Tottenham vs. Cardiff - 06/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Right. Lets get the Barca result out of our minds. We won't have an easier fixture to get back on track than this one right before the international break.

Lets make it 6 wins out of 8 league games and go 2 points off top spot.

I would go with:

Gazzaniga
KWP - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Sissoko - Dier - Winks
Lamela - Kane - Lucas
It would be good to give Trippier a rest and won't be a better game to give KWP some minutes. Rose back in to the line up. Keep giving Winks minutes and get Sissoko in there for his energy up and down the field (to help KWP too). Lamela back into the team after being rested against Huddersfield and give Son a rest.

This obviously won't be the team. Lloris, Trippier and Son will all likely start.

Would be nice to hear some good news going into this game though and hopefully one of our injured players will be back in contention, even if it is just a place on the bench.

3-0
Kane x2
Lamela

Josh Murphy is there most threatening player and he wouldn't even make our bench, I'm not even gonna bother about the XI, a fairly comfortable home win is the least we should expect.

Right. Lets get the Barca result out of our minds. We won't have an easier fixture to get back on track than this one right before the international break.

Lets make it 6 wins out of 8 league games and go 2 points off top spot.

I would go with:

Gazzaniga
KWP - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Sissoko - Dier - Winks
Lamela - Kane - Lucas
It would be good to give Trippier a rest and won't be a better game to give KWP some minutes. Rose back in to the line up. Keep giving Winks minutes and get Sissoko in there for his energy up and down the field (to help KWP too). Lamela back into the team after being rested against Huddersfield and give Son a rest.

This obviously won't be the team. Lloris, Trippier and Son will all likely start.

Would be nice to hear some good news going into this game though and hopefully one of our injured players will be back in contention, even if it is just a place on the bench.

3-0
Kane x2
Lamela

Think this is the sort of game that Poch should have one or two youngsters on the bench, obvious one being Skipp both for his development and also enlarge the squad if this injury crisis (I'm sure caused by the lack of pre-season between WC and this season ) continues.

Won't be able to watch this game as I'm going to Dublin for my birthday and apparently I'm not allowed to spend the entire afternoon in the AirBnB trying to find streams. Bah. It's my birthday, we should have to do what I want to do!

We will smash Cardiff. Worst team in the league. Just what we need to raise morale.

-------------------Lloris--------------------------
KWP---Sanchez---Alderweireld---Rose
------------Winks-------Dier--------------------
Moura----------Lamela------------------Son
---------------------Kane--------------------------

I'd be very tempted to give Skipp a debut instead of Dier, but I don't think Poch will go that way.

My eldest son's first match. Hopefully Dr. Tottenham wont show up...real chance to make sure he doesn't end up supporting Bayern München like all the other cunts over here.

lol.... does any one calling for Lloris to be dropped genuinely think it is the right thing to do, or that Poch will do it in a million years?

Fantasy land.

lol.... does any one calling for Lloris to be dropped genuinely think it is the right thing to do, or that Poch will do it in a million years?

Fantasy land.

Poch wouldn't dare. I'm not sure he has the bollocks for that sort of decision.

- Lloris -
Trippier - Aldeweireld - Sanchez - Rose
- Winks - Dier -
- Lucas - Lamela - Son
- Kane -
No game is easy, but I expect a win. Win it and we're 2 points off top, 6 wins out of 8.. and apparently we were in a downward spiral?

Poch wouldn't dare. I'm not sure he has the bollocks for that sort of decision.

I think anyone expecting it can genuinely have no understanding of the man that Poch is and the principles he holds true.

Things that transcend form or even football itself.

Character, personality, integrity, mental strength, teamwork.... he believes in these notions above everything else.

I can understand why people may have missed all this... he only talks about it every press conference.

Back
Top Bottom