Tottenham vs Liverpool (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bruce+Lee+calm.gif

One positive development from yesterday's trainwreck was Dembele handling RM duties

I thought he did a fine job. Yeah, we lost width , but how many times did he have the ball on the wing w/ a ton of space and was able to skin a few players as he dribbled into the CM from right to left ?

Walker had a brain-fuck.

Defoe meant to kick it backwards over his head, but miskicked it so it went forward.

Overall, I would put a ton more on Walker then Defoe.

Defoe screwed up, but obviously wasn't trying to kick the ball that direction
vs
Walker who had a ton of time and actually kicks the ball intentionally there. The worst part was the very fact it was 2-1 and Spurs looked so comfortable at that point. It completely changed that game around.

Walker has been so disappointing all year & somebody needs to tell him that defense comes first, especially in these types of big games. Vs the minnows , i have much less of a problem when he wants to involve himself in the attack.

I think Bale is being told not to do too much defensively too conserve his energy for quick breaks.
If he's being told that, he needs to be untold it! the boy has shown on more than one occasion that he's capable of running up and down the wing for more than 90mins and we need that! If he's to continue to play as a CAM he needs to get his hands dirty as well, cause at the moment we're trying to defend with 9 men when we're organised...

Fuck yeah, from what I heat Mr Filth is trying to catch him up too. Can't wait to see that!
Are you about to slow roast Thelonius? Not very spursy, although with Carlito poaching people (possibly in a white wine vinegar - rumours as yet unconfirmed) maybe cooking each other is the way to go.

If you had to eat another human how would you cook them?

Are you about to slow roast Thelonius? Not very spursy, although with Carlito poaching people (possibly in a white wine vinegar - rumours as yet unconfirmed) maybe cooking each other is the way to go.

If you had to eat another human how would you cook them?
I like my meat cooked blue...so very very rare, seasoned and maybe a little cognac reduction on the side

One positive development from yesterday's trainwreck was Dembele handling RM duties

I thought he did a fine job. Yeah, we lost width , but how many times did he have the ball on the wing w/ a ton of space and was able to skin a few players as he dribbled into the CM from right to left ?
Functionally zero, because he spent all of his time at CM, leaving a ton of space on the wing, skinning players left and right, holding up the ball -- and making Livermore completely anonymous -- and leaving Walker to be both RB and RM.

Dembele had a fucking outstanding game, but never once did I watch the play of the game and tell myself "Dembele is playing on the right today, that's interesting." Instead, my recurring thought was "Dembele is playing exactly where he always does, which means Livermore has no role in this game, and our width on the right hand side is reliant on Walker's pace down the flank."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Walker should have started at RM, with Naughton given a (first?) Spurs start at his natural position, if only to test out both of their capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom