Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jimmyriggle

Blatant
Right. It's about time someone with a winning run of match threads sorted this mess out.

Next up Stoke City. 2 men suspended from the game against Newcastle today and they had to play over 45 minutes with 9 men so will be more tired than us.

Surely, SURELY this will be a home win.

Paulinho should return to the squad and hopefully at least one of Dembele and Sandro.
I'm going 3-1 Spurs and Soldado to score 2. One a pen and one from open play (shock horror)

COME ON YOU LILLYWHITES!

Will be interesting to see how our central midfield looks with Paulinho's suspension ending and hopefully Dembele and Sandro returning from injury. I'm pleased with Bentaleb's performances, but there's no chance he should be playing over any of our more senior midfielders.

Lets hope Steve Kean moves away from 4-4-2 - great to see 2 up top but if there's no service it's a waste. Much better as an option later on in games.
I'm hoping for Lamela and Capoue starting.

433 please.

Lloris
Walker Daws Vlad Rose
Sandro
Paulinho Eriksen
Lamela Soldado Chadli​

Capoue in for Sandro if he's not fit.​

Seems like we are back to the days of Harry where if we score in the first 20 all things are rosy but the longer things stay 0-0 the less likely we are to create and we get what we saw today.

Not going to hold my breathe, Stoke are very good at parking the bus at WHL.

Seems like we are back to the days of Harry where if we score in the first 20 all things are rosy but the longer things stay 0-0 the less likely we are to create and we get what we saw today.

Not going to hold my breathe, Stoke are very good at parking the bus at WHL.

This is true. And for your last sentence alone, but particularly because of the first part, it's pretty important we go up early in this one.

I never usually do these but I'd go for 4132:

Lloris

Walker Chiriches Dawson Rose

Sandro/Capoue

Lamela Eriksen Chadli

Soldado Ade

Not sure that's entirely different from what we're already doing ATM sans Sandro/Capoue because of the high-ish line. That separation would also be indiscriminate on a pitch as small as ours. But that having been said, I'm all for it especially with the addition of a true CDM.

433 please.

Lloris
Walker Daws Vlad Rose
Sandro
Paulinho Eriksen
Lamela Soldado Chadli​

Capoue in for Sandro if he's not fit.​

If we went all gung ho attack with that line up I reckon we could fuckn tonk afew teams. Shame it will likely never happen. I've been waiting for that midfield and attack all season :(

Rose
Daws
Chiriches
Naughton

High chance of this being our defence on Sunday.....and after today it scares the fuck out of me

Honestly, if it has to happen against anyone I'd prefer it to be Stoke. Walker picking up a yellow in this one and thus being out for our trip to Old Trafford would be a disaster. I want that one badly.

Rose
Daws
Chiriches
Naughton

High chance of this being our defence on Sunday.....and after today it scares the fuck out of me

resize.php

I think Walker is out for the next game.

Which Stoke players got sent off then? Just noticed that Stoke have Crouch and Palacios too.. that should be fun

Back
Top Bottom