Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

123198573_2439944952977817_3786513575145418783_o.jpg
Darren Lockyer?

Only kidding
Great player

Maroons tomorrow?

Appreciated the points, but we look poor. How the hell are we 3rd?
We do look poor occasionally but similarly we look really good occasionally as in the period leading up to our goal on Sunday

We just have to be more consistent and focused but I’m sure Jose will sort it

Absolutely.

I've always thought that there should be a 3rd category of shot -

On Target;
Off Target;
Hit the Woodwork

As it stands, the post/bar shots count as off target. Well so would a Zokora "effort" that goes straight out of the stadium. Or a Steffen Freund special

:freundgoal:
when your sat in row Z and the ball hits your head

That's Zamora.......

(which is who I think you meant)

We do look poor occasionally but similarly we look really good occasionally as in the period leading up to our goal on Sunday

We just have to be more consistent and focused but I’m sure Jose will sort it
I haven't a clue what to make of us this year and it's both exciting and a little worrying. We were quite poor for most of the last 180 mins in the PL and came out with 6 points, so I'm both enthused by the ability to pick up points, and worried about the inability to play well against poor teams. Getting Tanguy deeper in the midfield should fix a lot.

We all know Jose is pragmatic and he would know who they have in their squad. He knows what their strengths and weaknesses are. He knew after we got a goal that he could invite pressure and they would likely not do anything with it (they weren't able to).

Why talk about what would have happened if they had different players, because surely if they did Jose would have had a different strategy.
But why have such a stupid strategy in the first place. Why risk having shots , crosses , free kicks and corners against us? Anything can happen like it did v toon. We do the same against the better teams as well. Surely he can’t be that arrogant to think let a PL team even it’s Brighton have ball because they won’t score? If you take out the foul before their goal they worked it really well even though we had plenty of players back. Who was marking the player in the middle on the edge of the box who played it out to lamprey ? No one. Even though we sit back and try to defend we can’t.

Back
Top Bottom