Tottenham Vs Brighton - Tues 23rd April 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our record "home" crowd versus Brighton was Wembley in 2017 with 46,438 that game was also an evening kick-off ... our previous home league game with Brighton was in Division 1 back in 1983 (Chris Houghton scored) that day just 23,994 turned up, funnily enough again it was a midweek fixture ...

Not sure what we will get this Wednesday but pretty confident it will be a new inter-club record ....

Wednesday night after a long hot bank holiday weekend having already played 5 games this month .... is anyone surprised that some fans are struggling to keep up both with free time and spare money? Not forgetting it's then a London derby on Saturday and a CL Semi-Final next Wednesday ... that will be 8 games in just 28 days 6 of those at home .... my guess is that those 6 home games will have attracted 360,000 fans in less than a month, the same as 10 home games or at least two months of football at the old lane .... not complaining at all it's bloody brilliant, but don't forget that whilst it might be tough on the players, it's also equally tough on the fans.

I love Chrissie and really hope that Brighton avoid the drop, but we have to be ruthless tomorrow night and rack up the points, hopefully with no/little drama (my blood pressure is just about getting back to normal after last week's heroics).
As long as we are not complacent, we should be too strong for them, no matter who welse put out.

It's tomorrow, not Wednesday.

Don't miss it.

Ajax is next Tuesday too.

Sorry - my time they are both on Wednesday 1:45am and 2:00am and that clever little GOOGLE changes all dates and times to my local ... I've got my spot reserved at the all night sports-bar in Kathu, will be me and maybe three other die-hards for Brighton ... but probably 20+ for Ajax

The Thailand Spurs supporters club are expecting over 300 in Bangkok for Ajax ... as most are locals and start drinking straight after work, it could be a very long night for the bar staff ....

I suppose I was thinking more of ST holders who have effectively already paid for theirs tomorrow, but won't bother going, but who will sure as shit be in attendance NEXT Tuesday!!

Even with those that have an ST. Costs me minimum £50 to get there and travel food and time off work. All adds up!

People do pick and choose though. Noticed 5x 1882 seats all in a row.

Floaters is the recognised term.........

I am sure some of the "New" season ticket holders were banking (literally) on selling on the games they don't want to go to. Will be an awfully expensive cost per game for a 1882 ST holder if they only go to the big games and then hope someone will stump up £100 to watch the likes of Brighton.

Yeah that was never going to happen.

But we have always struggled for numbers midweek.
Not for big games but the run of the mill ones.

Sissoko out for 2 weeks.
Lloris should be back.
Winks being assessed.

According to Pochs presser.

Back
Top Bottom