Tottenham Vs Woolwich - Sun 12th July, 4:30pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And all those bleeding heart idiots over the last few years....”awwwww poor Claude, I feel for him”

Fuck him, another gooner cunt
I just checked out the aftv video of Toby’s goal and their reaction. After the schadenfreude I thought that Claude always seemed a bit less “Goon” than the other clowns that Robbie gets on his freak show but after hearing this screw him. He’s just as bad as the rest of them

On Mou's tactics, 442 worked well. Is this the best way to set up defensively against teams with attacking full backs/wing backs? It worked for Athletico Madrid against Liverpool. In the first leg of their CL tie Liverpool didn't have a single shot on target. I wonder if more teams will play this way against 'pool next year, and if they'll have a lot less success as a result.

On Mou's tactics, 442 worked well. Is this the best way to set up defensively against teams with attacking full backs/wing backs? It worked for Athletico Madrid against Liverpool. In the first leg of their CL tie Liverpool didn't have a single shot on target. I wonder if more teams will play this way against 'pool next year, and if they'll have a lot less success as a result.

Atletico are probably the best drilled team in world football when it comes to defending though with the best goalkeeper in the world behind it - I don't think Brighton and Hove Albion deciding to play 442 will work quite the same.

I don't particularly think us playing a 442 would work against Liverpool either. Whilst I'd have faith in Sissoko and Lucas running up and down all day to stop TAA and Robertson - I would still be worried about our centre being overrun by their 3 in midfield as well as their front 3 occupying the same space that Woolwich got in our defence.

It also helped that they played 3 at the back with David Luiz and Mustafi as part of it.

Atletico are probably the best drilled team in world football when it comes to defending though with the best goalkeeper in the world behind it - I don't think Brighton and Hove Albion deciding to play 442 will work quite the same.

I don't particularly think us playing a 442 would work against Liverpool either. Whilst I'd have faith in Sissoko and Lucas running up and down all day to stop TAA and Robertson - I would still be worried about our centre being overrun by their 3 in midfield as well as their front 3 occupying the same space that Woolwich got in our defence.

It also helped that they played 3 at the back with David Luiz and Mustafi as part of it.
Point taken that Athletico are exceptional defensively, and their success won't necessarily translate to other teams. At the same time, it's not normal for teams to have the % assists Liverpool get from full back. So I wonder if some of their success is due to exploiting modern tactical trends of teams setting up to dominate/win the centre eg 433. I'm not tactically knowledgeable enough to judge that, but formations tend to come in and out of vogue.

2 up top also worked well for us. Seems to get the best out of Kane, whether it's Dele or Son playing close to him.

Point taken that Athletico are exceptional defensively, and their success won't necessarily translate to other teams. At the same time, it's not normal for teams to have the % assists Liverpool get from full back. So I wonder if some of their success is due to exploiting modern tactical trends of teams setting up to dominate/win the centre eg 433. I'm not tactically knowledgeable enough to judge that, but formations tend to come in and out of vogue.

2 up top also worked well for us. Seems to get the best out of Kane, whether it's Dele or Son playing close to him.

I've always liked us playing Kane and Son together.

The only issue is that it tended to come from playing that god awful diamond that we simply don't have the personnel for. We don't have flying wing backs, and we don't have a defensive midfielder.

And all those bleeding heart idiots over the last few years....”awwwww poor Claude, I feel for him”

Fuck him, another gooner cunt
I think the guy clearly has mental health issues and they have taken advantage of him. Won't be surprised if something bad happens to him after he is booted off. That TI as well looks like he is on the spectrum.

I've always liked us playing Kane and Son together.

The only issue is that it tended to come from playing that god awful diamond that we simply don't have the personnel for. We don't have flying wing backs, and we don't have a defensive midfielder.
Poch desperately wanted to pair Kane and Son together IMO, it’s why he was so keen on the diamond.

In theory their partnership could be frightening, but it’s a big load for the CM pairing to carry.

Poch desperately wanted to pair Kane and Son together IMO, it’s why he was so keen on the diamond.

In theory their partnership could be frightening, but it’s a big load for the CM pairing to carry.

You can see why though.

Statistically, they are the most effective partnership in Premier League history (and that's just with both of them on the pitch at the same time)

When both are on the pitch, I believe they score 1.29 goals every 90 minutes.

That's better than Mane & Salah who are on 1.26 goals every 90 minutes together, Aguero & Sterling who are on 1.22 per 90, Henry & Pires who managed 1.17 and Torres & Gerrard who got 1.13.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/15/dvd-racial-slur-meaning-Woolwich-fan-tv-aftv/

ahve no idea how to embed, but there is a video in this article.

This just proves he was using it solely as a racial slur, whilst sipping on his can of Stella Artois.

Doesn't hurt having Simeone.

When I first started going, we had Lee-Young Pyo at fullback. And maybe it wasn't as often as I remember since I was only about 11. But if I'm right, he was referred to pretty often as DVD by our own fans with no ill-intent. Doesn't make it right, but it's clearly an anachronistic phrase (you don't get dodgy blokes selling DVDs in pubs much now!) and I doubt he was intentionally trying to insult anyone; I dare say a fair few are chucking stones out of glass houses on this one. Should've just apologised and moved on and I don't think a huge deal would've been made out of it.

The 2010 2-3 full game was on Sky last night. My god...same season when Bale destroyed Maicon. We are so much better than we think we are. I love this club...

Back
Top Bottom