Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela continues to prove that he has a worthy place in our squad. His effort is great, he likes to give a bit of needle, and also has enough skill to create an opening where there shouldn't have been one.
I will continue to defend The Hoover
He’s a bit like a very loyal but slightly unstable pet dog. Would slash your neighbour’s ankles if he thought they were a threat.

As others have said , I don’t class a team with 1 shot on target to have outplayed another team who could have easily scored 4, outplayed is like when we played United or Southampton or Newcastle even, Regardless of the players he has at his disposal surely he should be able to at least test the keepers after all they are a premiership team? I just think it’s strange how some people would prefer a young inexperienced manager over someone who has been proven to win at every club he has been at
Not responding ref the manager argument, but the 1 shot on target comment, They had Trossard playing as a false 9. I think if we cede that much possession to City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelscum , Leicester or even the Arse we will be facing more than 1 shot. Let’s be honest our defence is hardly peak Atletico Madrid

As I said, they don't have the players, still they outplayed us, they would have beaten is with higher quality attackers. All I'm saying is that with the same players, our players, Potters team would beat Mourinhos team. Ok, I may have said that we'd win the league with Potter (thats maybe a bit provocative). We can argue about this forever. It will however probably not lead anywhere. I believe, you don't. We will never know if Mourinho isn't fired tomorrow and replaced by Potter. Also. I'd prefer us playing Potters football over Morinhos football.
We all know Jose is pragmatic and he would know who they have in their squad. He knows what their strengths and weaknesses are. He knew after we got a goal that he could invite pressure and they would likely not do anything with it (they weren't able to).

Why talk about what would have happened if they had different players, because surely if they did Jose would have had a different strategy.

Not responding ref the manager argument, but the 1 shot on target comment, They had Trossard playing as a false 9. I think if we cede that much possession to City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelscum , Leicester or even the Arse we will be facing more than 1 shot. Let’s be honest our defence is hardly peak Atletico Madrid
We know Jose adapts his strategy depending on the opponent though so it's kind of a moot point.

We know Jose adapts his strategy depending on the opponent though so it's kind of a moot point.
No strikers , it is my logic admittedly but if they have no strikers we can afford to take risks, because as you rightly say , they won’t score
Not knocking Jose by the way, just found our approach strange in my opinion

You must be great fun at parties.
Excuse me for having an opinion.

What I said about AG is just fact - check out his ratings for last night, he gave Matt a 6 and Son a 5, when both were very poor. Also, he gave Toby a 9!!!!!

I'm all for positivity but come on, let's be serious.

We know Ali Gold is always overly generous with his player ratings, so here's the real deal for the crap we've just watched.

Hugo - 5
Didn't have much to do despite all the Brighton possession, but nearly gifted Welbeck the equalizer when he dropped Gross' cross at the end.

Doherty - 2
Poor defensively, inexistant offensively. Lucky the ref didn't blow for a pen in the first half when he stupidly pulled Trossard. Makes you want Serge back, that says it all.

Toby - 6
Gets an extra point for that great diagonal to Reg on Bale's goal. Not really troubled defensively but must be far more vocal when the team is struggling.

Dier - 6
Couple passes went awol but other than that he did well. Same as with Toby, though - must hear him more when the rest of the team isnt working hard enough.

*CBs helped by Brighton not playing with a real CF for 75+ mins

Reguilon - 5
Extra point for that dribble & right-footed cross for Bale's winner. Didn't produce much quality otherwise and too troubled defensively by Lallana but mainly Lampey.

Hojberg - 7
Very unlucky that the ref was a moronic cheating cunt. Solid first half, but faded in the second. Still one of the best players out there. Hardest worker for sure.

Sissoko - 6
If only he had a football IQ, at least when it comes to knowing what to do when in possession. But defensively strong. Some timely interceptions, some strong tackles.

Tanguy - 5
Didn't see the ball in the first half but that wasn't his doing. So did what he could and helped the team with his pressing and tackling. Maybe a No 8 more than a No 10?

Son - 2
Not his night. At all. Enough said. At least, unlike Doherty, this isn't a habit for him.

Lamela - 5
Typical Coco. Can produce the great like his shot that hits the post, but can also bring the stupid like that free kick at the end of the first half. Fought hard, as ever.

Kane - 6
Scored a brilliant pen, but really should've scored that tap-in as opposed to hitting the post. Dropped too deep too often, but had no choice. Good defensive headers.

//Subs//

Bale - 6
That winning goal. Period.

I agree that Gold is too generous with his ratings, although I understand why he is as well.

But not sure that giving Sissoko and Dier the same rating as Toby makes your ratings any better. Not a chance Sissoko was close to one of our better players, Toby clearly much better than Dier and PEH not remotely close to a a 7, no matter how many BS MOTM awards they try to give him.

No it is not an effective attack when Lamela flubs it again.

What a load of bollocks you're talking......

If you really think hitting the post from outside the box is "flubbing" you really ought to do what was recommended the other and give curling a try...

Attacking-wise Lamela was as dangerous as anyone was yesterday.

What a load of bollocks you're talking......

If you really think hitting the post from outside the box is "flubbing" you really ought to do what was recommended the other and give curling a try...

Attacking-wise Lamela was as dangerous as anyone was yesterday.

I already follow curling so no need to give it a try, I can follow more than one sport at the same time.

I just found out today (thanks to a mate of my son's accidentally spilling the beans) that your email and password access to Watched will work for anyone !. God knows how many of his friends were signing on using our account until this slip of the tongue. Changed my password immediately and he is now sworn to secrecy. Wouldn't surprise me if he was selling the info for a £5 a time.
Just thought I'd let you know though in case you wished to share it with a friend or relative and save them a few pounds.
:mourthumb:

As I said, they don't have the players, still they outplayed us, they would have beaten is with higher quality attackers. All I'm saying is that with the same players, our players, Potters team would beat Mourinhos team. Ok, I may have said that we'd win the league with Potter (thats maybe a bit provocative). We can argue about this forever. It will however probably not lead anywhere. I believe, you don't. We will never know if Mourinho isn't fired tomorrow and replaced by Potter. Also. I'd prefer us playing Potters football over Morinhos football.
Crazy "whataboutism" theories mean nothing - maybe half our players wouldn't play for Potter, certainly half wouldn't sign for him .. but you dream away.

If in twenty years Potter has overtaken Mourinho's trophy haul you cam say "I told you so" ... but until then it's pure fantasy

"Outplayed" with a xG of 0.3? try thinking about that again ......................

Dermot Gallagher on Sky today :

INCIDENT: Tariq Lamptey's equaliser at Tottenham is allowed after the referee went to consult his pitchside TV monitor for a possible foul by Solly March on Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

VERDICT: I do not think it should (have been allowed). That is a foul and a yellow card, but for whatever reason, the referee [Graham Scott] chose not to give it. He goes on and the goal is scored and then the Video Assistant Referee [Jonathan Moss] does him a massive favour by sending him to the screen. He goes to the screen, looks at it and I think he has looked at it too much and in the end he has looked for a reason to back himself. And that is where he has made his mistake, he has not gone with an open mind and if he had done that, I think he would have given a different decision.

Fair play, that one statement from Dermot encapsulates the whole problem with the incident. Scott did not wish to appear in any way wrong with his initial decision. He allowed personal pride to cloud his perspective of the foul. Let's hope the saying is true and that pride really does come before a fall.

Full Ref Watch Link Ref Watch: Were Tottenham on the receiving end of favourable VAR calls in win over Brighton?

Last edited:
123198573_2439944952977817_3786513575145418783_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom