Tottenham vs Swansea City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree he's first choice and generally playing well but, sorry, I'm afraid his recent cock-up leading to goals count is higher than this!......

Soft and moronic free kick against Leicester allowed them to get into our box, subsequently score and come back to knock us out.

Very soft penalty against Liverpool when Verts was in front of Sturridge.

Roasted by Welbeck against the scum before their goal.

West Ham goal as you say.

He even flicked it on for Terry last week - admittedly he can't be blamed for being short or, that the line up of players behind him marking nobody is completely baffling but he's one of them. Somebody should've called that behind him, maybe they did. Part of the cluster fuck anyway.

I think he has the pace and tenacity we need and the attacking threat is important but, these errors are just the recent ones, he's still littered with them. Cut even just a few of these out and he'll be bang up there as one of the best left backs around for sure.
i like rose but he makes erratic mistakes. needs to calm down a bit & cut them out. love how when he is tripped he has a auto safety mechnisim that makes him spring in to the air & do a triple summersault. anything to avoid taking the full impact of a boot. such a good way to avoid injury as long as u can control the landing!

Last edited:
The amount of late goals we've been involved in this season (for AND against now) I still can't believe people leave early!!

How much earlier DO you get home if you leave 10 mins early...?** Is it really worth it?

** I assume the answer would be 10 minutes!!!!!

Thank you for your contribution Ms Volderman.

PS...Any chance of a fuck?

The amount of late goals we've been involved in this season (for AND against now) I still can't believe people leave early!!

How much earlier DO you get home if you leave 10 mins early...?** Is it really worth it?

Yeh WFT I think that almost deserves a thread, people leaving 10 mins before the end when you support Spurs, a team that seems to save everything for the last 10 mins. Like going to the movies, watching a cliffhanger and right before the truth is to be shown you bugger off, do these people also stop right before climax when having sex as well really don't get it. I understand if you have a good reason to rush off but just to avoid the crowd is retarded.

Last edited:

it dont work like that. u miss all the rush & the queues & crowds. so i reckon people who leave early save about 30mins+. only a guess. i only get to about 5 games a year. but i always stay till the end. make the most of it. i get stuck in the queues which is annoying. but well worth it. i will be called a crap fan for this, but i think i would leave early if we were getting hammered. i know u should stay to the end & support the lads but it would be so painful to watch & then get stuck in the queues. i think id leave when we go 4 down. no hope of a comeback. like the 5-0 liverpool game. id have gone when they scored the 4th.

Well it being a weekday makes a massive difference. For example, if I leave ten minutes early it means I get an earlier train home, which on a weeknight makes a big difference. Either I stay until the end and get home past midnight, or leave a little earlier and get home comfortably for 11.

It's the main reason I rarely bother with weekday games.

Well it being a weekday makes a massive difference. For example, if I leave ten minutes early it means I get an earlier train home, which on a weeknight makes a big difference. Either I stay until the end and get home past midnight, or leave a little earlier and get home comfortably for 11.

It's the main reason I rarely bother with weekday games.

To be honest if I had to leave 10-15 mins early I'd rather not go in the first place, better to watch in the pub then, I could not stand leaving and not watching the final drama, that would piss me off totally.

i can understand evening games people leaving later. also if u are getting a train out of london, for certain journeys u have to leave early to make the last train. or else u are stranded all night in london. its not as simple as some are making out. but daytime games there are no excuses! unless we are 4 down!

To be honest if I had to leave 10-15 mins early I'd rather not go in the first place, better to watch in the pub then, I could not stand leaving and not watching the final drama, that would piss me off totally.
ohhhh controvisial tommo. what makes u less of a fan, leaving early or not bothering & watching the whole game at the pub. it just gets more complex with each post. what about me leaving if we go 4 down? what is the meaning of life?

Well it's only recently we've been having last minute drama, let's not forget. Either way, it doesn't really bother me if people leave early, you don't know their reasons and it doesn't effect you if they miss out on any late goals/whatever.

i can understand evening games people leaving later. also if u are getting a train out of london, for certain journeys u have to leave early to make the last train. or else u are stranded all night in london. its not as simple as some are making out. but daytime games there are no excuses! unless we are 4 down!

This is it for me, I have to get back to Dover (the very south east of Kent), trains run until late but often mean having to go a different route (not high speed) and ends up with me sat on a platform in Ashford/Ramsgate for 45 minutes at midnight waiting for a connection train.

ohhhh controvisial tommo. what makes u less of a fan, leaving early or not bothering & watching the whole game at the pub. it just gets more complex with each post. what about me leaving if we go 4 down? what is the meaning of life?

Think you have got the wrong end of the stick completely, not saying I am a better fan just saying I don't understand leaving early unless you really have to would ruin the experience for me, don't get why that's so hard to comprehend.

Well it's only recently we've been having last minute drama, let's not forget. Either way, it doesn't really bother me if people leave early, you don't know their reasons and it doesn't effect you if they miss out on any late goals/whatever.

No just wouldn't do it myself unless I really had too and I would personally find it affecting my overall enjoyment of the game

Think you have got the wrong end of the stick completely, not saying I am a better fan just saying I don't understand leaving early unless you really have to would ruin the experience for me, don't get why that's so hard to comprehend.
i know u werent saying that tommo. i was only joking. i didnt make it very clear! i was joking about the debate of it all. not saying u were implying u were a better fan!

i know u werent saying that tommo. i was only joking. i didnt make it very clear! i was joking about the debate of it all. not saying u were implying u were a better fan!

My apologies, humour sometimes requires tone of voice/facial expressions etc and on a forum certain things can get lost, I took it as a serious comment and hence the response.

I believe thats why we have these things which sometimes do help.

:adegrin2:

Love this pic

B_SNCn-XIAAMM4d.png
Love the one you're with ... a sound policy in life.

I think it's more than ten minutes as you get away before the masses which slow all the walk from the stadium, trains and road queues down significantly.

Unless you have a specific time limit on parking or a train to travel home further than most or, something else particularly important to get to now and again, I'm not sure why people don't just factor all that in to going.

Occasionally I'm ready to go right on the whistle to jog back to my car if I was really pushed to get somewhere afterwards but otherwise, don't like leaving early. Those that arrive late, go to get a drink early at half time, come back late for second half then get up to go early no matter what the score is are nuts in my opinion.

I think it's more than ten minutes as you get away before the masses which slow all the walk from the stadium, trains and road queues down significantly.

Unless you have a specific time limit on parking or a train to travel home further than most or, something else particularly important to get to now and again, I'm not sure why people don't just factor all that in to going.

Occasionally I'm ready to go right on the whistle to jog back to my car if I was really pushed to get somewhere afterwards but otherwise, don't like leaving early. Those that arrive late, go to get a drink early at half time, come back late for second half then get up to go early no matter what the score is are nuts in my opinion.

I would also consider it nuts but trying to be devils advocate maybe they are just happy with the experience of being at the Lane and that's enough,but yeh like you I would not be good with it. Walking out the ground early trying to stream the final minutes on my phone ain't my cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom