Tottenham vs Liverpool (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Functionally zero, because he spent all of his time at CM, leaving a ton of space on the wing, skinning players left and right, holding up the ball -- and making Livermore completely anonymous -- and leaving Walker to be both RB and RM.

Dembele had a fucking outstanding game, but never once did I watch the play of the game and tell myself "Dembele is playing on the right today, that's interesting." Instead, my recurring thought was "Dembele is playing exactly where he always does, which means Livermore has no role in this game, and our width on the right hand side is reliant on Walker's pace down the flank."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Walker should have started at RM, with Naughton given a (first?) Spurs start at his natural position, if only to test out both of their capabilities.

I think that POV has a ton of merit. Walker moves up, keep dembele in the middle and let Naughton play RB.

Of course, the downside, Walker gets his taste of the attack (like Bale did back in the day) and wants no part of the RB position.

Very politely.
you are a very courteous chef clearly.

Would you shave first or remove skin.

I like my meat cooked blue...so very very rare, seasoned and maybe a little cognac reduction on the side

Are you suggesting we eat the boy band 'blue'?

Hmm, could be onto something here, it is one way for them to pay for their crimes against music.

Be a waste of cognac though, maybe some cheap french calvados would be more appropriate.

you are a very courteous chef clearly.

Would you shave first or remove skin.

Are you suggesting we eat the boy band 'blue'?

Hmm, could be onto something here, it is one way for them to pay for their crimes against music.

Be a waste of cognac though, maybe some cheap french calvados would be more appropriate.

Eat the boy band Blue? Fucking deviant

Eat the boy band Blue? Fucking deviant
By all means cook them first, or have them made into crispy pancakes.

But you have to admit there is an upside.

And I am deliberately ignoring your mind in the gutter Mr Phil, you deviant, I know not what you mean by your statement.

If he's being told that, he needs to be untold it! the boy has shown on more than one occasion that he's capable of running up and down the wing for more than 90mins and we need that! If he's to continue to play as a CAM he needs to get his hands dirty as well, cause at the moment we're trying to defend with 9 men when we're organised...

If him playing at 80% effort means he can play every minute of every game (with his current return of goals and assists) rather than playing at 100% effort and having to be rested or missing games through injury (with his previous return of goals and assists) - are you seriously telling me you'd prefer the latter?

If him playing at 80% effort means he can play every minute of every game (with his current return of goals and assists) rather than playing at 100% effort and having to be rested or missing games through injury (with his previous return of goals and assists) - are you seriously telling me you'd prefer the latter?
Nop, but then I would prefer him to play as the striker, cause defending with 9men in this league is hazardous at best...

Yesterday's result is a strange one. We were the better team against a decent Liverpool side and but for really stupid individual mistakes would have gotten a point at worse but really all three should have been taken.

I'm not sure entirely what can be said on the training ground aside from "take your head out of your arse".

That it is the two players who I would expect to make mistakes is of more concern. Our full backs are so painfully inconsistent that it is a cause for concern. Concentration being both players significant weakness.

That said, I felt less confident about this game than City at home or Chelsea away - if that means anything.

The way they are carrying on today, anybody would swear that the scousers won the fucking league.

:avbnaa:

To take a positive from it, it shows how far we've come. The fact they are so happy to have beaten Tottenham Hotspur, through 2 defensive bloopers, at Anfield, says a lot about the 2 clubs' standings.

Functionally zero, because he spent all of his time at CM, leaving a ton of space on the wing, skinning players left and right, holding up the ball -- and making Livermore completely anonymous -- and leaving Walker to be both RB and RM.

Dembele had a fucking outstanding game, but never once did I watch the play of the game and tell myself "Dembele is playing on the right today, that's interesting." Instead, my recurring thought was "Dembele is playing exactly where he always does, which means Livermore has no role in this game, and our width on the right hand side is reliant on Walker's pace down the flank."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Walker should have started at RM, with Naughton given a (first?) Spurs start at his natural position, if only to test out both of their capabilities.

Just pedantry but I think Naughton started at RB away to Fulham.

It is his natural position, and if I remember correctly he had a good game that night.

Back
Top Bottom