Tottenham Vs Brighton - Tues 23rd April 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have to accept they will park the bus, the last game against Wolves, they didn't have a single shot on target, the longer the game goes without us scoring the more desperate it will be.

As much as I respect Hughton for his Spurs heritage I fully expect him to Pulis the shit out of this game.

This, Brighton went 4-5-1 against Wolves with just 32% possession and no shots on target ...

This is a good game for us to have Llorente, Son and Lucas as a front three, we could go 3-2-2-3 or call it 3-4-3 if you prefer, Toby, Jan and Foyth at the back with Winks and Danny behind Eriksen and Dele in the middle, that leaves Son and Lucas to play wide cutting in with Llorente down the middle, that's playing no fullbacks but if as expected Brighton park the bus then we won't need them.

Much like on Saturday I expect the formation will keep changing depending on the score ....

Probably helps us they got a point against Wolves I think so points here not quite as essential, still will be very hungry though. Should have too much quality for them but can't take them lightly.

Knockheart still out?

Yep this will be match 3 of 3 after his Hong Kong Phuey two footed challenge during the 0-5 home mauling by Bournemouth , a few of my Brighton supporting co workers reckon Hughton has had his toes stepped on by the appointment of a Football Director , Brightons results since he started in january are abysmal so they could have a point , and this looks like a 0-0 if they replicate that display v Wolves

Yep this will be match 3 of 3 after his Hong Kong Phuey two footed challenge during the 0-5 home mauling by Bournemouth , a few of my Brighton supporting co workers reckon Hughton has had his toes stepped on by the appointment of a Football Director , Brightons results since he started in january are abysmal so they could have a point , and this looks like a 0-0 if they replicate that display v Wolves
7KSfpaK.gif

We dont do draws, let alone 0-0’s!!!

An evening game at our new stadium. Playing well, confidence high, something to play for, professional attitude. Against a weak, tired team who - no disrespect - are way below our level...I think the score could be messy for Brighton to be honest. 3-0 or greater.

We simply have to go for this... and make the 'advantage' of both Man Utd AND Arse dropping points yesterday... otherwise, we're back where we started!

I HONESTLY didn't see the Arse result coming yesterday, and even in a world where we COULD'VE got a point on Saturday, had the result we were all expecting yesterday actually transpired, and they'd coasted to victory against Palace in the sunshine, even WITH our Hypothetical point, we'd still be a point worse off!

(Except I do expect Chelsea to win tonight... we simply COULDN'T have a round of fixtures where ALL our direct rivals lose, can we??!)

Last edited:
I was thinking we would rotate a number of players in this game given the 3 or 4 day turnaround we have for each of the next 6 matches.

But given yesterday's results and the fixtures that Woolwich Chelsea and Manu have coming up we might be certain of a top 4 place after the next 2 matches - which then takes the pressure off us for the last 2 PL matches.

So I would now suggest we go strong to make sure we get the 3 points - and if we have the likes of Skipp and KWP on the bench bring them on if we are 2 or 3 goals up to rest a couple of players. It might make sense to bring Janssen on too so he remembers what PL is about with a view that he starts v Bournemouth so as to rest Llorente for the Ajax match.

COYS

No messing around with this and just field the strongest side available. Yesterdays results were a bit unexpected, very much so in Woolwich's case, so lets stick it right at them, get the 3 points, win well and put the pressure firmly back on the others. Winning breeds confidence and will set us up perfectly for West Ham on Saturday.

Not surprised some games are getting less interest.

With tickets at £60 a go you’re easily looking at £90-£100 after beers, travel and some food. Two of those in a week is a lot of money

We have had, or will have, a silly number of consecutive evening games. A lot of people don't turn up because it is a school night for the kids.
Every game has been midweek or at an unorthodox KO time to be fair, with the Spammers and Ajax coming up doesn’t surprise me this one might be slow.....as for pricing I think it’s gonna be what it is, but there definitely could be some sort of concessions made for “cat b & c” games midweek moving forward.....

Loads of 1882 tickets available... Get in there, only £99.50 ...

:levylol:
I get that some people/ST holders GENUINELY can't go to a midweek fixture, for whatever valid reason...

But anyone deciding they "can't be bothered to go" who otherwise could, should also give up their seat for next Tuesday v Ajax...

'cos you just KNOW the Doughnut of Doom is gonna be spinning like a fucking Catherine Wheel for the rest of us come 10a.m Thursday/Friday!!

I get that some people/ST holders GENUINELY can't go to a midweek fixture, for whatever valid reason...

But anyone deciding they "can't be bothered to go" who otherwise could, should also give up their seat for next Tuesday v Ajax...

'cos you just KNOW the Doughnut of Doom is gonna be spinning like a fucking Catherine Wheel for the rest of us come 10a.m Thursday/Friday!!

6 home matches in April. And Easter holidays in there as well. So I think quite a few people pockets will be hurting this month.

Can’t be bothered very close to can’t afford to for a lot of people. (Both monetary and in time off work needed I guess).

It’s a one off month though.

Equally, those people moaning about availability of CL/Cat A games should be taking up availability for these games when ST holders cant go.

6 home matches in April. And Easter holidays in there as well. So I think quite a few people pockets will be hurting this month.

Can't be bothered very close to can’t afford to for a lot of people. (Both monetary and in time off work needed I guess).

It’s a one off month though.
I suppose I was thinking more of ST holders who have effectively already paid for theirs tomorrow, but won't bother going, but who will sure as shit be in attendance NEXT Tuesday!!

I am sure some of the "New" season ticket holders were banking (literally) on selling on the games they don't want to go to. Will be an awfully expensive cost per game for a 1882 ST holder if they only go to the big games and then hope someone will stump up £100 to watch the likes of Brighton.

Back
Top Bottom