 3pm on Saturday but now only 1.

I’m not convinced that they’d move the big matches to PPV as that would lead many to bin the normal Sky Sports. Would the clubs even accept that given the amount they’d then lose from the next Sky deal? I dunno, maybe you’re right.

I agree on the Saturday 3pm’s though. Saturday afternoons are now a washout with just Brighton v West Brom or something. Personally I don’t want PPV long term, just while this Covid shit show is around.

Under normal circumstances I would quite happily paid for 2 good tickets for my wife and I, 2 rail tickets, 2 pub meals and drinks in pub and at ground and taxi from station home. But even if they reduce the PPV to £1 I will not on principle pay it. I pay enough to Sky & Bt and will not give them any more.
I do hope others will boycott PPV as well.

Back
Top Bottom