TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thank to you all for the kind comments. Means a lot more than you could expect in a time like this. He was only 51 years old and we only discovered the cancer at the end of november. He coulnd't fight the disease even for 2 months.

Thank you so much again, this is one of the reasons why i said that this fprum is such a good place on the web

Last edited:
I couldn't quite believe that they were taking an age to take throw-ins from literally the first minute, and I was dismayed when they got the first goal as I thought that would be even worse in terms of getting everyone behind the ball. But all credit to us, we responded in exactly the right thing and equalised within a minute. Not exactly a vintage performance, but we didn't need to be at our utter best to beat them, as I thought they were pretty average. I concur re the importance of Dembele's performance, we are definitely a more complete team when he is playing.

I couldn't quite believe that they were taking an age to take throw-ins from literally the first minute, and I was dismayed when they got the first goal as I thought that would be even worse in terms of getting everyone behind the ball. But all credit to us, we responded in exactly the right thing and equalised within a minute. Not exactly a vintage performance, but we didn't need to be at our utter best to beat them, as I thought they were pretty average. I concur re the importance of Dembele's performance, we are definitely a more complete team when he is playing.
I thought we were really off honestly. Usually we're moving the ball around quickly in attack and lack the end product, we just seemed to take too much time on the ball. I guess it's a positive that we, despite our play, managed a 4-1 victory(even if it is Sunderland)

Anyone else get slightly annoyed at just how much the BT commentators were lavishing praise onto the Sunderland goalkeeper. Yes he looked alright and is English, but they were sucking his cock from minute 1. Savage and Fletcher are horrible in the first place so it was to be expected, but Hoddle even joined in.

I mean they mentioned him just about every other second.... It got awkward. Just watching back and on every 4 of our goals, the first thing they talked about was how he wasn't to blame and bla bla bla.

Anyone else get slightly annoyed at just how much the BT commentators were lavishing praise onto the Sunderland goalkeeper. Yes he looked alright and is English, but they were sucking his cock from minute 1. Savage and Fletcher are horrible in the first place so it was to be expected, but Hoddle even joined in.

I mean they mentioned him just about every other second.... It got awkward. Just watching back and on every 4 of our goals, the first thing they talked about was how he wasn't to blame and bla bla bla.

He's young, he's English, he's "up and coming", and he's got talent. And to be fair, he had a number of saves that were impressive and some of the goals that did go in were more on bad defending on Sunderland's part rather than bad goal-keeping.

When Sunderland go down he'd be a decent acquisition

I was impressed with him tbh.

He's young, he's English, he's "up and coming", and he's got talent. And to be fair, he had a number of saves that were impressive and some of the goals that did go in were more on bad defending on Sunderland's part rather than bad goal-keeping.
With Butland and Hart ahead of him, I'd have thought he'll have a long wait for an England cap...

When Sunderland go down he'd be a decent acquisition
Yes! Unless McGee or Glover suddenly become amazing.
:pochserious:
Would much rather him than Vorm as our backup to be quite honest.

Back
Top Bottom