Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Potentially too dangerous to try to evict 200 hostile fans, so better to allow them to stay.

My issue isn't letting them stay, it's the double standards when we see our own kicked out for doing nowhere near as much that's against the rules.

They were in the stadium when banned, they were in the HOME section, they were constantly standing etc.

If this had happened in Spain or Italy, what would the stewards and police have done? Something should have been done about it, either that or our club needs to be lenient with its own supporters more than they have been as well

My issue isn't letting them stay, it's the double standards when we see our own kicked out for doing nowhere near as much that's against the rules.

They were in the stadium when banned, they were in the HOME section, they were constantly standing etc.

If this had happened in Spain or Italy, what would the stewards and police have done? Something should have been done about it, either that or our club needs to be lenient with its own supporters more than they have been as well

From a practical point of view it's easier to deal with a handful of supporters, not so if there are 200, and that's the difference and reason for the disparity in treatment.

I understand some left the 200 at HT, possibly to get a beer, were apprehended and thrown out if the stadium.

Abroad, I don't know but although the stewards might have been more rough, I suspect with that number they would have been left for the match. Not sure if treatment as they left though....

I feel this is a disgrace for Tottenham, I am aware that it would of been problematic to remove a large group of people, however, I think Tottenham made the completely wrong choice.

What kind of message does this send in regards to the punishments for racist behaviour?

Does this deter fans after being banned from trying it again? Certainly not, it will encourage them to still travel and it will be ok.

UEFA and the premier league are correctly making a big push trying to make racist behaviour unnaceptable.

Their punishment by UEFA for repeated racist abuse was a banning of attending this match.

If the punishments are not enforced, this is weak and unnaceptable in my opinion.

I did not see or hear the fans on the night yesterday doing anything wrong, but this is beside the point and irrelevant. They were aware of the banning order, and sadly even if they were behaving well these punishments for serious offences previously must be acted upon.

I am very disappointed with Tottenham’s decision, and what UEFA will do, or should I say not do about this.

Why were they allowed to stay and given their own section after being identified? Shouldn't have been allowed when actual Spurs fans ALLOWED into the stadium get ejected for standing etc

Right'o.
I'm sure you feel 'REAL SPURS' by saying things like that though.
It was very impressive.
Well I’ve supported them since I was 7, I’ve been going since I was 8 and I’ve devoted many thousands of hours to following this ridiculous club (not to mention many, many thousands of pounds). It’s not for me to say I’m ‘real Spurs’, but I feel I’ve put in the mileage. That is my stance - that’s where I get off.

I am disappointed I have got on the wrong side of you, but it’s only a silly football forum. I’m sure we can work together.

Cheers Mamps.

Well I’ve supported them since I was 7, I’ve been going since I was 8 and I’ve devoted many thousands of hours to following this ridiculous club (not to mention many, many thousands of pounds). It’s not for me to say I’m ‘real Spurs’, but I feel I’ve put in the mileage. That is my stance - that’s where I get off.

I am disappointed I have got on the wrong side of you, but it’s only a silly football forum. I’m sure we can work together.

Cheers Mamps.

It's all good - I only have sympathy for fellow Spurs fans, not snobbery.

I started supporting England during Italia 90, and my favourite players were Spurs. So the next season onwards I was Spurs.

A lot of time, money and family planning is dictated by Tottenham. I know the feeling.

Coys!

I feel this is a disgrace for Tottenham, I am aware that it would of been problematic to remove a large group of people, however, I think Tottenham made the completely wrong choice.

What kind of message does this send in regards to the punishments for racist behaviour?

Does this deter fans after being banned from trying it again? Certainly not, it will encourage them to still travel and it will be ok.

UEFA and the premier league are correctly making a big push trying to make racist behaviour unnaceptable.

Their punishment by UEFA for repeated racist abuse was a banning of attending this match.

If the punishments are not enforced, this is weak and unnaceptable in my opinion.

I did not see or hear the fans on the night yesterday doing anything wrong, but this is beside the point and irrelevant. They were aware of the banning order, and sadly even if they were behaving well these punishments for serious offences previously must be acted upon.

I am very disappointed with Tottenham’s decision, and what UEFA will do, or should I say not do about this.

I am always jealous of you when i see your user name.

I need to get back to LV soon.

Gascoigne-Negro concedes three goals today if the opponent is better...
Oh my DAYS... I've only just seen 'what you did there'
who DO YOU support... I mean really??

If it isn't Spurs, then it HAS to be either Chelsea, Millwall... West Ham...?
S'gotta,be one of 'em... unless you're pissed...? 'cos you ain't no Yid of mine!!
EDIT: Seems I totally missed the boat on this 'in-joke' ...apparently everyone but me got it...
Genuinely Sorry for outburst! :pochbye:

I need to listen to the podcast more don't I...?

You have to go past two lots of stewards checking you're ticket and security before make it to the turnstiles so that obviously didn't work :pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom