Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele in at the 10 prevents a Winkssoko midfield if Hojbjerg is out. Son and Davies have played every match for 90 minutes and need a rest.

So I'd expect:

Lloris
Doherty-Toby-Dier-Reguilon
Sissoko-Lo Celso
Lucas-Dele-Bergwijn
Kane

Dele in at the 10 prevents a Winkssoko midfield if Hojbjerg is out. Son and Davies have played every match for 90 minutes and need a rest.

So I'd expect:

Lloris
Doherty-Toby-Dier-Reguilon
Sissoko-Lo Celso
Lucas-Dele-Bergwijn
Kane
Son has to play. And will do so.

Saint Maximin has incredible pace and can really do some damage if he is given space. If we play Doherty; we are likely to leave huge gaps on the right; which Toby won't be able to make up for with his pace. My preference would be for Aurier to play - but after giving 90 yesterday; probably won't happen.

For the most part they will likely sit back and take their chances with long balls and set pieces. If we can mark Almiron out of the game; they will lose their ability to create anything from midfield.

With Toby's lack of pace and his recent lapses in aerial duels; I'd go Dier and Sanchez. We really need Sanchez pace if we intend to push out and leave gaps.

Sissoko is well rested and an ideal fit for this game. Should be able to keep Almiron quiet in midfield; and shift the ball to GLC to take further up.

Do we start Son and rest him if we are in the lead; or start him on the bench? Certainly due a rest.

Is Holjberg out?

If so....

---------------------Lloris---------------------
Doherty------Sanchez---Toby-------Reguillon
-----------------Winks----Sissoko------------
----------------------Lo'Celso------------------
-----Bergwijn-------------------------Son-----
------------------------Kane--------------------

The following 3 games are more important. I think Son will be on the bench (can’t afford for him to get injured), whilst players who did well will be rewarded, so Aurier over Doherty, Reguilon over Davies, Toby rested for Chelsea, Bergwijn dropped, maybe Lamela and Moura starting. Thought Dele did ok yesterday, maybe he starts?

Hugo
Doherty - Toby - Dier - Reguillon
Hojbjerg - Ndombele - GLC
Lucas* - Kane - Son

(Would like Coco or Bergwijn instead of Lucas but anyway)

2-0. Newcastle are solid defensively. Shut down Saint-Maximin and we're good.

Maximin is maxim-out! injured at the weekend and still out I believe

No change of a Reggie start here. Too important a game to throw him in straight away, on the other hand, it would give their right side food for thought as he would be unpredictable and far more dynamic than Davies.

PEH GLC TN'D would be fabulous to see, but I think Tanguy ran his race this week in Macedonia. Probably wont get more than 30. I always like to be proved wrong.

Isnt it fantastic to see a squad full of options though! With potentially 2 more to come before next weekend we are more stocked than a fatmans fridge.

No change of a Reggie start here. Too important a game to throw him in straight away, on the other hand, it would give their right side food for thought as he would be unpredictable and far more dynamic than Davies.

PEH GLC TN'D would be fabulous to see, but I think Tanguy ran his race this week in Macedonia. Probably wont get more than 30. I always like to be proved wrong.

Isnt it fantastic to see a squad full of options though! With potentially 2 more to come before next weekend we are more stocked than a fatmans fridge.
There's fuck all in my fridge.

:angryscouser:

I really don't want to see Winks and Sissoko both starting as the heart of our midfield! Will we see Son getting a rest? I think we will also have to consider whoever plays Sunday wont be able to play Tuesday, Thursday and then Sunday again against United. I would start Son and Kane Sunday and then have them on the bench Tuesday and Thursday ready to start again sunday, Same goes for Gio and Ndombele.

-----------------------LLoris-------------------
Doherty- -- Sanchez-----Dier------Reggie
-------------------Hjojberg-------------------
----------GLC---------------Ndombele -----
Bergwijn----------Kane--------------Son---

Although im pretty sure Jose will start Lucas in place of Bergwijn and winks or sissoko instead of Ndombele

Can we swap Saint-Maxim for Lamela and Lucas please? The lad looks class.

(I have a huge soft spot for both Lamela and Lucas and I'll be a sad boy when they leave).

It’s almost a shame that Ndombele got the full 90 because I doubt he will start this one. If Hojberg is out then I would prefer to see a Tanguy/Sissoko midfield with Lo Celso ahead of them, but I’m guessing it will be winks/sissoko.

Back
Top Bottom