Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

for those on here that thought Jose was the problem and the result we played sidewards football did you watch some of these games under mason

If I had to pick ONE quality this team lacks, it’s pace. We look old and slow. Chelsea look like a track squad disguised as a football team.
My thought exactly. "Players" like Dele and Winks can hardly run. Kane and Ndombele do it with body strength not speed. Son is slowing down. We have to back pass cause there is no one down there.

I think the main quality they lack is quality
The main problem is not lack of quality or pace, it is poor decision making skills, and a laissez faire attitude, and very few players taking an active interest in their actual profession, look at sergio and winks last night, and dele faffing about just outside our box, and dier against leeds.

I'd say its more of a lack of pride and personal responsibility.

When you are making poor passes under little pressure, you obviously are not focusing on the task at hand, in situations like that you go back to the drawing board and perfect the basics.

The idea is not to be great at everything, but if you are good, or better still very good at 1 or 2 things, then where you are short will be shored up by the other members of your team.

Team sports 101: pass and move........................

for those on here that thought Jose was the problem and the result we played sidewards football did you watch some of these games under mason
Oh he was a big part of the problem what you are seeing under Mason is a direct result of 15 months of poor coaching and from some of the stories circulating woeful fitness training. Mason is merely compounding the problems with zero experience. The next full time coach has two years incompetence and three years complacency to unwire

Can't find the Reggie thread so I'll say it here.

The lad just can not defend.
He's great going forward but is a awful at the back.
Loses his man, loses his position and dives in.

Call me old fashioned but I like defenders who can defend first.

Not that we have any.

Can't find the Reggie thread so I'll say it here.

The lad just can not defend.
He's great going forward but is a awful at the back.
Loses his man, loses his position and dives in.

Call me old fashioned but I like defenders who can defend first.

Not that we have any.
Have you ever noticed that his colleagues have to spend the whole match shouting at him to tell him what to do/where to be? I know players need to communicate, but this is on a different level.

Last edited:
We used to have players that would do anything to stop Villa scoring.

1000x67053.jpg

Back
Top Bottom