Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't wait to see the team he picks for this one after tonights performance. I reckon they'll come out chomping at the bit to make up for the Antwerp result. I wouldn't like to be Brighton and I'll take us to stuff them at least 4-0. Whoever makes the team Sunday will be the nucleus of the side for many weeks to come and it will be even more fascinating to see who makes the bench.
It's going to be another busy window at Spurs come the January Sales :thumbup:

Again everyone saying the playiers will come out chomping at the bit, Maureen angry fired up, wouldn’t want to Brighton etc. How many times have we expected a reaction and turned up shit!

As far as I am concerned this match is early Monday morning. It is on ordinary Sky sports in middle of night. Will not bother with stream and will stay away from Internet and New/sport on Tv. Record it and watch it first thing Monday as good as live as I will not know result.

uvlapma.png

Subs: Hart, Davies, Rodon, Sissoko, Lamela, Bale, Vinicius

I'm a bit nervous. Their last half against WBA wasn't great and their performances have dropped a bit since running rampant over United and Chelsea, but they're still creating plenty of chances, just had some bad luck + awful finishing. They have good movement, they press well as a team, they're going to see themselves as underdogs here.

They're willing to come forward so I expect chances for us though. But I don't care about just the final scoreline, I want to see a response - a real team performance where we're not second best in intensity and movement. I want to actually *outplay* them. And I'm not even thinking about the last two games, I'm really thinking about Southampton first half because they're another high-pressing side rather than a Burnley - if we're not giving 100%, we're going to concede midfield. It sounds a bit doom and gloom but I think the challenge is good, play better here and that's a sign of progress!

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Sissoko - Ndombele
Lucas - Kane - Son

Hart, Rodon, Davies, Lo Celso, Lamela, Bale, Vinicius​

Going to be tough. Our last two matches against them were excruciatingly difficult.

We all know who should start, let's see if they can show the second string the attitude you need to have if you want to win. Brighton will be a much tougher opponent than Antwerp.

We all know who should start, let's see if they can show the second string the attitude you need to have if you want to win. Brighton will be a much tougher opponent than Antwerp.
Do you think that partly contributed to the lack of motivation last night...?

The players must ALSO know who 'should' be starting on Sunday, and maybe they didn't have the assurances that a decent performance last night would change that...

Unless Dele and Bergweign had each got a hat-trick, with Winks setting up all six, there's not much chance of them starting Sunday.... likewise Vinicius....
Is THAT part of the problem?

Do you think that partly contributed to the lack of motivation last night...?

The players must ALSO know who 'should' be starting on Sunday, and maybe they didn't have the assurances that a decent performance last night would change that...

Unless Dele and Bergweign had each got a hat-trick, with Winks setting up all six, there's not much chance of them starting Sunday.... likewise Vinicius....
Is THAT part of the problem?

It may well be, but that shows these players have a weak mentality. If Winks, Dele, Bergwijn etc truly believe in themselves then go out there and play hard. You only have to play better than Sissoko or Lucas to get into the first XI, those spots are absolutely up for grabs.

Ndombele managed to do it and he was in a far worse spot than any of our current second string. Lamela rose up the pecking order this season too. All you can do is give your best. Give your best and the only thing that can be judged is your talent. If you are lazy then we can only judge your attitude.

I think it will be a completely different performance in this game with players he trusts. I'm expecting a big response and I'm hopeful we will get one. I think he'll go with.....

Hugo
Aurier toby dier reguilon
Sisokko hojbjerg tanguy
Lamela kane Son
Big win kane hat trick 4-1

I think it will be a completely different performance in this game with players he trusts. I'm expecting a big response and I'm hopeful we will get one. I think he'll go with.....

Hugo
Aurier toby dier reguilon
Sisokko hojbjerg tanguy
Lamela kane Son
Big win kane hat trick 4-1
Is Rodon eligible?

:ap:

Back
Top Bottom