Training Ground

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking incredible! #notonebrick #Levyout
lodge_image1.jpg

lodge_image10.jpg

lodge_image2.jpg

lodge_image3.jpg

lodge_image4.jpg

lodge_image5.jpg

lodge_image6.jpg

lodge_image7.jpg

lodge_image8.jpg

lodge_image9.jpg

lodge_image11.jpg

lodge_image13.jpg

lodge_image18.jpg

lodge_image14.jpg

lodge_image15.jpg

lodge_image16.jpg

lodge_image17.jpg

I spent a couple of weeks living and training at the Sporting CP academy in Portugal and I can safely say it's the most I've ever developed as a player in such a short space of time. More so than anything I've ever done in England. A lot of this was because you were living there - you really felt like it was home for that time and it makes you train better for sure.

Eric, is that you?

Oh well stadiums a bit slow but we have a 'palyer lodge' apparently coming

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-multimillion-pound-player-lodge-9897384.html

1415791907052_wps_2_Joe_Lewis_and_Daniel_Levy.jpg

"Check it out Joe, we build a fancy schmancy "players lodge" next to training ground, and then... get this... charge other teams to train and stay there. All the decent ones that come over to play the proper London teams, the ones that get into the Champions League.

Fancy restaurant, barbers / tattoo parlour, Beats by Dre repair shop. £5.99 a day for WIFI.

We’ll be fucking raking it in.

And if our lot have a game at the same time, they can just run around the car park a couple of times.“

Last edited:
Well if you choose to believe in falsehood and fantasy’s good for you.

Tell me this if you went onto a Leicester forum and this debate was being had which side would you believe to be the deluded?

You can be positive about the club without concocting endless comfort narratives that are not rooted in reality.

You may see this as negativity I see it as a sign of maturity and honesty.

We have a world class training complex, it's a good thing, it means players arriving to the training every day of their working life aren't going to a poxy portacabin every day. It's not even about attracting players, it's retention, a player is more inclined to be happy here...

Waits for 'but Eriksen & Alderweireld are still out, what good has the complex done there?' answer, the training complex is a reason to stay and not the sole one. Just because players leave or arrive it doesn't make the facility a bad idea.

It's not fantasy or delusion to say we have a facility to be proud of.

Where have I said that having Hotspur Way is a bad thing - that wasn’t required?

The point is it’s significance - let’s not talk about us because clearly some do not the maturity for that.

Take Leicester for example - their complex will be one of the best in the world - I’m sure their players will love training there and prefer it their old one. Great.

Does it enhance their club in any meaningful way? No - it’s training complex and they will still be Leicester City. They are not going to suddenly attract a different calibre of player than before. A training complex will never enable a club to do and is a anyones perception of Leicester going to change on here. It’s not and everyone here knows that.

So when we apply such criteria to other clubs can some find it so difficult to apply to their own?

You are so wide of the mark it's unbelievable .... this isn't even complicated ...

In life people spend more time at work than doing anything else other than sleeping ... the working environment gets more importation as your salary goes up ... low paid employees will put up with a shit work place just to get paid, managers want an office, directors want a window and a secretary, owners want the private jet etc

Footballers are at the top of the tree, they don't want for anything, if they're going to spend 30 hours a week training they want that training facility to be the best, have the best equipment, best pool, best medical, best lounges, best wi-fi .... best feckin' everything ... and that's what Hotspur Way provides ...

Training ground four days a week is way more important than stadium for 90 minutes once a fortnight.

Hodgson, England in 2016 "These facilities are at a whole new level"
Brazil 2018 "The hotel, player facilities, and training ground are the finest now in Europe"

Poch "It is vital to give the players happiness when the are working, to attract the best players you need to offer this, we have the best chance to do that with this training ground"

So they all seem fairly on board with Hotspur Way ... what's your problem?

hsldsnD.jpg

Not much to see but right at the tip of the wing (above) is the new players lodge construction site.

And bellow is Spurs Lodge now being turned into an autistic school with residential homes.
OsmL5IF.jpg

Also London away games. It’s a great idea and one that will be copied by other clubs.
What makes it even better is it’s not been given to us. The Stadium or the Training facilities.
Man City have something similar at their training complex. Yet it’s no time like they had to worry about the money to build it.

What’s happened the last few years on and off the field has made be really proud to be Spurs.

I hope Willian has a good look about before we stick him out in the courtyard with a sleeping bag.

A training complex isn’t going to draw players in - what does is lucrative contracts and the clubs capacity to compete for silverware. Leicester won’t to be able to compete with us with signings when they have a trading ground on par with ours.

You’re drinking the kool aid and telling yourself what you want to here. Take us out of this and ask yourself what this means for Leicester - then you have your answer.

Yes we needed a new training ground and yes it’s hugely impressive but that is it. It did little to help the club in 2013 when both AVB and Sherwood were sacked. And our performances have improved since then because we have had one of the best squads in the league - that would have still been the case had been at the old facility.

You literally sap the pleasure out of every thread and bring it back to silverware, for the sake of other users, give it a rest.

What you do honestly expect to them to say when asked about this? Did you honestly believe Hodgson believed that Hotspur Way at a whole new level when the England national team had St George’s Park?

And again this isn’t about the redevelopment - we needed a new training ground, Hotspur Way is a fantastic complex. That was never being disputed.

Again this is about it enhancing the clubs status in any discernible way. That it would influence new signings. It won’t contracts and teams do that. Take us out of this and if a Leicester supporter tried to claim that their new complex will take them to the next level and enhanced their future signings what would you say.

It’s make a mockery of any such suggestion when teams like Reading are being facilities like that.

Hotspur Way is a fantastic training facility that the club needed. That’s it - it doesn’t need to be presented as something that it is not.

I disagree with 90% of that ... not going to bother to repeat why as you clearly never read the first post ... might I suggest you go and look at what the players say about training facilities, that's what really matters ... or are they all lying just like Hodgson?

Man City have more money than god, clearly by your logic they could train in Salisbury's car park as the players wouldn't care ... yet they have spent over 200 million on the City Football Academy now I wonder why they did that?

Back
Top Bottom