Tottenham Vs Ludogorets, Europa League - Thurs 26th Nov - KO 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my opinion, we should have these players on the pitch:

Hart;
Tanganga, Sanchez and Davies;
Winks, Lo Celso;
Bale, Lucas;
Vinicius.

Then we need to find a solution for the RB position - assuming we want to preserve Aurier for Chelsea. And we also need one more player for a midfield/attacking midfield role. Lo Celso could play deeper - next to Winks - or as a 10 as a result of this choice.

My first instinct would be playing Lo Celso next to Winks - and one of Dele Alli or Lamela (if he´s fit) as a 10. The only problem here is that Jose tried this against Antwerp and the result was a disaster. I´m not saying it would happen again, I´m saying he might think twice.

If Lamela is available, then I would play him as a 10. The only question mark would remain in relation to the RB position. Just saw a post by Fattynomates Fattynomates in which he mentioned Cirkin as a option. That could work. Tanganga (RB), Sanchez, Davies (LCB) and Cirkin.

If approaching fitness again, I'd 100% save Lamela so he's nice and fresh for whatever role he's likely to play against the Chavs.

Playing the racists just isn't the same without Coco spreading the love.

If approaching fitness again, I'd 100% save Lamela so he's nice and fresh for whatever role he's likely to play against the Chavs.

Playing the racists just isn't the same without Coco spreading the love.
Hard to disagree.

That leave us with Dele Alli as a 10 - or Lo Celso as a 10, with another hard working midfielder next to Winks. Again, I would go with Lo Celso playing a bit deeper, but if we use cirkin as a LB, I can see Jose opting for a more conservative midfield.

Do not want to see Kane, Son, Ndombele or Hoijberg anywhere near this game, not even on the bench. Our B team should be able to get the job done and if they can’t, serious questions marks will come up in January for those players

Jose has been very smart managing the fitness of Ndombele and GLC so both will feature in both this game and v Chelsea and no problem. Likely GLC starts. Hart or Lloris no big deal either way.
That just leaves the other nine!
Aurier and Davies. Doherty and Reggie for Chelsea.
99% Bale, Sanchez and Lucas will start.
Winks also if fit. PEH for Chelsea.
I reckon Jose gives Dele a chance.
Vinicius or Kane?
Then it's either Dier or Tanganga or possibly Cirkin playing LB and Davies CB

Jose has been very smart managing the fitness of Ndombele and GLC so both will feature in both this game and v Chelsea and no problem. Likely GLC starts. Hart or Lloris no big deal either way.
That just leaves the other nine!
Aurier and Davies. Doherty and Reggie for Chelsea.
99% Bale, Sanchez and Lucas will start.
Winks also if fit. PEH for Chelsea.
I reckon Jose gives Dele a chance.
Vinicius or Kane?
Then it's either Dier or Tanganga or possibly Cirkin playing LB and Davies CB
Vinicius will start. This is at home against really poor oponent

This is precisely the type of game we need a squad for...

It's not about taking Ludograts lightly, or 'disrespect' it's about managing the entire week as a 2-game double header...
With Chelsea having 48hrs more prep time for the weekend than us (and even taking into account they are in France tomorrow) you can bet your shit they'll be prioritising Sunday too...
We CAN win on Thursday with a host of changes.... our squad SHOULD have enough quality.... but having said that, I wouldn't fancy our chances on Sunday with anything less than the strongest line up possible...

We'll already be without Toby AND Doherty this week.... we need everyone else to be fit and ready for Sunday....
Thursday should be well within the capabilities of MOST of our Squad players.

Rodon? :mourcheeks:

Hmh, hes inelegible

Also Physioroom has Tanganga on 25% probability to be fit on thursday

Japhet Tanganga is shown in the training pictures on OS on Thursday and reported in training on 4 November (see his thread), so in practical terms I'd imagine its a lot higher than 25% chance he will appear on Thursday if he's been back in training for 3 weeks or so - even if its not for the full 90 mins

I agree with 1882, if you are in EPL squad you should look a good player in the EL league, but we have seen in some of the other match how many of the sqaud would be u to EPL matches when they can't get it up playing these "lower" teams

I agree with 1882, if you are in EPL squad you should look a good player in the EL league, but we have seen in some of the other match how many of the sqaud would be u to EPL matches when they can't get it up playing these "lower" teams

It's more complicated than that though..... We're not likely to play an outright B team in the EPL save for drastic circumstances.....

Can (eg) Lucas, Lamela, Doherty, Davies do a shift in our first XL when required? Yes.

Mass rotation and the psychology of playing so-called lesser (yet highly motivated) teams is where the additional challenge arises

Last edited:
Interested to see what happens at CB here with Sanchez probably auditioning for a spot beside Dier on Sunday. If he can have a composed game I'd expect him to play vs Chelsea.

Hart
Tanganga - Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - Winks - Lo Celso
Bale - Vinicius - Lucas
2-0

Need to rest key players for Stamford Bridge. Can't afford Aurier picking up an injury with Doherty out for that game. Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Kane and Son all get deserved rests too after the mammoth performances they just put in and Bale gets some more minutes under his belt too.
This line-up should be enough. But I am afraid that all four (Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Kane and Son) will be involved (for 30-45 minutes each).

I know this trophy is important to us, but surely he has to rest Son and Kane for this?

We are seeing players all around the league dropping like flies with muscle injuries (see Toby) we can't afford that to happen to Kane or Son so they should be wrapped in cotton wool.

We must have enough to beat Ludo without risking them?

Interested to see what happens at CB here with Sanchez probably auditioning for a spot beside Dier on Sunday. If he can have a composed game I'd expect him to play vs Chelsea.

Be interested to see what happens to Ludogorets CB's as 2 have covid and a 3rd is injured apparently?

well, would not be a first time this season, to get pass without playing a game.
would not mind it happening again :thumbup:

But we are Spurs, aren't we :D so most likely they will call pairing of 16-year-old academy product and 44-year-old retired player into CB and they will not make a single mistake. Game ends in 0:0 or in best case scenario we will find winning goal from 25 meters out into a top corner... situation where CBs had no chance of avoiding the shot 😂

Back
Top Bottom