Tottenham Vs Ludogorets, Europa League - Thurs 26th Nov - KO 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really need dier saving his legs for the chavs imo

surely we can put out a competent enough back 4 without him for this fixture
Have some doubts, Reguilon won't play, so Davies in the left is a given unless Mourinho decide to play a youngster there and Davies at CB. We also have just Aurier for the RB, that should be rested for Chelsea as should Dier. Don't know what Mourinho will do but seems a good game to give Cirkin an opportunity on the LB.

Have some doubts, Reguilon won't play, so Davies in the left is a given unless Mourinho decide to play a youngster there and Davies at CB. We also have just Aurier for the RB, that should be rested for Chelsea as should Dier. Don't know what Mourinho will do but seems a good game to give Cirkin an opportunity on the LB.
Surely Dav and Ben in the centre have enough about them to marshal tanganga and Cirkin either side of them

In theory this should be a comfortable night but I prefer to err on the side of caution and have people on the bench who can raise it if it's not all going to plan.

Someone else said earlier that injury is less likely in a game like this but that's clearly nonsense, given people get injured in training ground incidents never mind a competitive game where the opposition are maybe fractionally slower of mind and ability and may have a willingness to rough us up a bit.

I would try not to start Dier, PEH, Tanguy, Son and Kane but have all available if needed off the bench.

These lot are a poor man's Plovdiv, we shouldn't pick anyone who'll start against Chelsea. We should have enough to beat them easily even with a second string team out.

We play the Chavs at half four the following Sunday. They play Tuesday so will have 2 days extra rest. Could do with 'none' of our 'first team' featuring so they're fully rested. With that in mind...

Hart

Tanganga - Sanchez - Davies - Cirkin

Winks - Lo Celso (25')

Bale - Dele - Moura (17')

Vinnie-v2​

Those players should be beating frigging Ludogorets. Not sure that will be the team our manager picks though.

Either way, Dier, Sissoko and NDombele shouldn't even bring their boots

No Rodon?
I have a cunning plan....

We give Rodders a ridiculously hair-gelled barnet and get him to speak in a sing-song Flemish accent, claiming a miraculous recovery if necessary. After 70+ minutes he feigns a similar injury to Toby's and gets stretchered off. In the changing rooms, Toby is waiting on the treatment table.

They're Bulgarians for god's sake, they'll never realise

Last edited:
We play the Chavs at half four the following Sunday. They play Tuesday so will have 2 days extra rest. Could do with 'none' of our 'first team' featuring so they're fully rested. With that in mind...

Hart

Tanganga - Sanchez - Davies - Cirkin

Winks - Lo Celso (25')

Bale - Dele - Moura (17')

Vinnie-v2​

Those players should be beating frigging Ludogorets. Not sure that will be the team our manager picks though.

Either way, Dier, Sissoko and NDombele shouldn't even bring their boots

That's how I'd set it up as well, let Aurier, Reggie and Dier have a rest. Rodon can't play anyway, so should be ready for Chavs.

In my opinion, we should have these players on the pitch:

Hart;
Tanganga, Sanchez and Davies;
Winks, Lo Celso;
Bale, Lucas;
Vinicius.

Then we need to find a solution for the RB position - assuming we want to preserve Aurier for Chelsea. And we also need one more player for a midfield/attacking midfield role. Lo Celso could play deeper - next to Winks - or as a 10 as a result of this choice.

My first instinct would be playing Lo Celso next to Winks - and one of Dele Alli or Lamela (if he´s fit) as a 10. The only problem here is that Jose tried this against Antwerp and the result was a disaster. I´m not saying it would happen again, I´m saying he might think twice.

If Lamela is available, then I would play him as a 10. The only question mark would remain in relation to the RB position. Just saw a post by Fattynomates Fattynomates in which he mentioned Cirkin as a option. That could work. Tanganga (RB), Sanchez, Davies (LCB) and Cirkin.

Last edited:
In my opinion, we should have these players on the pitch:

Hart;
Tanganga, Sanchez and Davies;
Winks, Lo Celso;
Bale, Lucas;
Vinicius.

Then we need to find a solution for the RB position - assuming we want to preserve Aurier for Chelsea. And we also need one more player for a midfield/attacking midfield role. Lo Celso could play deeper - next to Winks - or as a 10 as a result of this choice.

My first instinct would be playing Lo Celso next to Winks - and one of Dele Alli or Lamela (if he´s fit) as a 10. The only problem here is that Jose tried this against Antwerp and the result was a disaster. I´m not saying it would happen again, I´m saying he might think twice.

If Lamela is available, then I would play him as a 10. The only question mark would remain in relation to the RB position. Just saw a post by Fattynomates Fattynomates in which he mentioned Cirkin as a option. That could work. Tanganga (RB), Sanchez, Davies (LCB) and Cirkin.
Which 2 got sent off ?

Back
Top Bottom