Tottenham Vs Watford - Sun Aug 29th - 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steve and Fabio are back 😂

I'm usually not a fan of these Klopp/Pep/Poch/*insert whatever manager name* pitchside cams. I find them really fake and the manager plays up to them also with fake "passion" displays.

BUT

This is quite different because these are the suits, the ones that usually sit just behind Levy on match days, where there's some kind of unwritten rule of not showing any emotion as you sit next to your opponents. The impact of this should be infectious, not for fans but I get why fans like to see this but infectious for the entire Spurs entourage including kit man, medics, PR and social media teams etc. etc..

The players will always be in their own controlled bubble (not talking about COVID here) the usual build-up to the game is well planned from the moment they arrive at their hotel/Spurs lodge and go to bed the night before the game. Each step controls the emotional build-up. But where I'm guessing this behaviour has an effect is on every member of the matchday group that's not the playing personnel, having them emotionally invested in the team and "up for the game".

I've mentioned it in here before but when we played Juve in the CL Poch made a very big play about the behaviour of the Directors at Juve (this meant what Paratici was doing as he was one of them then).
Marotta and the rest of the Juve party were incensed at ref's decision to ignore what they thought was a stonewall penalty for Douglas Costa in the 17th minute, following a challenge from Jan Vertonghen. It is understood there were angry scenes and Marotta was not the only Juventus executive to confront Marciniak. Pochettino’s assistant, Jesús Pérez, described how Marotta had left “three minutes before half-time” to put himself in the way of the players, staff and officials. Before the teams emerged for the second half TV footage showed that four Juventus players continued the protest to Marciniak.

Pochettino, who mentioned that he saw the Juventus owner, Andrea Agnelli, in the tunnel, said it was “two games against this type of club – one on the pitch; one outside it”. He felt his team had more than held their own in footballing terms but they were second best on the other side. Pochettino did not criticise Juventus for their efforts to gain an edge; rather, he said they had given Tottenham “a massive lesson in how to behave”.

“We saw how the sporting director [meaning Marotta] put pressure on the referee at half-time,” Pochettino said. “He was in the corridor. They were complaining about the penalty. Maybe we need to learn how we put pressure on the referee. In this type of game every minimal detail can help you to win.”

What we are seeing is elements of this, the game state away from the playing bubble, the marginal gains that even the non-playing staff play their part in and are invested in.

Nope I have no problem pointing out errors when they are there. I think it is fine to be happy with wins, but still point out problems that the team has.
I think it’s all well & good being positive & burying your head in the sand. But that’s one of the reasons we have declined so much. We pretended everything was good & our players were good enough. Then shocked when we didn’t even make the europa & look up at West Ham. Ignorance is bliss.
Pretend this has been a good window & then act shocked when 3 seasons running we don’t make the CL. Then these so called positive people turn negative & toxic, & usually extremely negative towards whoever’s fault they think it is this time. Usually misdirected too!

we don’t need to worry about Liverpool they are crap. We don’t need signings. Who do you drop? Spending big is a waste of time. United are shit. It’s all poch’s fault we will be great now he is gone. We have the players, just need the right coach.

a wise man once said “positive thinking is fine, but not at the expense of critical thinking”. Definitely said it in a more poignant way!

weak critical thinking leads to the shit like last season & one before that.

I think it’s all well & good being positive & burying your head in the sand. But that’s one of the reasons we have declined so much. We pretended everything was good & our players were good enough. Then shocked when we didn’t even make the europa & look up at West Ham. Ignorance is bliss.
Pretend this has been a good window & then act shocked when 3 seasons running we don’t make the CL. Then these so called positive people turn negative & toxic, & usually extremely negative towards whoever’s fault they think it is this time. Usually misdirected too!

we don’t need to worry about Liverpool they are crap. We don’t need signings. Who do you drop? Spending big is a waste of time. United are shit. It’s all poch’s fault we will be great now he is gone. We have the players, just need the right coach.

a wise man once said “positive thinking is fine, but not at the expense of critical thinking”. Definitely said it in a more poignant way!

weak critical thinking leads to the shit like last season & one before that.
Agree with this but we are shifting the truly shit, debilitative players like Sissoko and have improved at CB, DM and RB (Skipp and Tangana)

lots more to do but we have a better squad than last season…. Would love Aurier, Doc and Winks to go tho then we really have culled the dregs

Was anyone else totally convinced after yesterday that we should pay up to 50 million for Sarr start tapping him early next season Sarr Sarr Son Kane Moriba lots of pace and power. Ishmael was a handful. He is a way better player that Traore will he will be sick if Liverpool get him

Was anyone else totally convinced after yesterday that we should pay up to 50 million for Sarr start tapping him early next season Sarr Sarr Son Kane Moriba lots of pace and power. Ishmael was a handful. He is a way better player that Traore will he will be sick if Liverpool get him
Wouldn’t base a 50M decision on one game but yeah he was dangerous - pace, touch and confidence. His upside is huge

Seemingly so:

I'm not trying to take anything away from you haha. You're allowing yourself to be rattled over a post on a forum, so ask yourself a few questions. Nothing to do with me how someone on an internet forum makes you feel about yourself and life, for fucks sake.
He’s happy apparently!

I had him down as ‘Doc’ or ‘Bashful’!

Agree with this but we are shifting the truly shit, debilitative players like Sissoko and have improved at CB, DM and RB (Skipp and Tangana)

lots more to do but we have a better squad than last season…. Would love Aurier, Doc and Winks to go tho then we really have culled the dregs
Yep better than last season at least. Really like tangana. Not sure about skipp yet but better than what we were putting in that place last year.
Shows how much out the loop I am. Didn’t realise sissoko had left ha. Signed for Watford 2 days ago! :tobyarm::nunothumb:

Great news. As you say, those other 3 next would be good too. Rose & lamela off the books too.
improved on last season. but enough for top 4? Seriously doubt it!

Back
Top Bottom