Tottenham Vs Celtic

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The correct medical terminology is "initial impending spawn."
I'm gonna go with...

"Pandora's box is an artifact in Greek mythology, taken from the myth of Pandora's creation in Hesiod's Works and Days. The "box" was actually a large jar given to Pandora, which contained all the evils of the world. Today the phrase "to open Pandora's box" means to perform an action that may seem small or innocent, but that turns out to have severely detrimental and far-reaching consequences."

Fucking espn. Like 6 article about woolwich winning against Benfica. Didn't see a single Spurs article. The medias infatuation with piece of shit teams is just too obvious sometimes.

Just was the highlights - some great goals

Great, positive movement throughout - hopefully a sign of things to come this season

COYS

Slightly Sad to see a club with a rich history like the Celtics turn into absolute shit

Not even at an MLS level. YIkes
Couldn't give a shit personally. We've won more European trophies than them and arguably would have won more leagues had we been in a pub league from day one like they have. Never understood the whole "big club" thing about Celtic. Delighted to give them a spanking today happy days!

Slightly Sad to see a club with a rich history like the Celtics turn into absolute shit

Not even at an MLS level. YIkes

Yeh big shame remember in the 90's the Celtic and rangers teams and all the great old firm games, now even Celtic are piss poor, admittedly this was an under strength Celtic team but even a full one can't imagine much other than something similar.

Love a Scotsman to tell me wtf happened to the spl and if they can fix it, how did they just let it decline like this. It's like watching Nottingham Forrest and Leeds decline but on a grand scale.

As a Scot, the te we saw from Celtic was basically the 2nd string line up. They have a b8g game on Wednesday and all but Ambrose (red card) and Pukki (anonymous striker 1st half) were the only 2 players who would nearly make the 1st team.

Having lost some key players over the last 18 months and their best manager since Martin O'Neil they will do well to put out a worse squad this season. This would have been a chance for the new manager to check out some of the youth available and I'd be surprised if it was anything more.

The SPL has nosedived with the loss of Rangers (admin), Hearts (admin) and Hibs (utter garbage) and Celtic will yet again stroll it this season. The quality of teams has dipped and Celtic with their "spend as little as possible" attitude have followed suit.

We'd still thump the Celtic first team but you only have to look as far as Fraser Forster, Virgil Van Dijk and Kris Commons to see that they can still make the CL. Makes it all the more annoying that we struggle to make the top 4 when we can comfortably beat many of the teams who make the group stages.

As a Scot, the te we saw from Celtic was basically the 2nd string line up. They have a b8g game on Wednesday and all but Ambrose (red card) and Pukki (anonymous striker 1st half) were the only 2 players who would nearly make the 1st team.

Having lost some key players over the last 18 months and their best manager since Martin O'Neil they will do well to put out a worse squad this season. This would have been a chance for the new manager to check out some of the youth available and I'd be surprised if it was anything more.

The SPL has nosedived with the loss of Rangers (admin), Hearts (admin) and Hibs (utter garbage) and Celtic will yet again stroll it this season. The quality of teams has dipped and Celtic with their "spend as little as possible" attitude have followed suit.

We'd still thump the Celtic first team but you only have to look as far as Fraser Forster, Virgil Van Dijk and Kris Commons to see that they can still make the CL. Makes it all the more annoying that we struggle to make the top 4 when we can comfortably beat many of the teams who make the group stages.

Fair points mate, but the Tottenham team that played today had only one player that would probably make the first team. Bit of a non event all round.

Fair points mate, but the Tottenham team that played today had only one player that would probably make the first team. Bit of a non event all round.
Luckily the cost of flights to Helsinki was a little too far out off my price range. No last minute super offers available at all. If I had flown to Helsinki for those line ups and that match I would have been a little disappointed to put it mildly.

Last edited:
Granted it was a weak side but http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/totten...1970803/crace-six-hitting-spurs-show-promise? has a point

We've struggled for a time to put shit sides to the sword, while beating them is nothing to rave about, being that clinical against a team is something to be pleased with

I was a bit worried that we shipped 5 in 2 games vs the Americans so I think Poch will be a bit frustrated/paranoid about the strength of the last two teams who had their eyes on the game after ours.

But I'm really happy that the people who need goals are getting them. Kane, Soldado, Lamela and Eriksen getting confidence is key for me.

If Poch can get the combative aspect right behind the goal scorers I'll be more confident.

Back
Top Bottom