Training Ground

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know people moan about ENIC. You have to admit though that we are not a massive club. We cannot compete financially with the two Mancs, Arse or the Chavs. We have the 6th largest income in the EPL yet have the 11th best capacity. We ave punched well above our weight for the last 5 seasons.
We do not have money to spend, we are a selling club. We have constantly sold our best to re invest.
We also have a training facility on par with the best. Hopefully we will soon have a SOTA stadium.
Whatever our gripes with ENIC, the flip side is when they eventually sell, whoever buys this club will buy a club with a stadium and facilities to match anyone in this league and most of the world.
Before they took over we had a shitty complex which was outdated and not fit for purpose, and 9 seasons of the EPL we had finished no higher than 7th , Spam had finished above us 4 times and 3 times we had been outside the top 10.

As for the objections, there is nobody living near that it would bother part from the two houses adjacent to the farm. The land beyond their garden perimeters is empty and owned by Spurs. If the accommodation is built they well not be able to see it as it will be covered by a bank of grass and trees.
Steve Collins lives nowhere near Whitewebbs and probably wouldn't object to the golf course 'eating away at the land' if they wanted to level some more forest to extend the car park, etc. . If I remember rightly, those houses up where he lives have risen by about £50,000 since last year and over £120,000 since Spurs bought land there.

It will have no impact on the environment or house prices . It's not as if we are talking about a tower block. The only people who have any legitimate objections are the two owners of the houses. It will be at the end of their back gardens.

Edit: I wonder how old Mr Collins' house is and if anyone objected to it being built on 'green belt ' land. FFS, go back to the 30's and there were hardly any homes there.

Last edited:
I know people moan about ENIC. You have to admit though that we are not a massive club. We cannot compete financially with the two Mancs, Arse or the Chavs. We have the 6th largest income in the EPL yet have the 11th best capacity. We ave punched well above our weight for the last 5 seasons.
We do not have money to spend, we are a selling club. We have constantly sold our best to re invest.
We also have a training facility on par with the best. Hopefully we will soon have a SOTA stadium.
Whatever our gripes with ENIC, the flip side is when they eventually sell, whoever buys this club will buy a club with a stadium and facilities to match anyone in this league and most of the world.
Before they took over we had a shitty complex which was outdated and not fit for purpose, and 9 seasons of the EPL we had finished no higher than 7th , Spam had finished above us 4 times and 3 times we had been outside the top 10.

As for the objections, there is nobody living near that it would bother part from the two houses adjacent to the farm. The land beyond their garden perimeters is empty and owned by Spurs. If the accommodation is built they well not be able to see it as it will be covered by a bank of grass and trees.
Steve Collins lives nowhere near Whitewebbs and probably wouldn't object to the golf course 'eating away at the land' if they wanted to level some more forest to extend the car park, etc. . If I remember rightly, those houses up where he lives have risen by about £50,000 since last year and over £120,000 since Spurs bought land there.

It will have no impact on the environment or house prices . It's not as if we are talking about a tower block. The only people who have any legitimate objections are the two owners of the houses. It will be at the end of their back gardens.
Could be fairly nice neighbours for them to have, if you think about it. No loud parties, no late night issues...

Edit: I wonder how old Mr Collins' house is and if anyone objected to it being built on 'green belt ' land. FFS, go back to the 30's and there were hardly any homes there.

You say we have the 6th largest income in the premier league. Then you say we`ve punched well above our weight in the last 5 seasons ! Errrm` no, not really. In the last 5 seasons we have finished between 4th and 6th. So at best, punching ever so slightly above our weight, or round about where we should have expected to be. Also, under ENIC, we have never finished above above Woolwich. Never. Not once. Let me say that again. In 15 years or so of Levy and ENIC we have never finished above a woolwich side who themselves have been quite average. This has never happened since world war fucking two. Yes we are a selling club. You right about that. In fact, under ENIC we are used as a player trading facility rather than a football club. Why people still feel the need to come on here and defend them amazes me. Their catalogue of shamefulness is endless. From the Berbatov / Frazer Campbell fiasco to the Emirates ticket allocation surrender to the highest ticket price to watch second rate players sham to stub hub.............. You say we are not a massive club. We are a big club with a massive fan base though that deserve so much better than what ENIC are prepared to deliver.

You say we have the 6th largest income in the premier league. Then you say we`ve punched well above our weight in the last 5 seasons ! Errrm` no, not really. In the last 5 seasons we have finished between 4th and 6th. So at best, punching ever so slightly above our weight, or round about where we should have expected to be. Also, under ENIC, we have never finished above above Woolwich. Never. Not once. Let me say that again. In 15 years or so of Levy and ENIC we have never finished above a woolwich side who themselves have been quite average. This has never happened since world war fucking two. Yes we are a selling club. You right about that. In fact, under ENIC we are used as a player trading facility rather than a football club. Why people still feel the need to come on here and defend them amazes me. Their catalogue of shamefulness is endless. From the Berbatov / Frazer Campbell fiasco to the Emirates ticket allocation surrender to the highest ticket price to watch second rate players sham to stub hub.............. You say we are not a massive club. We are a big club with a massive fan base though that deserve so much better than what ENIC are prepared to deliver.
Take it to the other threads on the matter, and then try and explain exactly how ENIC could have taken the club further. If your demand is that they spend more money, please explain why they should be willing to take a loss on their business. The thread for that kind of rant is here:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/levy-enic.6177/page-55

Take it to the other threads on the matter, and then try and explain exactly how ENIC could have taken the club further. If your demand is that they spend more money, please explain why they should be willing to take a loss on their business. The thread for that kind of rant is here:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/levy-enic.6177/page-55
What about the `rant` I was replying to. It was in this thread, see. I cant really reply to a post in this thread in a different thread can I. But since you asked me a question I could give a hundred answers to, I`ll start with just one, wait for your reply, and we`ll take it from there. In the summer of 2008 we sold Berbatov with 5 seconds of the window left leaving no time to bring in an adequate replacement. Far from moving the club forward, I think this act of brinkmanship took as backwards. What do you think.

What about the `rant` I was replying to. It was in this thread, see. I cant really reply to a post in this thread in a different thread can I. But since you asked me a question I could give a hundred answers to, I`ll start with just one, wait for your reply, and we`ll take it from there. In the summer of 2008 we sold Berbatov with 5 seconds of the window left leaving no time to bring in an adequate replacement. Far from moving the club forward, I think this act of brinkmanship took as backwards. What do you think.
I think the timing of the sale is not related to the timing of a replacement. We didn't sell and then look, you do both at the same time. And the jerk wanted out.

Scholar nearly killed us, but we did finish above arse. Although I am not on one side or the other ENIC took over in 2001. By that time the PL took effect in 92, the CL had been established in 93 .
By the time ENIC took over Arse were already established top 4 side, and have only finished outside the top 4 3 x since the EPL's inception. 4 years before ENIC took over Arsehole were looking at relocating and it began in 2002...a year after ENIC took control. So, why in the 90's were we not thinking ahead?
Who else has managed to break the top 4 monopoly without a massive injection of cash from a rich benefactor? Only Spurs.
If you want to blame anyone blame the Scholar era, the inception of EPL and Sky ( which Sugar championed) the CL or even Sugar as he couldn't establish us as top 4 club, when it was easier, from 92 -2001. You would have thought with a man on the inside of the EPL's TV sale we would have fared better.
From 1970 -1992 we finished in the top 4 6 times. 6 times in 22 years when it didn't mean anything.

What I am saying is we have a 36,000 capacity stadium mate. How do you think we have the 6th largest income with the 11th highest capacity?
That Bill Kenwright is the fucking devil too.
We cannot have it both ways.
We slag off Chavs and City, yet we all want to be like them. A business is not going to throw money away. So do we really want a benefactor? ENIC out, but who do we want to take control?
We need a bigger home, but nobody wanted to move from N17 when there was not really any option to do otherwise.
We forget if it wasn't for SO19 and the following riot we would never have got any cooperation.

I have my differences with ENIC. However, if we were still at Chigwell ( and i did not see the 2 owners before ENIC sorting that out) we would not have a chance of attracting, producing top players.
My point is when you look at the bigger picture it could be far worse. We could be Tottenham Dragons and playing in Red.

dr-lol.gif

Its all well and good saying we haven't finished above Woolwich but when the lowest they've finished in the last 20 years is 4th, and the highest we've finished is... 4th... and it cost Man City a Billion pound to break into the top 4... well it all adds up doesn't it.

Oh well stadiums a bit slow but we have a 'palyer lodge' apparently coming

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-multimillion-pound-player-lodge-9897384.html

1415791907052_wps_2_Joe_Lewis_and_Daniel_Levy.jpg

"Check it out Joe, we build a fancy schmancy "players lodge" next to training ground, and then... get this... charge other teams to train and stay there. All the decent ones that come over to play the proper London teams, the ones that get into the Champions League.

Fancy restaurant, barbers / tattoo parlour, Beats by Dre repair shop. £5.99 a day for WIFI.

We’ll be fucking raking it in.

And if our lot have a game at the same time, they can just run around the car park a couple of times.“

Last edited:
Ecologists have found great-crested newts and grass snakes living on the site as well as colonies of long-eared and common pipistrelle bats

Plans to build a 45-room ‘lodge’ at Tottenham Hotspur’s state-of-the-art training ground have hit a snag after ecologists found colonies of protected newts and bats on the site.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/tottenham-training-ground-lodge-planned-5134226?

:walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker:

Time to bring out the gasoline again!

Ecologists have found great-crested newts and grass snakes living on the site as well as colonies of long-eared and common pipistrelle bats

Plans to build a 45-room ‘lodge’ at Tottenham Hotspur’s state-of-the-art training ground have hit a snag after ecologists found colonies of protected newts and bats on the site.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/tottenham-training-ground-lodge-planned-5134226?

:walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker:

Shouldn't prove too much of a problem, although it'll take a lot of time. I know someone who does this job for a living, goes to proposed business sites to see if there's any protected animals there and if they can possibly be moved.

Shouldn't be hard to just make another pond in a corner somewhere, don't really see it being a huge issue.

Back
Top Bottom