Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. At least two. Nothing wrong in the way we tried to take our chances first half but keeper did brilliantly. Hojbjerg maybe could have done better with his chance. Kane's header was tough as it was behind him. But playing like this second half we'd have won easily. But we didn't. Resorted to our usual
What about the 2 first half chances Sonny had.
For a player of his ability they were guilt edge chances.
You are taught as a child to head the ball down the keeper would have got nowhere near it had Sonny headed the ball down

What about the 2 first half chances Sonny had.
For a player of his ability they were guilt edge chances

He had one chance. With his quality yes that was guilt edged but any normal player not an easy one. If he had another like that he'd have scored but we created barely fuck all second half

Tuchel's available

doesn't he love Tottenham? (there's some interview given of how much he loves and respects Tottenham)

speaks English..............

He had one chance. With his quality yes that was guilt edged but any normal player not an easy one. If he had another like that he'd have scored but we created barely fuck all second half
What about the 5 yard volley or did you miss that.
Fulham should have been dead and buried by half time.
Second half shit but Sonny still missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper

Son def had two chances in the first half. Then the one in the second.

If he'd scored then well done him but cos he didn't we blaming Jose's system?

The squad needs a revamp but no point doing that if Jose leaves. Just wait for the new manager.
The squad needed a revamp during Poch's last bit and thus before Jose. The squad still needs a revamp during Jose. And if Jose were let go after this long, boring season of making the same mistake the squad will need a revamp after Jose.

If you are not getting my point I'm saying that there is too much dross in this team. There are players here whose ceiling has been elevated in the minds of supporters and the chairman because of the heights scaled during Poch's early time. All of them have a major hole in their game and most have additional major and minor holes that makes their continued presence in the team a self-inflicted wound.

There are marginal and significant gains to be had at most every position on the field. And that wouldn't be because we are getting world class(tm) players in. It would be because the players manning those positions currently are not good enough so just competent footballers would be enough. It doesn't take big money it takes money spent right...not 42M on Davinson Sanchez, or 30M on sissoko, or wasted time and resources on Bale, etc etc.

Jose's football is shit, I never wanted him, and will be glad when he's gone but the players are not good enough. Both things are clearly observable. And Jose needs exceptional individual quality to overcome his shit tactics.

Fuck it. Sorry folks I’ve got to hold my hands up. This is on me tonight. Just got undressed for bed and discovered I’d been wearing a red t shirt under my hoodie all day.

What about the 5 yard volley or did you miss that.
Fulham should have been dead and buried by half time.
Second half shit but Sonny still missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper
Yes I saw that. How would I miss it. He caught it fine but again the keeper saved it. Where was the same desire second half to get forward. Once chance the whole half does not mean we deserved anything.

The squad needed a revamp during Poch's last bit and thus before Jose. The squad still needs a revamp during Jose. And if Jose were let go after this long, boring season of making the same mistake the squad will need a revamp after Jose.

If you are not getting my point I'm saying that there is too much dross in this team. There are players here whose ceiling has been elevated in the minds of supporters and the chairman because of the heights scaled during Poch's early time. All of them have a major hole in their game and most have additional major and minor holes that makes their continued presence in the team a self-inflicted wound.

There are marginal and significant gains to be had at most every position on the field. And that wouldn't be because we are getting world class(tm) players in. It would be because the players manning those positions currently are not good enough so just competent footballers would be enough. It doesn't take big money it takes money spent right...not 42M on Davinson Sanchez, or 30M on sissoko, or wasted time and resources on Bale, etc etc.

Jose's football is shit, I never wanted him, and will be glad when he's gone but the players are not good enough. Both things are clearly observable. And Jose needs exceptional individual quality to overcome his shit tactics.
You're correct on every issue, but blaming the players as shit individually after the game when he picked Sanchez ahead of Toby & Rodon is just poor imo.

Sanchez is a total donkey, but who picked him? Who made him man mark Lookman?

The players are a serious issue, but Jose has amplified a lot of the flaws in the squad with these tactics imo.

At least the narrative on Sanchez has shifted, before you'd get slaughtered if you suggested Sanchez wasn't some sort of Colombian De Ligt who just needed another one or two skill points ala fifa to become world class.

Son def had two chances in the first half. Then the one in the second.

If he'd scored then well done him but cos he didn't we blaming Jose's system?
The best players miss chances. Him and Kane have bailed us out time and again this season. Are they expected to do it every single game? Unless your Messi/Ronaldo level that won't happen.

The best players miss chances. Him and Kane have bailed us out time and again this season. Are they expected to do it every single game? Unless your Messi/Ronaldo level that won't happen.
I agree. The other players need to step up and chip in.

My point, which I'm aware I'm now in danger of spam posting, is that you can't criticise a system for not getting the best of Kane when he's having such a good season.

You're correct on every issue, but blaming the players as shit individually after the game when he picked Sanchez ahead of Toby & Rodon is just poor imo.

Sanchez is a total donkey, but who picked him? Who made him man mark Lookman?

The players are a serious issue, but Jose has amplified a lot of the flaws in the squad with these tactics imo.

At least the narrative on Sanchez has shifted, before you'd get slaughtered if you suggested Sanchez wasn't some sort of Colombian De Ligt who just needed another one or two skill points ala fifa to become world class.
Agree on Sanchez don't know why Toby played against marine just to be rested today, but that is not the reason we failed to win. Jose should be doing a lot better with this team and the starting line up or subs should reflect our superiority over the opposition.

Back
Top Bottom