Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like I said. Happy for him to stay if he changes his methods.

But I can't see it. He's had enough opportunity to demonstrate changes.

I'd like him gone, if his finishes potless and outside top 5, but think we're bonded for another season.

Who knows, maybe tonight will be the catalyst to Levy funding a CB and AM, like the Everton loss.

That might make this unit work if we get Sabitzer for RW/CM (imagine him rather than Sissoko tonight!) and a CB exactly suited to Joses modus (possibly the Madrid Brazilian).

It's easy to forget 14months ago we were a shambles, now we just need a mental adaptation when leading and we may yet still challenge (think they should have a squad NLP session on binding that 0-0 attitude when 1-0 up). So, that mixes my emotions on it a lot.

Agree on Sanchez don't know why Toby played against marine just to be rested today, but that is not the reason we failed to win. Jose should be doing a lot better with this team and the starting line up or subs should reflect our superiority over the opposition.
It just made no sense whatsoever to me. Sanchez has been a calamity for a long time and barely ever manages a game without a massive, collasal fuck up and Toby is clearly our best defender overall (although Dier is in better form right now) so why the fuck is he not playing?

I was reading an article about Son's ridiculous XG. It basically said that it couldn't continue.
It's not that he can't continue finishing with the same efficiency; it's that if he did continue, his stats would make Messi look like a pub team jobber. The obvious implication being that either Son is the new upcoming GOAT by a long distance or he would eventually regress somewhat, with regression being the very much more likely option. Son, this season, has a much better G/xG than Kane and when a long-term trend is briefly bucked with no obvious explanation, it's usually not a new normal.

I've been saying all of this for a long time already. At one point, Son was scoring more shots than not. You don't need advanced stats like xG to tell that such a rate is, in practice, unsustainable.

Unsurprisingly, Son's slowing down to a more normal level, which shouldn't be used as a criticism. People who expected him to continue at the same rate indefinitely had absurd, unrealistic standards. He's great but not "make every other finisher on the planet look like shit" level.

I agree. The other players need to step up and chip in.

My point, which I'm aware I'm now in danger of spam posting, is that you can't criticise a system for not getting the best of Kane when he's having such a good season.
Yeah he is but it's because he's just that good. How we play when chasing the first goal and how we play when that second just doesn't come is different. It impacts their performance unless they pull out a worldie of a pass or goal. But they can easily be marked when we give the opposition do much time or just keep hitting long balls.

The players are a serious issue, but Jose has amplified a lot of the flaws in the squad with these tactics imo.
Yes, ideally you'd want it to work the other direction, greater than the sum of its parts, but Mou has had a knack for making the whole shitter than its shitty parts. But they tell me "winning" will be the salve for our ailments. Looks like draws from 1-0 up is going to have to do.

Jose said "this game was different to the Wolves and Palace because in those games we didn't have the chances to win the game, tonight against Fulham we had enough chances to win the game and I don't remember Lloris having to make a save"

:mourweird:

Fuck it. Sorry folks I’ve got to hold my hands up. This is on me tonight. Just got undressed for bed and discovered I’d been wearing a red t shirt under my hoodie all day.
Fucking schoolboy error. I have one red item of clothing which is an England shirt I can wear during tournaments.

Yes, ideally you'd want it to work the other direction, greater than the sum of its parts, but Mou has had a knack for making the whole shitter than its shitty parts. But they tell me "winning" will be the salve for our ailments. Looks like draws from 1-0 up is going to have to do.
Yeah I was encouraged to see how we were improving in the first 1-2 months of the season but the last couple of weeks have been really worrying to me.

I also can't understand how Levy could justify buying another 50m defender when we've got Gedson, Vinicius, GLC, Doherty and Rodon just rotting away on the bench. Ndombele wasn't exactly an instant success either - something is seriously off with our recruitment, even our big hit in Reguilon admits he'd go back to Madrid if they wanted him, but at least he's performing at a very high level.

We have very little attacking quality on our bench tonight.
Dele poor for 2 years sell.
Moura poor sell.
Vinicius should have been on sooner.
Bergwijn injured.
Bale finished at this level.
Who else do we have
Bale, Alli, and Moura were on the bench. I don’t want to hear excuses. They are better options than fucking Onomah, who was Parker’s third sub.

And if the club sold players based on this board’s recommendations, Ndombele wouldn’t be with us.

ErpjUK9XcAgIEZK
What the fuck happened to our shape in the second half??

My nan would win domestic trophies as manager of PSG in the French league.....

I think I said as much when he got the job and good luck to him. But that's not a high bar.
Strawman argument my friend. I was told angrily that he would never win a trophy!
He did it in 3 games.
They didn't say unless he goes to psg my friend.
Your reply is a different argument all together about the strength of the french league.

We had 4 chances and converted 1. That is an excellent percentage.
Diers freekick 25 yards out first 15min
Hojbjerg “strike”
Kane goal
Sons header first half
Sons toe from 6 yards out from a cross
Sons one on one hit post
Winks shot 35yards from corner
Sissoko dribble past a couple into 6 yard box couldn’t find a pass to son or Kane or take shot. Minute 46
Reguilon 87min offside goal

These were all decent/good opportunities to score. 2 would have done, how many do they want, maybe a bit of luck.

People acting like we played the same way both halves are fucking high.

The goal came from the right as well, not in the space Reguilon gave up behind him.

Very good first half shape and passing patterns, though.
I don't know what happened at half time that caused our shape to from a perfect one where we were creating chances and looking steady...to Sissoko up front, Reguilon left strike and Kane CDM.

Back
Top Bottom