Tottenham Vs Nottingham Forest - Sunday 7th April, 6pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham will...

• Total voters
You're talking about that punch on Yates?

I mean, that Forest lad is a right mug, but yeah that was proper silly from Mads...had he been sent off, there wouldn't have been much to complain about.

That said, where's the 2nd yellow for Yates asking the ref to go watch the screen. According to the rulebook, that's an automatic yellow. But refs keep taking liberties and it's ridiculous how nobody intervenes in such instances.
I don't really think we can complain about Yates not getting a second Yellow, when Maddison has got away with what could have been a straight Red. It doesn't have to be a haymaker to be regarded as violent conduct.

Personally, I think the ref has managed that quite well. According to the commentary, those 2 were at each other all game, he just let them get on with it.

By the letter of the law, both should have gone, but I'm glad we're not seeing Reds for what was ultimately handbags.

You're talking about that punch on Yates?

I mean, that Forest lad is a right mug, but yeah that was proper silly from Mads...had he been sent off, there wouldn't have been much to complain about.

That said, where's the 2nd yellow for Yates asking the ref to go watch the screen. According to the rulebook, that's an automatic yellow. But refs keep taking liberties and it's ridiculous how nobody intervenes in such instances.
Madders was very lucky.

However, Yates could get away with triple murder. Referees seems to forget about second yellows when it comes to him and Paulinha.

Thoroughly enjoyed our goals today, but it can be tough viewing watching us try through the middle.

Rarely take shots (beside Biss being given that directive today, seemingly... the player with 0 Tottenham goals to his name), very few forward players with decent hold-up play (we do seem very slight in the strength aspect), and not much in the way of creative vision beyond a stuttering Maddison.

We're on the right track but there is plenty of room to improve on the pitch.
Watching it on the old replay now, just reached HT.

The first 20 or so minutes, I think we did okay upfront. Werner put in a few crosses, one of which Brennan really should've buried but put it on the keeper (as vs Luton). Biss played some decent passes and also had a few shots, which was a surprise.

Just needed Mads to find that incisive pass but that Forest box is so crowded. Sonny not his day, didn't really bring anything to the table...but that type of 9 ain't his game. Porro & BJ not creating enough on the right. Sarr lacking legs (or back).

That Forest equalizer killed our momentum. The reds could easily have led by 1 or 2 at the half.

Again played well in patches and scored a couple of great goals in quick succession which we seem to do a lot.
We are doing fine but I really think there needs to be either two 6's rather than two 8's or hold a FB deeper in midfield in possession to cover counters better - that goal they scored was a joke and Udogie needs to wise up. Unless we get a Kante level CM we can't leave one 6 covering that space its ridiculous.
When Bissouma is good hes very good but we need a replacement I am sad to say. He is better suited to rotating at 8 because he aint doing what we need him to do deeper.
Bentancur has to start next weekend and Gio and Hojberg have both done well coming on too tbf - Sarr is obvs struggling with that niggle he has.

All to play for still and that NLD (which I managed to get tix for!) is huge - we have to play out of our skins to stop those cunts, nothing to lose.

So I’ve only been to 2 in the new stadium so I don’t have anything other than personal experience.

My experience was both times were quieter. What’s your experience of the 2?

Been twice to the new stadium one was West Ham away before the Ajax match (atmosphere was pretty dead) the other one was Red Star at home and Bournemouth at home in 2019 (not bad)

The old stadium I've been to a few matches where the atmosphere was similar to the above.

But then again both stadiums have had different occasions, the Inter match at home in the CL was said to be up there amongst the best it's been, but you can say the same for the Arse game at home 3-0 in the new stadium.

I thought it was an enjoyable game and we deserved to win, although Forest gave us a few 'heart-in-the-mouth' moments.
Micky MOTM by a country mile, but I thought PEH and Hot Rod did a good job when they came on.
Madders was a shade lucky to stay on, but it really was hardly a punch, and Yates making a meal of it probably swayed the ref. Funny how the high tackle on Gio didn't get the same scrutiny.
Three points in the bag and we need to keep the momentum going (and keep everything crossed that Woolwich Wanderers come unstuck very soon).
Exactly! One is a potential season-ender, the other is a slap on the belly. Which one is 'serious foul play'? If Madders had gone and not that forest fouler, I'd have been livid.

People who complain about the atmosphere need to understand that football and those attending have changed for every club over the years.
In the 80's/90's grounds were full of working class men willing to sing their arses off for 90 mins.. Nowadays the cost of tickets attracts a different type of fan.
On top of that, the teams that turn up with no intention of playing football and are only interested in stopping us playing can take the feel good factor away.
Teams like Luton and Forest are not going to make for a great spectacle hence the down turn in fans excitement. It's really hard to get nervous and excited with these games.
Wait till 28th April if you want to hear proper atmosphere.

Anfield is exactly the same as is Old Trafford, was there an electric atmosphere against their biggest rivals yesterday?
What is the atmosphere like at the Etihad? they expect their team to win comfortably every game which takes away the nervous energy.
Anyone been to the London stadium? or the Emirates?

Thinking every game is going to be non stop singing is delusional and way off the mark of todays football fans.

The price of tickets and the matchday experience has priced out the old style of football fan forever.

Those that sit at home watching but moaning about the atmosphere, feel free to come along and show us how it's done.

It can feel like a one-way street sometimes... The performance has to generate the atmosphere, rather than the other way around...

Two example cases m'lud;

If the atmosphere is there from the 'off' (like, say Goodison - sometimes - or St. James's Park) that still doesn't guarantee a winning performance... if anything, almost the opposite!

Yet if it's deathly quiet (like the Emirates, except when they win) it can somehow inexplicably trigger a title push!!!

Go figure?

I'd say we're somewhere in between...
The Old (and New) stadium has been rocking sometimes... But the orchestrated 'fake-generated' atmosphere like the light show, DJ etc. still doesn't sit right with me...
I do like the trumpet start though, it gives me goosebumps and gets a lot of people singing together. However, it's not always maintained, especially if we start slow. It's definitely better than last season though!
Good to see you yesterday :)

Eze...looks doable especially if you look at the issues Maddison has had and Locelso very likely sold to Spain Hojbjerg maybe Italy. But its going to take us up to 70 million but with at least 30m back from Gio it becomes a possibility. Eze is a good character well liked and with ECL football to offer sharing Madders mins looks feasible. Then its about the game changing wide forward. Fullback cover and potentially LCB. We need Paratici in full Hesenberg mode.
30m for Gio? I doubt we’ll even get 15.
Dude is just not fit enough and for the most part has not wanted to be part of the club. Its been frustrating to watch him work harder to stay fit for Villarreal and Argentina than for us.

Obviously I hope he can play well while he remains with us but I can’t see anyone looking at him and wanting to spunk serious money.

I do like the trumpet start though, it gives me goosebumps and gets a lot of people singing together. However, it's not always maintained, especially if we start slow. It's definitely better than last season though!
Good to see you yesterday :)
marlon brando 2014 movies GIF

Been twice to the new stadium one was West Ham away before the Ajax match (atmosphere was pretty dead) the other one was Red Star at home and Bournemouth at home in 2019 (not bad)

The old stadium I've been to a few matches where the atmosphere was similar to the above.

But then again both stadiums have had different occasions, the Inter match at home in the CL was said to be up there amongst the best it's been, but you can say the same for the Arse game at home 3-0 in the new stadium.

You saw West Ham away in the new stadium?

I get you though, the Arse game was what caused them to melt down. I think the hope of top 4 helped that atmosphere.

Start of this season you could hear the atmos through the tv because we were flying and there was hope.

You saw West Ham away in the new stadium?

I get you though, the Arse game was what caused them to melt down. I think the hope of top 4 helped that atmosphere.

Start of this season you could hear the atmos through the tv because we were flying and there was hope.

Obvs meant home

The stadium is designed to get the most out of the atmosphere but now we have more tourists and casuals so the noise was always going to drop.

Also when we play these bus parkers they stifle the match and frustrate us so there's an air of anxiety in the air as we aren't playing free flowing football.

One of the things I noticed in the first half yesterday was there seemed to be a little needle between Madds and TIno. (Madds towards Tino) . Also Son threw his arms up a few times.

Sort it in the fucking dressing room. Encourages the enemy on the pitch. just don't like it.

One of the things I noticed in the first half yesterday was there seemed to be a little needle between Madds and TIno. (Madds towards Tino) . Also Son threw his arms up a few times.

Sort it in the fucking dressing room. Encourages the enemy on the pitch. just don't like it.
100 GIF by StubHub

People who complain about the atmosphere need to understand that football and those attending have changed for every club over the years.
In the 80's/90's grounds were full of working class men willing to sing their arses off for 90 mins.. Nowadays the cost of tickets attracts a different type of fan.
On top of that, the teams that turn up with no intention of playing football and are only interested in stopping us playing can take the feel good factor away.
Teams like Luton and Forest are not going to make for a great spectacle hence the down turn in fans excitement. It's really hard to get nervous and excited with these games.
Wait till 28th April if you want to hear proper atmosphere.

Anfield is exactly the same as is Old Trafford, was there an electric atmosphere against their biggest rivals yesterday?
What is the atmosphere like at the Etihad? they expect their team to win comfortably every game which takes away the nervous energy.
Anyone been to the London stadium? or the Emirates?

Thinking every game is going to be non stop singing is delusional and way off the mark of todays football fans.

The price of tickets and the matchday experience has priced out the old style of football fan forever.

Those that sit at home watching but moaning about the atmosphere, feel free to come along and show us how it's done.

Our fans react to effort from our players. And more often than not, all we see is sideways passing which kills the atmosphere.
As soon as we get in the box and have actual chances the volume goes up. It seems to be us as fans reacting to the players, rather than the players reacting to the fans.

Back
Top Bottom