Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The strikers see the goal and are paid 150k - 200k a week to to put the ball in the net against a team near the bottom of the league when clear cut chances arise

🤷‍♂️
Fine margins. On another day they go in but Jose's tactics are still crap. So you're happy with this brand of football right?

What if we made different subs?
What if we played a different formation?
What if we used different tactics?

Ok good to know your argument is now void
I’m just saying it’s to say what if x did and y did that but if they don’t happen it’s irrelevant. Basically we were 1-0 up at HT missed a few chances in the FH to extend the league. We can’t go back and change that but what can be done is in 2H as the game is unfolding make changes that might stem the tide. At least try to be proactive to see if we could string more than 5 passes together, stop dier just hitting aimless balls up field, start closing down their players, win 2nd balls. All that can be done inflight from the touch line giving instructions. But there was nothing he just let it roll. We had 2 real chance in the 2H otherwise we played nothing football like we did for 90 minutes against Leicester. Where we could have played till the cows come home and still not scored. What most are saying he could tried to be bold and be proactive. To not even use 3 subs and still have sissoko on is criminal. At least go out with a fight not just this pathetic non football. Tell you what Kane and son will miss chances a plenty in other games it happens. If they scored every chance their numbers would be mental. The tactics to sit back does not even work as we very rarely keep a clean sheet. As for goals we’ve hardly troubled the score in the last 6 games except v Leeds. I’m a sure deep down Kane and son will be thinking why I’m I playing more in my own half than the oppositions and why are they getting so few touches of the ball. They will be off unless we win something and not sure Caraboa cuts the mustard.

So talking about changing tactics is also irrelevant because that didn’t happen
BUT IT SHOULD HAVE! We all saw the problems from the moment the team was announced, we saw how sissoko was shite, we saw Fulham grow in confidence and he still didn't change it. He's rubbish and I'd rather see entertaining football not this predictable crap that an uppity championship manager can out think and and outplay. Embarrassing and he's weakened the mentality rather than strengthened.

Ps 3 good results against top teams means fuck all if you don't beat the dross that exists in the lower half....and we will soon join them under Jose.

Now no doubt you'll drag this post up in the future as some kind of evidence that I was wrong because we finished 9th or won the Mickey mouse cup playing the most atrocious type of football and I that's the case, then so be it. You do you man.

Last edited:
Playing in the 'spurs way' and not ever winning anything isnt that attractive either. Not that I disagree with anyone about Jose fucking it up with the over defensive approach.

There was simple and obvious sub to be made at halftime. Take Winks off put Lucas or Berg on and shift Sissoko to the middle. But Jose waits waits waits and then makes terrible subs like taking Ndombele off.
He will still be waiting to put on Bergwjin he was not even on the fucking bench you idiot.
Had he been fit he would have started like he did against Leeds.

Just like Son should have scored.

You’re point is as valid as mine
Not isn't. A striker through on goal should but there are many tiny and infinite factors affecting that. A manager can clearly see what isn't working with his game plan and personnel and tactics and can be proactive to the changes the other side make...and yet time and again Jose doesn't.

Also, statistically, what is son's shots to goals conversion rate? Not 100 % for sure so saying he should have scored is logically and mathematically wrong.

You're clearly being deliberately obtuse as you seem unwilling to acknowledge that Jose makes too many of these errors to justify his 15 mill a year.

Not isn't
Yes it is.

Me: What if Son scored
You: What if we changed tactics

Me: Son should have scored
You: Jose should have changed tactics

Neither happened.
So if my argument is invalid because “he didn’t” then so is yours.

Statistics eh?
Statistically, Jose wins more matches than he draws. Another poor move of the goal post there mate.

Your argument is basically “Jose cost us the match because he should have done better but Son didn’t cost us the match even though it’s him on the pitch with a chance to score a simple one on one (several times)”

As I said, your point is shit, because our tactics created enough to win the match.
You would have a point if Son had no service.

And regarding wages, he hasn’t even been here one season yet. If we finish top 4 with a trophy, then he hasn’t made too many mistakes has he.

Yes it is.

Me: What if Son scored
You: What if we changed tactics

Me: Son should have scored
You: Jose should have changed tactics

Neither happened.
So if my argument is invalid because “he didn’t” then so is yours.

Statistics eh?
Statistically, Jose wins more matches than he draws. Another poor move of the goal post there mate.

Your argument is basically “Jose cost us the match because he should have done better but Son didn’t cost us the match even though it’s him on the pitch with a chance to score a simple one on one (several times)”

As I said, your point is shit, because our tactics created enough to win the match.
You would have a point if Son had no service.

And regarding wages, he hasn’t even been here one season yet. If we finish top 4 with a trophy, then he hasn’t made too many mistakes has he.
No. Your point is shit and I cannot believe you love Jose that much to admit he messed up. He has control, he can see how his team is playing, the performance of his players and how the other team adapt or change their tactics...he has cost us those points thanks to his poor tactics. If I can see what's going wrong why can't a 15 million pound a year so called super coach?

I haven't moved the goalposts at all...that's a shit argument brought up by someone who can't satisfactorily engage in a conversation...I've added other aspects but the goalposts of the discussion are the same...you blame the loss on son, I blame Jose...he definitely wants us to shut up shop when taking a lead and it rarely works and leads to embarrassing results like Fulham.

Again, why doesn't he change anything. You laud him to be some kind of amazing coach (which his history supports) but all good things come to an end and this is his. Overall, I hate his football 'style', his tactics and his team selections bit I concede they may lead to a trophy which I will like but feel unfulfilled by as we have the stars to play a better style of football more akin to that which we love as spurs fans.

Am done now but I enjoyed the discussion so cheers.

How convenient we’ve all forgotten yet another Reguilon fluff too.

“Tactics made him miss the goal from there”

Tactics made us sit back against a shite team when the tide had turned...Jose is apparently great so could have changed things to win the game but was content with sitting back...and it cost us...again!

Back
Top Bottom