Tottenham Vs Wolfsberger 24th Feb 17:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm guessing that the Bale sign is "W" for Wales but what is the 2 finger Dele sign about?
And the Davies one, too. That one has me baffled.

Dele Alli

Did he lose the ball on a few occasions? - Yep
Did he flop on the floor claiming a fouled each time he was tackled ?- Yep
Did some of his flicks not work? - Yep
Did he score a wonder goal? - Yep
Did he set up 2 other goals with perfect passes? - Yep

Yep, that's Dele Alli. Shame Jose couldn't move past the first 3 points.
At the moment 3 points is not what we do.

A lot of supporters couldnt see past it for the 2 1/2 years hes been overall poor either.
Hopefully last night is a confidence boost for him and he can push on. If him and bale were turning up in training putting effort in i cant see why they wouldnt be playing. Mourinho for all his faults is no dope. If he thought theyd bang in goals and improve everything would he not play them to save his job. A lot of it is player attitude too

Two and a half seasons.

So second half of 2018/19 season, he was out for from January to March with a hamstring injury then helped us reach Champions League Final.

Start of 2019/20 out again with a hamstring injury, scored regularly upon return to team, and was then scapegoated.

And in 2020/21 totally ostracized by a manager, but on the few occasions he has played has been involved in more goals per minute than any other player in our team (admittedly against weaker opponents) .

Think confusing poor with not given opportunities despite them being deserved.

I mean for me the one that summed up the situation was he was our best player in match I think it was against Stoke, but for trying something in final third, was carted off and publicly criticized for us conceding, despite that being 30 seconds later, 20 passes later and half a dozen of our players had decent chance to avoid it and dropped totally out of squad for next few games. That was the last straw, and is a root of all our problems, our attacking support players are being picked to defend first rather than be creative.

His goal involvement (goals/assists) when used, still stack up every season.

Last edited:
Will you be celebrating an EL trophy less then? At some point we are going to face Woolwich, Leicester or Milan etc

I have more faith in the so called back up winning those games than the first team to be honest

I will go nuts if we beat City too, maybe others will sit there talking about how they wish we got a Liverpool away instead of Brentford
No one was talking about celebrating the trophy more or less. The point was our backups have only done well in cups so far because they have played against absolute trash teams. When they were given chances in the PL, they showed they are shit. Further in the cups we will face teams the level of PL teams or better and the backups who failed in the PL already are useless for those. Now , for eg, you said we shoudl give Vinicius a PL game to see how he does then we shoudl definitely try that but until he can prove himself against decent teams, it is nonsense to start him in the final vs mancity.

No one was talking about celebrating the trophy more or less. The point was our backups have only done well in cups so far because they have played against absolute trash teams. When they were given chances in the PL, they showed they are shit. Further in the cups we will face teams the level of PL teams or better and the backups who failed in the PL already are useless for those. Now , for eg, you said we shoudl give Vinicius a PL game to see how he does then we shoudl definitely try that but until he can prove himself against decent teams, it is nonsense to start him in the final vs mancity.
But our best players have been shit too in the PL so what’s the point here?

People want Vinny to prove himself against decent teams, well I’m just glad he’s proving himself against who we put in front of him, unlike some others.
His minutes this season in the PL
3, 9, 1, 45, 90

What he’s supposed to come on and destroy Chelsea in his one full match a halfway through the season.
Kane has 4 goals against the top 8 by the way (and that’s when those teams were 16th and 8th), no one wants to talk about it though, yet think Vinny should have proved himself in 158 minutes.

He’s playing well, strike while the irons hot and that goes for Bale too.
Dele also earned a start.

Do you really want to see the same attack since Christmas again on Sunday? It was exactly the same after the Everton game.

But our best players have been shit too in the PL so what’s the point here?

People want Vinny to prove himself against decent teams, well I’m just glad he’s proving himself against who we put in front of him, unlike some others.
His minutes this season in the PL
3, 9, 1, 45, 90

What he’s supposed to come on and destroy Chelsea in his one full match a halfway through the season.
Kane has 4 goals against the top 8 by the way (and that’s when those teams were 16th and 8th), no one wants to talk about it though, yet think Vinny should have proved himself in 158 minutes.

He’s playing well, strike while the irons hot and that goes for Bale too.
Dele also earned a start.

Do you really want to see the same attack since Christmas again on Sunday? It was exactly the same after the Everton game.
We shoudl give Vinicius more chances in the PL before dumping him in more important and difficult cup games. If he proves himself in the league then yes he has a chance to play the final but if he cant play well against any decent team ever then its a no obviously.

When Harry Kane is shit, yes
Even at 50% of full speed, Harry is a better footballer than the majority of the squad.
Some teams man mark him when hes a substitute.
I know your signature shout is to call out players that you consider to be under performing, but seriously sammy, have a word with yourself.
If it was aguero or suarez, yes. But vinnie? He is exactly what he is, a battle casualty replacement, or good for europa league games.

EVERYTHING?? Bit harsh.

I know they kept running out of food and drink at my part of the stadium.

Not sure how Harry Kane got involved in that shambles.
I don’t mean Harry, I mean the mentality that the entire club revolves around one player.
It’s just not a good way to do things.....injured, off form, should be on the bench like anyone else.

We learned this the hard way in the CL final and still to this very day people think Kane not scoring is better than Moura scoring

Last edited:
Literally nobody on planet earth (who supports Spurs) thinks that.
But they do.
Because like the manager at the time, not many people wanted an in form Moura to start the final, despite having him to thank for us being there.

They wanted Kane, who hadn’t kicked a ball for ten weeks.

Who the fuck comes back from a lengthy injury and their first game is to start a CL final?
Absolutely shit management and more fool anyone who still backs the decision.

It was a no balls losers decision

Back
Top Bottom