Tottenham Vs Bolton Wanderers FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think Harry will stick with cudicini seeing hes played in the other cup games. Maybe swap Sandro with Parker aswell needs more game time.

Would be very interested to see:

Cudicini
Walker Nelsen Gallas BAE
Krancjar Livermore Modric Bale
Gio
Defoe

Gio functions best as second striker, so why not give him a go, and bring on Saha/VDV if all is not going as planned . . ?

Wouldn't be surprised if Danny Rose started considering how many games Walker, Benny and Bale have played. Livermore, Sandro, Kranjcar and Gio could all start for the same reasons especially since we played on Wednesday and Saturday.

Blanchflower said:
Have I missed something?...........Why is Giovani dos Pantos being mentioned as a possible starter?.........Do we want to lose?

He has been on the bench recently, got a few minutes against Stoke, and everyone else looks fatigued, injured, or is out on loan. Premier League is always the priority.

I think if we're serious about this, we can't be mucking about really. I know players are tired, but it's the FA Cup QF and Bolton will be well up for this one I think.

Raitei said:
I think if we're serious about this, we can't be mucking about really. I know players are tired, but it's the FA Cup QF and Bolton will be well up for this one I think.

I agree but Harry said he'd make changes and I can understand why. Maybe Gio won't start but I'd be very surprised if we played a full strength team for 90 minutes and I think he'd rather have big guns on the bench. We don't even know what our best team is when Lennon is out anyway.

[centre]Cudicini[/centre]
[centre]Walker - Nelsen - Gallas - BAE[/centre]
[centre]Kranjcar - Parker - Modric - Bale[/centre]
[centre]VDV[/centre]
[centre]Saha[/centre]

I love all the fans from across the pond that have to neg rep people for pointing out that Giovani is shit because they don't actually have an argument to the contrary

I wouldn't personally have a problem with Gio starting if this was against Bolton from three weeks ago but you just know that they will be playing with additional will power.

It is necessary for us to progress our second half performance and to play at Wembley, to do both I would encourage playing a full strength side, or as much as possible.

GDS unfortunately polarises opinion mostly. Those who are pro point to his time at Barcelona and his continued success at international level - these people would also claim he has yet to be given a chance at Spurs. Opposing are those who have yet to see him produce the goods in a lilywhite shirt.

For me, there's too much off the field surrounding his alleged party boy antics which cloud the situation. I have no doubt we at Spurs have yet to see the best of him. I don't know whether management are prepared to let him develop on his own terms though.

Otherwise, on the team selection front we are likely to see Cudicini, Rose, Nelsen, Livermore and Defoe starting - for no better reason than they're match fit and the cup is ideal to keep these guys ticking over. Assuming those start, the bench I would imagine will be bristling with PL starters ready to come on if whatever Plan A is goes south.

Reptile_16 said:
For me, there's too much off the field surrounding his alleged party boy antics which cloud the situation.

:gazza: :gazza2: :ledleylick: :king: :defoe2: :lennon: :mong: :crouch: :bentley:

"I spent 90% of my money on women, drink and fast cars. The rest I wasted" - George Best.

stainesspurs said:
I honestly don't want Nelsen anywhere near the first 11.

Fancy Defoe to score 2 in a 2-0 win.

we are going to have to nurse gallas and king through till the end of the season,

id like to see kaboul paired with them alternativly till the end, but with fixtures building up nelsen will have to play his part, so have to get behind him, because he is needed

Blanchflower said:
I love all the fans from across the pond that have to neg rep people for pointing out that Giovani is shit because they don't actually have an argument to the contrary

This, completely. Get over Gio, he won't work for us. Chum over him elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom