Tottenham Vs Bolton Wanderers FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

linnet_spur said:
Dru said:
Don't agree on Bale.

Defoe does it all the time which was my point. I know a striker needs to be selfish but its detrimental to the cause sometimes.

Savage showing his awesome football knowledge when he said he has no idea why defoe doesn't start.

Bale shoots on sight a lot. Defoe doesn't start because he doesn't have the attributes to play as a loan striker and we can't fit Rafa into a 442 so Savage can suck a duck.

JD has shot from and scored from that position many time and had his knob sucked from the fans for it. Swings and roundabouts innit.

Yea that's what I mean about Savage.

Again, easy to say swings and roundabouts after we got the 3rd goal but it only takes a punt upfield from them and its 2-2. He's great to have in the squad for that quality but I just wish he would lay it on a plate when its clearly the better option. He was desperate to get a goal to say look at me, give me a start gaffer.

He should have laid it off, but that's strikers for you, tunnel vision when they have a quarter of a chance at a shot.

So, who's dick do I need to suck for a Semi (ticket)?

linnet_spur said:
He should have laid it off, but that's strikers for you, tunnel vision when they have a quarter of a chance at a shot.

Defoes? LOL

I would also like to know though..........

I was stuck at work and missed the first hlf, was there any sort of "Get well Muamba" gesture before the game started?

Anyway, it feels like we're on the right track now, played really well second half at Stamford Bridge and played with real swagger tonight. Sure, we could have and probably should have scored more but three did the job nice enough.

(If this is utterly incoherent and every word misspelled I'm sorry, had a long day at work and got a real bad cold coming on.)

COYS! :rafaaaa:

Dru said:
linnet_spur said:

Defoes? LOL

I would also like to know though..........

I already do, but the little cunt is too selfish to lay me off a ticket :adegrin:

547816366.jpg

just my twit to show thats Rafa's dream coming true as our ossie's dream :vdvcry:

Great to see a continued (from Chelski game) and vast improvement in the set-pieces - shows what a little work on the training pitch can do Harry. Shouldn't have to take us fans constantly harping on about it for you to fucking notice and take action!

Scored from a corner, VDV almost scored from a free-kick, 100% improvement in delivery, and Modric didn't take one corner - long may it continue.

Don't think we played that well, what was a 4411 / 4321 at Chelsea morphed into a 4231 today with Bale roaming all over the place again and lot of our other players running unnecessary distances because the formation was too fluid. No one else in world football plays like that for good reason.

Granted we battered them and Bogdan was MOM, but they are going down with a limp and had another first choice midfielder carried off.

Our corners have improved no end over the last two games though - it looks like we have actually practised them.

Cant wait for Wembley now, not drinking until that day, something to gear up to.

Didn't bet on 3-1 tonight at the ground, it was 9-1. I always bet on 3-1. FUCKING CUNT

Blanchflower said:
Don't think we played that well, what was a 4411 / 4321 at Chelsea morphed into a 4231 today with Bale roaming all over the place again and lot of our other players running unnecessary distances because the formation was too fluid. No one else in world football plays like that for good reason.

Granted we battered them and Bogdan was MOM, but they are going down with a limp and had another first choice midfielder carried off.

Our corners have improved no end over the last two games though - it looks like we have actually practised them.

:adestare:

Blanchflower said:

Redknapp seems to be sticking to his Bale anywhere thing.

One thing I would like to see us improve on is our crossing to Ade in the box, no wonder he always goes out wide. I dont think a single cross was near enough to him to have a decent chance of a header which is a waste for someone with such a good leap on him.

See (some of) you at Wembley. Come on you Spurs.

Moment of the night.

Me: "Don't know why we're getting excited, we never score from corners" .... Well it was gonna happen sometime eh? Rafa's delivery was so much better.

As well as their keeper played, what on earth was he doing as Nelsen headed that ball in. Reminded me of Gomes.

eggsoakley said:
Cant wait for Wembley now, not drinking until that day, something to gear up to.

Didn't bet on 3-1 tonight at the ground, it was 9-1. I always bet on 3-1. FUCKING CUNT
I will be drinking copiously until then. We ought to a have TFC pub. It will probably be The Green Man and The Greyhound again. Both are great. Once we know the end we're allocated, let's make it a TFC occasion.

eggsoakley said:

I had money on 3-1 but had Adebayor to score at any time so missed out on the 16-1! :gomes:

Didn't see it because I was stuck driving all over fucking London but sounded like Bogdan had a stormer (which is unusual because the first time I saw him play he looked like the worst goalkeeper i've ever seen).

Abbey Yid said:
eggsoakley said:

I had money on 3-1 but had Adebayor to score at any time so missed out on the 16-1! :gomes:

Didn't see it because I was stuck driving all over fucking London but sounded like Bogdan had a stormer (which is unusual because the first time I saw him play he looked like the worst goalkeeper i've ever seen).

Bogdan is a terrible catcher but a great shot stopper. Plus all our one on ones were right at him pretty much. Adebayor will score again one day.

Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
eggsoakley said:

I will be drinking copiously until then. We ought to a have TFC pub. It will probably be The Green Man and The Greyhound again. Both are great. Once we know the end we're allocated, let's make it a TFC occasion.

It will be one hell of a day and night.

Kotten said:
I was stuck at work and missed the first hlf, was there any sort of "Get well Muamba" gesture before the game started?
Players and refs all warmed up with Muamba t-shirts, and there was a moment's applause for the medical staff which, iirc (watching on tv), morphed into Muamba chants. The chants resumed on the 41st minute along with applause, but we were in the middle of some blinding possession at the time, so it was lost a bit in the excitement.

Apparently Coyle shook every player's hand afterward, but I was already on YouTube watching the TOTP Ossie's Dream.

Back
Top Bottom