Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's Jose's excuse if we fail to see off this relegation fodder at home? Another feast of football entertainment awaits...

Fucking depressed by it all right now.

Very concerned about the absence of our Brazilians, especially with all the Woolwich Brazilians out and rumors of Gabriel’s birthday being a spreader event. We could certainly use both in this congested stretch.

I’d go with:

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Reguilon
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Lamela Ndombele Bergwijn
Kane

Really need some rotation as I think we look a bit tired. But very hard to comfortably take Kane, Son, Hojbjerg, Dier, or Ndombele out of the side at the moment considering the alternatives.

No Winks

No Sissoko

Start Vinny and Bale
At least have the only other available striker on the bench in case Harry has a(nother) stinker. Not hugely fussed by Bale over Son, Bergwijn or Lamela, but fuck me don't cripple yourself by having 3 centre backs on the pitch and another 3 on the bench. PLEASE.

Must win game.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Reguilon
Ndombele Hojbjerg
Lamela Kane Bergwijn
Son

general election uk GIF by BBC

Fulham will sit back, Bale's creativity in the final third could be what we need.

Lloris

Aurier
Alderweireld
Dier
Reguillon

Hojberg
Winks
N'dombele

Bale
Kane
Son

They seemed to have gotten a few clean sheets lately, anyone been watching them play? Are they just parking the bus?

Yeah, they have been really solid at the back this month, only conceded from two penalties in their last four matches.

I wouldn’t say they are parking the bus necessarily, but they don’t have much at all in terms of creativity and their forward options are really poor.

Their midfield is very athletic and active though, a big part of their recent defensive success and they’ve been 3 at the back with relatively cautious wingbacks. They’ll look to play on the counter for the most part.

If we don’t display a little more ambition and creativity, I’d imagine it won‘t be one for the neutrals, especially with the short turnaround.

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Rodon, Reguilon, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Son, Dele, Bergwijn, Kane

Likelihood 0.6% but I'd like to see it.

There is a chance Fulham might score.

We need to sit back, defend, stay organised and try and nick a goal if the opportunity presents itself.

We have to be careful to not try and pass the ball between our players just in case we lose it. Better off letting Fulham have the ball all the time so we can concentrate on our defensive shape.

When Fulham score, don't panic. Don't rush to equilise. Just focus on not letting them score again.

Sigh...

Back
Top Bottom